2024-MAR-01 Info: Check out Songwriting Competition 079 if you're into "Synthwave" music making.

SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC036 August 2020 - Winners announced

Thematic Songwriting Competition - recurrence: monthly
The Exponent

Re: SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC036 August 2020 - Voting until 03-SEP-2020 23:59 UTC+2/CEST

Post by The Exponent »

I think all of you stepped-up and came up with very interesting stuff. As always, since interpretation of themes/genres is clearly very subjective, please also take my comments with a grain of salt. But I'd like to say that I put in a lot of effort in studying about the new themes/genres to understand and learn about their nuances and "rules" whenever I compose something or try to 'judge' anyone.

So anyway, here's my feedback for what it's worth:

Jilliam - Ok Kill Me
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Firstly, drums are too distorted right from the start and I think you could’ve filtered those in during the intro. I quite like the synths and the dark mood you are aiming for. People have highlighted that this is big beat, not D&B and I agree. But it somehow works very well as a racing game soundtrack, especially one that is set in a dystopian environment with a lot of combat. I still feel you could’ve dialed the distortion down a bit during some sections as this would create a lot of contrast and make the impact of those drums a lot more. I do like your distorted synth sounds and they work well with the style you’ve chosen. I don’t understand why you slowed it down towards the end, since the end should have the highest impact and energy as the race approaches its climax or at least maintain the energy. The mix is also a bit too hot, but I think this suits the style of the track. All in all a decent track but not in the D&B genre intended by the brief so would be unfair to rank it higher. But well done and welcome back, it was good to hear some music from you.

Doc Jon - Gridlock
Really cool usage of the car sounds across the track making it very clear that this is a racing soundtrack. However, I feel that those should not have been used if this is actually intended to be a racing soundtrack and to be used by a customer, but I totally get the creative intent. It does seem a little like that this track is already playing in the background of a race. I like your main theme and the melodic ideas work well. Very nice chiptune-ish and other synth sounds, do give the track a very retro vibe that works well for a futuristic arcade racing game. I like your basses, although the low-end is a bit weak. Otherwise the mix is decent and I don’t find anything that sticks out. I think this fits the brief fairly well in terms of the genre and game environment. The driving melodic rhythm works well. Well done!

Jorgeelalto - Afterburner
Immediately starts very much like a liquid D&B intro, also very cool percussion work. Nice ambience and a very good buildup to the neuro section. Your basses totally fit the brief and drum programming is very good. I really liked those reso rising basses. I have one gripe though that this track slides in to liquid DnB territory which I find a bit odd. I’m not talking about the atmospheric breakdown, but the part that starts around 1:30. I quite like the half-time B section right before the energetic section as this gives the track more groove. Mix is nice in terms of tonal balance but I agree with Trojak that the mix sounds very centered. I’m not talking about stereo width, but stereo placement. You have such cool percussion work and a decent ambient section, I’d have loved some more creative stereo placement to widen the sound-stage. But I think you were short on time so it’s okay, but overall this turned out very well as a futuristic racing game soundtrack I think. Well done!

TrojakEW - Not fast enough
Umm, firstly I’d like to congratulate you on making a very commercial sounding soundtrack in terms of the production quality and composition. It has that Matrix Reloaded vibe and works well overall. But, and a big but is that in my opinion, this track doesn’t quite fit the brief/genre - a futuristic/dystopian racing video-game soundtrack. It’s not really drum and bass, more like symphonic big beat. I understand that you like experimentation but I think some basic genre specific rules should be adhered to. That said, I think this would work extremely well in an action sequence or some parkour montage or some physical training commercial. It somewhat lacks that driving feeling and intensity required for racing in terms of both the drums as well as the basses. I don’t really have any other feedback mix/production/composition wise as this track seems good on all those aspects, just that this track was produced for the wrong brief/genre. But mad respect for your production skills!

Gyorgy Becse - Mightnight Run
Nice intro. Interesting usage of those Mario sfx and that quack-quack bass is very cute. Those 2010 dubstep basses work kinda okay I think. I like the melodic theme you’ve got going but I think that artificial guitar sounding synth (or is that a real guitar made to sound like that?) is a bit too weak. In your feedback you wrote that you’ve tried to dirty up your sounds, but they sound a bit think, especially the basses. I think you should have added a distorted sub to the mix and that guitar thing definitely needs a lot of heft. The main riff is really cool though. Mix wise it sounds good, just that the low-end is a bit weak for this genre/style. Very interesting use of those vocals, I think it’s cool as well as a bit funny (in a goofy way since they don’t really sound serious in this mix somehow). I understand that you were aiming for a longer track as per the brief, but I think it gets a bit too monotonous somehow. If you aim for longer tracks you probably need more variety, let’s say a key change, or some half-time section or an ambient breakdown or something like that. All in all a decent attempt. Overall I think this can work very well in a retro/arcade racing futuristic video game which requires intensity, but not aggressiveness.

