2024-MAR-01 Info: Check out Songwriting Competition 079 if you're into "Synthwave" music making.

SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC018 February 2019 - Winners announced

Thematic Songwriting Competition - recurrence: monthly
TrojakEW

Re: SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC018 February 2019 - Winners announced

Post by TrojakEW »

First I want to thank you all for your feedback and Mister Fox for this nice challenge. Regarding rules and my mistake about track name I already explained in my review/voting post here. I didn't know that soundcloud use original file name for download. They should have warning about this on their site.

Now regarding my track. I know that those voices can be annoying but I want to try this. To create additional bonus stuff to give some "story" to the track. I take every competition including this one as opportunity to experiment and learn and to have fun. Hope all of you will be in next round. Still not sure if I will be able to make something. I have kind of creative crisis started last month and still lasting. It is quite annoying. Everything I made is sounds as junk. It is so annoying that I can't stop thinking about.

Congrats to TheNeverScene. I know from the start that you will win this round. As I understand now is my turn to choose the prize? If so then I skip. I already have feedback from all of you. So again thank you.
DoctorBob

Post by DoctorBob »

Congratulations to the top 3 - all well deserved and TNS, I always thought this was a winning track - happy myself with a 4th= !!

If I enter the next one I'll pay more attention to the brief.

dB
ontrackp

Post by ontrackp »

This was a fun and interesting competition. Thanks for all the feedback, and I enjoyed listening to every song.
Richard Watashi

Post by Richard Watashi »

Yea thanks to all for feedback and voting for me. I think my final position fits the small amount of effort i've putten into the track. It was really made in around 4 or 5 hours.
The Exponent

Post by The Exponent »

Congrats TheNeverScene!

I would like to thank EVERYONE for their feedback and the votes. It was very interesting to see everyone's take and creativity applied to the theme. Please keep it up! I would also like to thank Mister Fox for his efforts to organize this competition so professionally, it's very commendable.

I agree that there were a lot of issues with my mix and composition, but it was majorly due to my extremely late start. It was produced in less than 7 hours from start to finish and the rough edges do show I guess. I hope to put more time and dedicated effort to the SWC productions from next time onward and also incorporate all the feedback I've received this time.

I believe it's my turn to pick a prize. I'd like the following 3 expansion sets for Synthmaster:
  1. Insigna Essentials 4 Clubbin
  2. Nori Ubukata Sounds of the World
  3. Dawn of Electronic Music Vol3
Thanks!
Richard Watashi

Post by Richard Watashi »

Congrats to the winners - you deserve the prices because you've made more than a solid job on your tracks!
toadhjo

Post by toadhjo »

Congratulations to the winners! You guys earned it :)

And my apologies to Mister Fox and anybody else whom I confused. I did read the rules. The problem was I didn't realize how downloads on SoundCloud worked. I assumed SoundCloud compressed and renamed files but this is not the case, as I see now.

Next month I'll probably post to SoundCloud and also share a (properly named) MP3 on Dropbox or something.

I'm glad I participated and was able to get some great feedback. Next month's theme is gonna be a challenge for me but I think I'll give it a shot.
Leonard Bowman

Post by Leonard Bowman »

Thanks for the feedback, and thanks for all of the interesting tracks presented.
Congratulations, especially to y'all who topped the list. Well deserved, I'd say.

I'm fine where I ended up in the standings, but I'm really happy that y'all enjoyed my track. It was fun to branch out into the real world a litle bit. March's One Synth Challenge is going to be a priority, but I'll see if I can make time for the SWC, the theme looks cool and I'm already getting ideas.