2024-MAR-01 Info: Check out Songwriting Competition 079 if you're into "Synthwave" music making.

SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC019 March 2019 - Winners announced

Thematic Songwriting Competition - recurrence: monthly
The Exponent

Re: SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC019 March 2019 - Winners announced

Post by The Exponent »

Wohoo!

I would like to thank EVERYONE for their feedback and the votes, especially to those who didn't like my track as much. I've much to learn and I promise to do better justice to the theme/genre in the future :tu: Not sure if I can participate this month, but I will participate soon for sure!

Like last time, it was again very interesting to see everyone's perspective on the theme and the interpretation thereof. Please excuse me if I couldn't understand/interpret your perspective well, we are all in the same boat there. :hug:

I would also like to thank Mister Fox for his efforts to organize this competition so professionally, it's very commendable. :hail:

I'd like to select Tone2 Saurus2 as the prize.

Note: Mister Fox, like last time, could we also have your feedback and favored ranking? If that's not too much of an ask that is :smile:

Thanks!
Last edited by The Exponent on Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:05 CEST, edited 1 time in total.
mountaine

Post by mountaine »

Delighted to extend my felicitations to the well-deserved winners. A pretty clear margin there at the top, very well done!

The datasheet is hypnotic - I can't stop watching! :)

See you again another month - this month's theme is 100% NOT for me!
TrojakEW

Post by TrojakEW »

Congrats to Exponent to rule this round :tu: . Really good track and I still can't believe you are in this for such short time. But also congrats to all who paticipate. Good job and hope my comments don't make anyone agry or something. It was not mean to be rude or something so if anyone feels that way I apologize for this.
Regarding prize. I want J I L L I A M to choose the prize first. Then I will se if I found something to choose and play with.
mountaine wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 09:38 CEST
See you again another month - this month's theme is 100% NOT for me!
Yup it is not my theme too but I think it is good challenge to go to unknown waters. So I will try to make something for fun.
The Exponent

Post by The Exponent »

TrojakEW wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:04 CEST
Congrats to Exponent to rule this round :tu: . Really good track and I still can't believe you are in this for such short time.
That's a huge compliment :hug: But it's true. If you go to my SoundCloud, you can see/hear my music production journey so far. It will immediately become very obvious to you, how much I sucked when I started and still do for that matter.
Richard Watashi

Post by Richard Watashi »

Thanks for ranking me high but, i made the track really quickly and think it was the most simplistic sound among the rest so, i am passing my price to DoctorBob (if he wants) > you are welcome
TrojakEW

Post by TrojakEW »

J I L L I A M this is nice for you but I already tried this few rounds before and it looks you are not able to pass the prize down below winners podium . But we can wait to Mister Fox to confirm.
Richard Watashi

if it's like that... also, i seen DoctorBob here and he didn't reply so, i think i will take my pick than
Dr Dendrite

Post by Dr Dendrite »

congratulations you winners!
Richard Watashi

ok than, thanks Trojak for lettin me to pick first - i'd go with MODO BASS
Leonard Bowman

Post by Leonard Bowman »

Well done, y'all!
Hope to see some of you again next month; I know the theme may not be everyone's favorite but The Prodigy is really growing on me the more I listen.