2024-MAR-01 Info: Check out Songwriting Competition 079 if you're into "Synthwave" music making.

SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC028 December 2019 - Winners announced

Thematic Songwriting Competition - recurrence: monthly
Richard Watashi

Re: SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC028 December 2019 - Submissions until 24-12-2019 11:59pm GMT+1/CET

Post by Richard Watashi »

I got you, Mr. Fox.

Here'S a new track.

SWC028_ApocAlypt0_...Still

DAW: FL Studio

Plugins:
Sakura
Fruity Piano
Plucked

Effects:
Parametric E2
Fruity::::
-Delay2
-Reverb2
-Compressor
.Limiter
-Love Philter
Maximus
Vocodex
Newtone

Lyrics and vocals by me.

" ...STILL

_

"you are my wish
dream you
need you to be here,
now, still

confusion blinded me
as mad as i can be
i am all in to you
i am lost without you

yet now you seem to be
better not around me
And i am way too late
love wasn't meant for me

you are my wish
dream you
need you to be here,
now, still

confusion blinded me
as mad as i can be
i am all in to you
i am lost without you

yet now you seem to be
better not around me
And i am way too late
love wasn't meant for me

you are my wish
dream you
need you to be here,
now, still"

Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC028 December 2019 - Submissions until 24-12-2019 11:59pm GMT+1/CET

Post by Mister Fox »

Is this an official entry now, JILLIAM?
Richard Watashi

yes, and sorry for the chaos
functionform

Post by functionform »

One quick question, do the lyrics HAVE to be about the end of the year? I propose only the end of the world.
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mister Fox »

functionform wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 04:42 CET
One quick question, do the lyrics HAVE to be about the end of the year? I propose only the end of the world.

Please tell me I don't write the premise for each game in vain. Because at this point, it really starts to feel this way.
Mister Fox - 2nd Post / Premise wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 04:42 CET

While technically nothing might really happen at the turn of the year, let's assume we're facing either one of the following scenarios: a level extinction event (think of the classics: meteor strike, nuclear winter due to mass eruptions or sudden loss of our sun, a pandemic, etc), end of the world due to "pushing the button" (as in: EMPs, cyber-warfware, nuclear strikes, etc), etc. Or worse, the sudden end of this page (aaaah! :o ).

Basically, things that are completely out of our control.

:arrow: A friendly reminder:
Including today, 3 days left to submit your production.

So far we still only have 1 entry. I know the Winter Holidays are about to commence, but 10 entries for the last songwriting game of the year would be nice to have.
Richard Watashi

if iam being the only participat, i don't want a reward
functionform

Post by functionform »

Sadly I won't make it. I tried valiantly but only got as far as 50%. Holiday month is very hard for comps.
becsei_gyorgy

Post by becsei_gyorgy »

Hi!

The theme of the month was the end of the world. It's Christmas time, and I approached the subject from more heroic side. The title of my song is Resurrection.
I primarily used a choir library.

What is the song and the "lyrics" about? :lol: :lol:
„Intro: The song begins with an etheral pad that describes a post-destruction, quiet, barren landscape with smoky ruins.
Then the choir begins to sing about the heroes who fought bravely in their last battle. They failed in their struggle, but with glory.
Our heroes can be proud of their heroic acts, the glory of self-sacrifice.
After the bridge (break?) the choir continues to describe heroes and their struggles.
Although they failed in their struggle, their name lives on in their heroic stories. In another world, they are together forever, marching to infinity.”

My entry:

SWC028_becsei_gyorgy_Resurrection.mp3
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1llARce ... _jrD/view

SWC028_becsei_gyorgy_Resurrection.wav
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fyGt_- ... vVzZ/view

user: becsei_gyorgy

DAW: Reaper

Instruments:
Kontakt -->
Zero-G Ethera Evi 2.0
Kontakt Factory Lib
Albion One
Metropolis Ark
Oceania

Sample:
1 downer from AudioImperia "Scenes from the Multiverse"

Effects:
TR5 Black 76
TR5 White 2A
Fabfilter Pro-Q3
R-vox
Valhalla Vintage Verb
Ozone 9 Vintage Compressor
Ozone 9
Olli H

Post by Olli H »

Genre: ”Singer/Songwriter”. Outsh, now it’s time for self-humiliation. Please, try to bear with my singing. After all, this is a songWRITING competition, not a singing competition. I’m still waiting that plugin into which I can import the midi melody and lyrics, and then select ”Johnny Cash” as the voice.

When I saw the topic of this month’s competition, it came immediatly to my mind that song’s name must be ”The end is coming soon”.

As the topic of competition was so dark, I realised that this could be some sort of opposite and answer to Louis Amstrong’s ”What a wonderful world” where singer sees this world the way everyone should see it. It was fun to write those lyrics. There may some bad grammatical mistakes, but at least I tried.

After I had listened some of the examples provided for this competition, it was clear that the song will be a retro song in major scale with only a couple of chords and no key changes. My first reference was Buffalo Springfield’s ”For what it is worth.” Later I found some extra inspiration from Bryan Ferry’s crazy cover of Bob Dylan’s ”Hard rains gonna fall”.

This song is hiddenly also about people’s paradoxal attitude towards world’s future. Although we know that the end is coming soon, besides of sometimes being anguished, we do nothing. We move on whistling in our daily life. Now wonder that Greta Thunberg gets angry.

DAW: Reaper
Drums: SSD5
Organ: DB-33
Piano: Kontakt
Guitars: me with three different guitars

MP3: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1t60GC ... Eq2JR2Xhec