J.Ruegg - HyperBoost
Very cinematic start. I really like that you don’t waste any time on a purely ambient intro and get right to those beefy drums. Lovely sound design, I loved each and every bass you designed/used in this track. Text-book neurofunk. I do think that the snare could’ve been different? It sounds more like a dubstep snare than a neurofunk snare to me. Very ominous and dystopian theme, loved it! Energy right from the start. I read that people have complained that the track doesn’t climax well enough. I partly agree with that since I think that these soundtracks usually don’t need to have a build and a drop, since you’re driving all the time and the intensity needs to always be up. But that said, I think the finale should have had some variation in terms of the drums/rides or some white-noise layered basses to give it more grit somehow, if you know what I mean. Also probably a slightly different riff/theme right before the main theme takes over in the finale. I think production is very good, although you should ideally never have true peaks above 0 dB irrespective of your targeted LUFS. That said, this is more like the club mix than a streaming mix, so I don’t really mind the loudness. Overall great work and I think you pretty much nailed it!

Olli - Gatekeeper
I quite like your 1st chorus, very nice sounds there (although a bit unbalanced levels-wise). I think the section between 0:54 and 1:20 and other similar sections are well done regarding certain aspects of the brief – nice intense riffs, good drums. Only during those sections does it have that driving intensity suitable for a racing track. However, I don’t find anything futuristic/dystopian in your sounds, neither do I find much of “bass” play in your track. It’s primarily a guitar (synth guitar?) driven track which I think works well in the context of racing. The mix is fairly unbalanced, some sounds are way too loud in the mix which is quite annoying. Also, that synth/bass stab has uncomfortable highs, you should probably EQ it suitably. Your melodic sections, although fairly nice, are kind of unsuitable for this style of music. I could not really recollect any hooks, although I have a good memory. A decent attempt, but I really think you should watch the music/videos shared by Mister Fox, to educate yourself more on the briefs going forward. Because he does spend a lot of time curating those videos. It also makes for an educated and enjoyable experience while listening to the submissions.

Double Tap - Amen, Brake
Welcome to the community! I had actually read your feedback before listening to your track and saw that you are are a D&B fan. So when I heard the intro, it got me very excited! It’s probably the best intro in this round. Also, I quite liked your usage of the classic break when the track picks up pace. I was very interested in your track up until you have this momentary buildup/transition of sorts around 1:00. Things kind of go downhill from there for me. The track’s bass game is quite weak, if you know what I mean. I think you said that D&B should be just that, Drums and Basses so I find that pretty odd. It does have a cinematic feeling due to the strings and those choirs, but I don’t think it has the intensity required as per the brief. Not sure how suitable it is for racing music - simply having 160-170 bpm breaks is probably not good enough. Your use of glitching effects does add a certain interest to the track so I guess you could call it ‘futuristic’ in a way. Mix sounds okay. Overall a decent effort and looking forward to hearing more of your stuff in the future!

Clueless - Insideout Upsidedown
Interesting intro! Quite like the use of the vocal sample at the start. Although I didn’t like the outro SFX as much. Your sound selection/design is quite good on this track overall. I like the slap bass sample that you’ve used, adds a nice little touch. Bass design is decent but it lacks intensity and a bit of aggressive drive. Rhythm is good, I think works well enough as a racing game soundtrack with a slightly laid-back feel. Theme wise, does sound like it’s set in a dystopian setting. I really like your arrangement and layering and how you’ve managed to make the loops evolve over time. Those intricate layers ensure that the track stays interesting all throughout. Good job.

wishoff - Ready Set Glow
Firstly, welcome to the community. Your percussion work on this track is very nice. I also like the pulsating synths and some of the basses but in general, the bass play is a bit weak. The snare is also a bit weak for the style. I agree with JR that the hats clash with your snare making it sound even weaker. The groove is great! But, it somehow doesn’t have that D&B feel for me. I think production wise this is quite nice, has a nice suspenseful, tense feel and similar to Trojak’s track, would work very well for a different brief say a fugitive chase scene or say a heist scene maybe, just not a car chase/race. I do understand that you didn’t read the brief properly as you said, but that’s okay. You’ve done a fine job production/composition wise in the claimed 3 hours, so well done for that!

