2024-MAR-01 Info: Check out Songwriting Competition 079 if you're into "Synthwave" music making.

SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC022 June 2019 - Winners announced

Thematic Songwriting Competition - recurrence: monthly
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC022 June 2019 - Submissions until 24-06-2019 11:59pm GMT+2/CEST

Post by Mister Fox »

If this is a WIP, I give you an official warning and the info - "Work in Progress material goes here"
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=126

If this is an official entry, then your entry is final.

Folks - you know the rules by now. :educate:
DoctorBob

Re: SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC022 June 2019 - Submissions until 24-06-2019 11:59pm GMT+2/CEST

Post by DoctorBob »

Yup I know the rules --- sorry, not technically a WIP - my bad - post removed.

dB
Clueless

Post by Clueless »

So, thought I'd just get it over with :D

SW0022

Reaper
Granulab
Musescore
Audacity
Adobe Audition

Booteq, console6buss&channel, crystal, DC assasin, ditherbox, dragonfly reverb, la School bands, loudmax, multi analyzer, Youlean, Dimension plus, PTEQ-x, Distance2, Nabla, Aura, Synth 1, Misstortion, ReaEq, Obzylon, Dynamod, D piano E, EP mk1, minusdelay, Abstract chamber, Crust, MrTramp,

Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mister Fox »

A friendly reminder:
Including today, 14 days left to submit your production

So far we have 1 entry - please spread the word on social media, chatrooms, forums, news groups, etc. :phones:
A Future in Noise

Post by A Future in Noise »

Hello,

I had planned to post a zip file containing note sheets and possibly even midi files when I post my entry, so that anybody who wants to check how I have used Google Doodle can do that. But it doesn't seem to be possible to do that here or in the supplement thread. Is there anywhere within the Mix Challenge site where I can attach a zip file?

Cheers, A Future In Noise
DoctorBob

Post by DoctorBob »

I've created a composition using 32 bars from the google doodle. I don't have any screenshots but do have the midis. Given the random nature of the doodle, I cannot re-create any of the bars in the composition, and get a screenshot. So, will I be able to post a composition or not?

dB
A Future in Noise

Post by A Future in Noise »

DoctorBob wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 23:20 CEST
I've created a composition using 32 bars from the google doodle. I don't have any screenshots but do have the midis. Given the random nature of the doodle, I cannot re-create any of the bars in the composition, and get a screenshot. So, will I be able to post a composition or not?

dB
I never read anywhere that screenshots or midis are compulsory. I just thought that I'd provide them anyway, because I changed the notes from Google Doodle, to some extent. (Too much? I don't think so.) And isn't it strange that you cannot even attach an image, unless it has an URL? And by the way: in Cubase you can create a note sheet from a midi. It's called a score, and even in my old version of Cubase the program can make a PDF of it. But of course, that's not the same as screenshots from Google's very doodle. [EDIT:] The add-on rules actually says that it is recommended to post screenshots. I didn't see that a couple of weeks ago. But once again: HOW do I post screenshots? [/EDIT]
DoctorBob

Post by DoctorBob »

The problem with posting a screenshot is that I didn't know which of the 2 bar snippets I would use, and by then, of course, it's too late and it's impossible to re-create them! I can always drop the midis into Sibelius for a score (I usually start there!!!), and get a PDF. But that's NOT Google Doodle!

If there's no solution, then I can't post an entry.

Mr. Fox??????

dB
Clueless

Post by Clueless »

DoctorBob wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:37 CEST
The problem with posting a screenshot is that I didn't know which of the 2 bar snippets I would use, and by then, of course, it's too late and it's impossible to re-create them! I can always drop the midis into Sibelius for a score (I usually start there!!!), and get a PDF. But that's NOT Google Doodle!

If there's no solution, then I can't post an entry.

Mr. Fox??????

dB
Well I've posted, just included a screen grab, no one has said anything, so I'm either qualified for the challenge or I'm out. :bang: :whiteflag: or :phones: :grin:
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mister Fox »

A Future in Noise wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 16:44 CEST
But it doesn't seem to be possible to do that here or in the supplement thread. Is there anywhere within the Mix Challenge site where I can attach a zip file?
File attachment has been deactivated on this forum.

As written in the Rules and Guidelines (same as for the Mix Challenge), you upload it to a place like DropBox or Google Drive.

DoctorBob wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 23:20 CEST
Can't be helped then. But considering that you folks currently heavily debate the usage of this tool, I have to trust you. Maybe post a screenshot of just part of your MIDI (key editor / score editor), just to see what's going on and how you handled this. This was the main idea.

In order words - yes, you are qualified for the challenge.

A Future in Noise wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 06:38 CEST
[EDIT:] The add-on rules actually says that it is recommended to post screenshots. I didn't see that a couple of weeks ago. But once again: HOW do I post screenshots? [/EDIT]
The add-on rule and the premise hasn't changed since the day I wrote it - 31st May 2019. So it didn't just "show up".

:!: On a different sidenote.

Folks - you started this discussion this Sunday at about 4pm. It is currently Monday nearly 2pm and I've got a PM with "pending questions" and panic in the thread that I'm not available. You know that I try to respond as fast as possible. But please also understand that I can't be here 24/7 (I'm but one person running this after all). Most of the pressing question have been answered both in the Rules and Guidelines, and the premise in the second post. It's not like the deadlines is in 6 hours, but actually in 7,5 days.

Thank you for your understanding. If you still have questions - post them, and I get to them ASAP. Happy songwriting.