2024-MAR-01 Info: Check out Songwriting Competition 079 if you're into "Synthwave" music making.

SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC029 January 2020 - Winners announced

Thematic Songwriting Competition - recurrence: monthly
The Exponent

Re: SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC029 January 2020 - Winners announced

Post by The Exponent »

Tj Shredder wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:54 CET
Clueless wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 07:31 CET
Hey AFIN,
I have to say, this seems very interesting, the change in the vocal, how did you accomplish this?
:hihi:

Its called SBVI (Sound to Brain to Voice Interface) one of the cheapest plugins available, but has a steep learning curve. (Mostly free, though if you pay a teacher it can get as well pricey...; - )
:hihi: I see what you did there. I too think those are new vocals and not the original ones. In case they are the original vocals but processed to sound like the way they do, that's some serious witchcraft! :o
A Future in Noise

Post by A Future in Noise »

The Exponent wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 15:43 CET
Tj Shredder wrote:
Clueless wrote:
Hey AFIN,
I have to say, this seems very interesting, the change in the vocal, how did you accomplish this?

Its called SBVI (Sound to Brain to Voice Interface) one of the cheapest plugins available, but has a steep learning curve. (Mostly free, though if you pay a teacher it can get as well pricey...; - )
:hihi: I see what you did there. I too think those are new vocals and not the original ones. In case they are the original vocals but processed to sound like the way they do, that's some serious witchcraft! :o
It was not breaking the rules when I sang that poem. What's so strange or funny?
The Exponent

Post by The Exponent »

A Future in Noise wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 15:50 CET
The Exponent wrote:
Tj Shredder wrote:
Clueless wrote:
Hey AFIN,

It was not breaking the rules when I sang that poem. What's so strange or funny?
Of course it was not against the rules. Just that we were wondering if those were the original vocals of LB, somehow processed to sound different (like TJ's entry). Good WIP BTW :tu:
A Future in Noise

The Exponent wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 15:53 CET
A Future in Noise wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 15:50 CET
The Exponent wrote:
Tj Shredder wrote:
Clueless wrote:
Hey AFIN,

Of course it was not against the rules. Just that we were wondering if those were the original vocals of LB, somehow processed to sound different (like TJ's entry). Good WIP BTW :tu:
OK - that would have been witchcraft! But it wasn't ... Anyway, I think I'm gonna use the wavetable technologie (or whatever it's called in correct English) in my entry for February. It's rather fun, once you have learned what it is. :)
Clueless

Post by Clueless »

A Future in Noise wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 15:16 CET
Clueless wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:57 CET
A Future in Noise wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:15 CET
Clueless wrote:
Hey AFIN,
Or maybe I misunderstood you. What do you mean by "change in the vocal"?
Sorry, should have been clearer with my question.
The vocal now seems to be sung with an accent change, or is this just me.
I know Leonard spoke with an american accent , now it appears different?
Two different men normally sound different. And there are human beings who are not born in the US.
:phew:
I thought I was on the verge of discovering a new way to change vocals :cry:

Now I understand what TJ was saying, it flew straight over my head. :zzz:

You have a very nice voice :sing: :tu: :clap:
And you definitely did no wrong :phones: :hug:
Hopefully you'll get more time in future to enter SW
A Future in Noise

Clueless wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 21:05 CET
Hopefully you'll get more time in future to enter SW
Thanks, Clueless! Yes, I hope so too. I haven't heard any of the entries in this competition. It's too much to catch up with, especially if I wanted to read all comments and replies as well. I concentrate on SWC030, instaed. Maybe we'll meet again at the end of february.