Canese - Deutner
It sure is futuristic sounding. I think this would sound very good in a retro/arcade racing/shooter game. That build with the snares around 0:50 sounds off tempo to me. The snare is a bit weak for the style though. You have some nice melodic lines in this track. It screams retro video game music. I think you’ve made a very decent effort in this style – the basses are decent, the rhythm is good, nice futuristic sound sounds. I think the intensity is also there, but the drums and basses need to be a bit more punchier and aggressive in my opinion. Great effort though! Mix wise I think it’s good, nothing sticks out to me as such.

Functionform - Arrival
Your ambient sections are the best in this round in my opinion. The atmospheric drones/pads are very well done. The drums really hit hard but I don’t quite like that snare too much. Sound-stage is really good and I like those little embellishments using delays. Very nice metallic and donk basses. I think it’s a hybrid between Neurofunk and Liquid D&B and the intense sections work very well as per the brief. Very futuristic sounding racing track. Well done man!

Scoreboard:
► Show Spoiler
Jorgeelalto
Song Provider
Song Provider

Re: SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC036 August 2020 - Voting until 03-SEP-2020 23:59 UTC+2/CEST

Post by Jorgeelalto »

Here we go. In order of submission:

@J I L L I A M - Kill Me: 1 point

- Style: I can't see this track fitting the style in its current form, although the idea is great. With a tempo increase to at least 165 BPM, and a change of drums. Acoustic drums are used in DnB drumkits, but you usually keep
hi hats and tops "mostly stock", the snare gets layered and distorted/compressed, and the kick is replaced with an electronic one. That's the old school way of making techstep drums, although you can just replace everything with synthesized drums and call it a day (new school). In its current form, though, I don't think it is close to the styles the SWC was aiming for. I could see this being a breaks soundtrack for a late 1990s action movie, but it's too slow and acoustic to be a neuro/techstep track.

- Production: A bit excessive distortion in drums, especially in the kick, where the distorted bass is a bit too nasty - I would have gone the multiband distortion route. Distortion on the rest of the hits and synths is cool, it makes the vibe of the track.

@Doc Jon - Gridlock: 11 points

- Style: I hope that's you car in the intro :D Even if there are a few elements that may be a bit "too melodic", I think you nailed the melodic DnB vibe (stadium DnB as it is called sometimes, with the big trance synths). Also, it looks like you blend it a bit with 8 bit music, it gives it a nice spin.

- Production: I think you almost got it right, but maybe there is a bit of a mess in high frequencies in the drops, because the hi hats, acid bass and lead synths get mixed in the same frequency areas. I think it's mainly a problem with the acid bass when going to the higher notes, but it's a minor thing. The track has a bit of an overcompressed feel though, probably because there are many elements at the same time and there is no space for the drums to hit that much. I reckon some more sidechain and a very slight increase in kick and snare volume might make it a bit clearer. Drums programming is really cool, I especially like the clap you put between snares in some bars, and I also love the reese bass.

@TrojakEW - Not fast enough: 3 points

- Style: This is a really cool breaks track. Unfortunately, not DnB, and that's a real shame, because I love it. Sounds more like a film soundtrack though, again, for some late 1990s action film (especially with the choruses and brasses).

- Production: Really nice sound, clear and punchy, although the choirs sound a bit "cheaper" than the rest of the track. Don't have much more to say, other than that drum programming probably sounds really cool at 170 BPM with some minor tweaks (pitching up some drum hits).

@becsei_gyorgy - Midnight Run: 6 points

- Style: It's on the good track, the spirit of the song I think is the correct one. Nice blend of soundtrack like structural changes and DnB drum parts, overall the track is a pretty good fit for the theme, I believe.

- Production: Here's what's lacking from your track, and that's the technique, especially with basses - they sound too middy/high, as if they were "electronic acoustic" drums, but not full DnB drums. It's complicated to get a balance on sample selection for the drum hits on DnB to get a drumkit that works perfectly at these speeds, though. Also, the sound in general is a bit "light", like on an old videogame soundtrack. I think it would benefit from a nice sub bass to fill the lows. I like the drums starting at 5:35 though, they punch much more.

@J.Ruegg - HyperBoost: 8 points

- Style: Nailed the style IMO. I really like the arrangement and all the ideas developed on it, you clearly show you know how to make soundtrack music, I imagine myself playing the game and listening to the track.

- Production: In this regard, the track could benefit from a bit more of DnB specific production techniques, especially on drum hits selection (the ones currently in the track sound more like Brostep/Halftime), sidechain and clearing a bit the arrangement (I feel like there is a swarm of basses, but not a main/sub bass that cuts through everything else), but with that sorted, I can easily see this on a real game.

@Olli H - GateKeeper: 2 points

- Style: Sounds more like soundtrack rock than DnB, even if the drums follow the pattern. The structure, chord progressions and guitar-like sounds and pads could really go into a rock track, but depart from your typical Drum & Bass track. I like it, but I don't really think it fits the style, although if it had acoustic instruments and a singer, I would imagine it on a Flat Out game.

- Production: Drums are not bad at all, their sound style and mix is pretty good - punchy, not too short or long, although I crave more percussion to get it rolling a bit more (even if it already walks good enough :) ). The overall mix is a bit dark and empty. In the drums section, I think it lacks more percussion to make it fuller. The "guitars" (distorted synths) section is nice, but then I don't hear much of a bass sound, so half of the genre is missing.

@Double Tap - Amen, brake: 4 points

- Style: Nice track! Jungle vibes, so not exactly DnB, and I think for a racing game that's critical - you have "rolling" (2-step) sections, but when the Amen is chopped and diced, the listener loses the "walking" feeling of it (imagine if you had to walk to the beat, and each feet stomp goes with the kick or the snare - DnB walks more than Jungle). In racing games I feel it happens a bit of the same thing, even if there are games with Jungle soundtracks (see Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition) they select "rolling" drum patterns, to get a sense of speed. Other than that, the track has an "epic" feel I like a lot.

- Production: The mix is a bit messy in some places, but overall it's great, sounds like old-skool Jungle for sure. There's something weird about the Amen, though, I don't know if the hi hats are shuffled too fast (separated from the kick/snare samples?) or there is some kind of fast volume modulation happening on them. Also, I would have tuned the tonal part of the break, the first kick (with the brasses) so that it fitted the tone of the track, but that's nitpicking already :) .

@Clueless - Insideout Upsidedown: 9 points

- Style: Cool! I like this one, one of the most DnB sounding tracks in this SWC. Nice bass arrangement, and overall structure is proper DnB. Love it! A bit underground for the style maybe, but that's why I like it so much...

- Production: The mix is a bit "closed", I think it lacks a bit of highs and overall sound clarity (maybe too much reverb? Drums not piercing enough?). Sounds like if it was far from the listener. Other than that... I don't know, I like it. Sounds that are not bass or drums sound like the late 90s/early 2000s, which is pretty cool and fits the style.

@The Exponent - Hyperdrive: 10 points

- Style: It's on the melodic side of DnB ("Stadium" DnB), the arrangement and composition is on point, I like it very much. Sounds really cool, and almost all sounds are nailed, it's pretty impressive :D .

- Production: It's a pity that the mix is not that clear. The melodic synths are better mixed, but the snare has a too aggressive high frequency cut, and it makes the drums sound too dark even if the problem is mainly with the snare. The reese bass is amazing though, it cuts through the mix, it is clear and sits very well with everything else.

@wishoff - Ready Set Glow: 7 points

- Style: I like the style very much, leaning more towards the club/dark side. The atmosphere and spirit of the track is great, I think this fits pretty well with the premise. The drums are a bit messy though, since you are mixing two snares (a "halftime" one, with the hi hats, and the "regular" one), you don't have a "main rhythm" you can adhere to (although the halftime sticks more with me). Also, I would have tried to put the bass notes in between the 1/4ths of the bars, so that they don't all exactly play along drum hits, to make more rhythm play between drums and bass.

- Production: Apart from the style things with the drums, I feel the mix is nice. It has nice subs (although from an analog style bass, which doesn't really work that well in DnB, where they use longer, sustained basses to contrast with the quick drums and percussions, like in your case).

@canese - Deutner: 5 points

- Style: Absolutely love the arrangement and composition of the track at the intro and 1:21 parts, even if the production part is a bit lacking. The track goes more towards a melodic style, but I think with a good DnB-style production overhaul, it could shine a lot more. There are synth sounds that are pretty cool though, the progression on the 0:56 and 2:15 parts are not my thing but it has some nice sounds. I think these parts could benefit from a simplification on the progression, and a more "atmospheric" twist (read, longer sections with less lead and more silence/noises).

- Production: This is what "ruins" the track for me, because I can see the songwriting part is really cool, but this drags the track down in a genre that pretty much revolves around great sounds and detailed production. The drum section lacks hi hats and percussion to get the track "rolling", the kick and snare are a bit behind (low) for DnB, and an 808 style snare is not punchy enough for DnB in my taste. Also, there is no heavy bass - even if a DnB track is melodic, there is still a heavy (deeper) bass rolling behind the drums. This has all the melodic, lead and pad parts there, but again, no bass and the drums being a bit behind...

@functionform - Arrival: 12 points

- Style: Yep, it's there. Although the melodic parts are a bit slow because of the lack of drums, I did almost the same thing on these parts and I like it. Deep, dark track, nice! Love the pitched up tambourine loop, it rolls.

- Production: The basses are a bit too "brostep" for me, but it's cool, not gonna lie, I don't know how to synthesize good DnB basses so I cannot tell you much more than that. I can hear a very quiet drum break on the background, I would have brought it to the front because it would probably complement well the sequenced hi hats, giving the drums (that already walk well) a more rolling feeling.

► Show Spoiler
canese

Post by canese »

Ty for listeting and your feedback, guys. Here's mine:

J I L L I A M - "Ok Kill Me"

Nice groove. Kick is too deep burried in distortion I can't recognize it, but if that was what you were looking for it's okay. Now, the snare sounds awesome. The vibe it's there but maybe more high end to help the energy get to the top.

Doc Jon - "Gridlock"

It's an excellent track, all fits in their place but don't know if it fullfills the theme of racing for me. Melodies are great and remarkable. The percution is godly, good job. I love the sound effects but some synths seem a little dry on reverb or delay.

Jorgeelalto - "Afterburner"

Nothing much to say other than well done. The textures are greate for liquid DnB but I was hoping to hear something more synthetic in the drums and more SFXs to pump the chasing/racing theme. to Love the sound design for. Structure leads well the energy with interesting sections, but i was hoping to hear another drop at the end with that deep growlydistorted bass.

TrojakEW - "Not fast enough"

Very exciting track to hear, always delivering new stuff. I was hoping some drum pattern change somewhere and a bass drop also maybe could be added just at the end. Mixing is on point and nice choice of sounds.

becsei_gyorgy - "Midnight Run"

Structure is perfect, parts that led one to another nicely. Very interesting harmonies, they got me into the atmosphere of the theme, unfortunately melodies weren't too remarkable and they lacked a unified motif. Mix is okay, but drums are little bit quit and some synths are too high.

J.Ruegg - "HyperBoost"

This track is an adventure. The bass alone could be a song apart. Melodies are great! Simple but strong. I would buy a game if it has this music. MIxing and mastering is perfect, very well done.

Olli H - "Gatekeeper”

If you could only remove the part with that organ/e-piano it would be awsome. That part seems it doesn't fit with the others more agressive sounding. I like the drum programming but mixing could be improved by more distorted drums.

Double Tap "Amen, Brake"

More classic drum and bass than the other but can vibe a lot with it. Not sure if fits the monthly theme but I hear good harmonies and that alone makes it very appealing. SFX are great, they fit so well in the mix and they help drive the energy, especially in the bridge section.

Clueless "Insideout Upsidedown"

Very creative, a lot of things happens at the same time with little dynamics and sometimes it's hard to keep up the listen. Mix could be improved to get this track, hard to distinguish low end frecuencies and snare can hit harder also.

The Exponent "Hyperdrive"

This song is a masterpice. Melodies are very emotional, harmony is very moving. Doesn't fit unfortunatelly the monthly theme because, lack a little bit of aggresive sounds beside the bass of course. I just don't see me driving/racing with this.

Wishoff -"Ready Set Glow"

Good drums, they are the key of the song and they fill it with energy. I was hoping for another instrument to fill the space and deliver some message. Mixing is good, good dynamics and sound design.

functionform "Arrival"

Very chill. I dig a lot with this but I hear 2 different parts that don't colide well with each other and also it doesn't fit a lot with the montly theme but it's very good writen. I like the drums and sound design is awsome.

Vote:
► Show Spoiler
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC036 August 2020 - results in preparation

Post by Mister Fox »

It's the 04th September 2020, 13:15 (UTC+2/CEST) - the Voting Period has officially ended.

All participants have submitted some final feedback and cast their vote, we therefore have 0 disqualifications due to lack of participation.

I will post the results shortly (as in - within the next 72 hours), please have an eye on this thread.
(this is not an automated process)
wishoff

Re: SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC036 August 2020 - results in preparation

Post by wishoff »

Thanks a lot for all the feedback :) this is really fun both contributing a track and voting, not the last time!

I've listened to most feedback and made a revision, if you are interested check it out here: https://soundcloud.com/wishoff/wishoff- ... et-glow-v3
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC036 August 2020 - Winners announced

Post by Mister Fox »

Ladies and Gentlemen, here are the results of Songwriting Competition 36
:arrow: The winners podium consists of:
  1. @The Exponent (120 pts)
  2. @Jorgeelalto (118 pts)
  3. @J.Ruegg (109 pts)

Apologies for the waiting time, this is not an automated process. And private life took a bit over as well.

<4 participant rule is not in use (staff comments and votes)
We have 0 disqualifications
We have 0 votes after the deadline
We have 0 users that tied
  • <no ties>
"Sole (License) Winner" rule does not apply - 3-position Winners Podium

Here are the results as chart in image form:

Please note the following:
Participants that exceeded either -14LUFS and/or -1dBTP, did not get a bonus point. Those that didn't exceed -14LUFS ILk but actually went above -1dBTP, got pointed out additionally. Please have an eye on that in the future.

@J I L L I A M is listed as "Richard Watashi" from now on, as this is his known artist name. I've reached out several times via PM at this point with the offer to change the username to reflect this change. In the future, if your filename is not consistent with your forum username, you will loose out on bonus points. Additional to that, the voting was unclear. So I went by gut instinct that you've actually preferred Jorgeelalto's track more than wishoff's. Please try to prevent the confusion in the future

Thank you so much for your participation. :clap:

:arrow: License selection:

We'll now perform with the usual. Selecting licenses is handled in public. Please select one license/company out of the pool (in order of the winners podium) and mention it in this thread, then (important) please get in touch with me (via PM) with your full name, email address and your license selection.

As usual - you're not forced to pick up anything. You can pass and therefore offer more to select for the next person in line (if there is a spot existing / not available for "sole winner" mechanic). Just let all participants/winners/the staff know in a timely manner.

You've all did great for the new game mechanic seems to be taken well. I might post some final thoughts to the SWC036 entries in here, as I really enjoyed listening to your productions. But please don't quote me on that (I'm currently super busy). I am currently also fine tuning the Bonus Point game mechanic. The new ideas/concept will be addressed in the coming days in the "SWC Gossip Thread". And speaking of which...

Feedback about the "Songwriting Competition" is welcome (please do so here).

See you in in the next challenge!

Please help spread the word to get the Songwriting Competition to 15-20 participants on average. :help:
The Exponent

Post by The Exponent »

Well done everyone :clap: and huge hanks to Mister Fox for organizing this competition :tu:

Given that this production was done in about 5-6 hours, I'm quite ecstatic about the outcome. Thanks to all those who enjoyed my song :hug:

I'd like the Luftrum Lunaris as my prize please.
Jorgeelalto
Song Provider
Song Provider

Post by Jorgeelalto »

Hi! I didn't expect to make it to 2nd place, there were really great productions :) Congrats to The Exponent and J.Ruegg for their tunes.

Regarding the prize, I think I will go for a license of IK Multimedia Modo Bass.

Thanks a lot Mister Fox and all the participants of the challenge :D

Edit: I tuned the mix a bit, following your recommendations about turning down a bit the snare (too loud!), you were right. I mixed the drums again listening with my monitors turned down, and I had some problems with some hi hats too, redid the mix and now it sounds much better overall. Thanks again! I cannot wait to hear your submissions for SWC037, even though I might not be able to participate (let's see if I can get something rolling in two weeks). :grin:
Last edited by Jorgeelalto on Thu Sep 10, 2020 23:40 CEST, edited 1 time in total.
Doc Jon

Post by Doc Jon »

Well done to all the winners, some truly excellent tracks there! :tu:
J.Ruegg

Post by J.Ruegg »

:shock: , thank you all!
And also congratulations to Exponent & JorgeElAlto :clap: :clap: :clap: .

I wasn't really expecting to win :hyper: , it's very nice.
So, can I have Tone2 Saurus2?.

Let's see if I can pull a -14LUFS lofi thing for next month with saurus , see ya! :tu: