2024-MAR-01 Info: Check out Songwriting Competition 079 if you're into "Synthwave" music making.

SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC038 October 2020 - Winners announced

Thematic Songwriting Competition - recurrence: monthly
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC038 October 2020 - results in preparation

Post by Mister Fox »

It's the 02nd November 2020, 04:00 (UTC+1/CET) - the Voting Period has officially ended.

Sadly, not all participants have submitted some final feedback, we therefore have 2 disqualifications due to lack of participation (@Square and @TheNeverScene) - which is the only disqualification factor now. The "ice breakers" @EdThorne and @CamitoHatsune01 didn't show up anymore either - a pity, but oh well.

I will post the results shortly (as in - within the next 72 hours), please have an eye on this thread.
(this is not an automated process)
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC038 October 2020 - Winners announced

Post by Mister Fox »

Ladies and Gentlemen, here are the results of Songwriting Competition 38

:arrow: The winners podium consists of:
  1. @Doc Jon (98 pts)
  2. @TrojakEW (95 pts)
  3. @gruskada (90 pts)

Apologies for the waiting time, this is not an automated process. (although, compared to last month, I managed to get this out the door within mere hours)

<4 participant rule is not in use (staff comments and votes)
We have 2 disqualifications (due to lack of feedback, see overhauled game mechanics)
We have 0 votes after the deadline
We have 2 users that tied
  • Shea has 0x11pts, 2x10pts, 1x9pts -- becsey_gyorgy has 0x11pts, 1x10pts, 0x9pts -- Shea therefore scores higher
  • the ties could have been solved, if the participants in question would not have run their tracks too hot (LUFS and/or higher -1dBTP)
"Sole (License) Winner" rule does not apply - 3-position Winners Podium

Here are the results as chart in image form:

Please note the following:
We are in the middle of testing the overhauled "Voting Process" and Bonus Point Mechanic. It was interesting to see that even without getting the full 21 bonus points, that the score-board can still shift drastically, and that there is now an incentive to pay a tad more attention. I am curious how this will work out in the future. The only disqualifications I had to issue, were due to lack of final constructive feedback - not because there was a minor issue.

I've also read a lot of comments about the topic "song doesn't fit the theme". If I have some time the coming days, I will try to comment on the entries as well - including the ones that were already released outside of the time frame of Songwriting Competition 038. But I am also of the opinion that if there is a theme and in some cases even niche genre, try to get your material into this ballpark. This is why the final and hopefully objective feedback is so important.

Thank you so much for your participation. :clap:

:arrow: License selection:

We'll now perform with the usual. Selecting licenses is handled in public. Please select one license/company out of the pool (in order of the winners podium) and mention it in this thread, then (important) please get in touch with me (via PM) with your full name, email address and your license selection.

As usual - you're not forced to pick up anything. You can pass and therefore offer more to select for the next person in line (if there is a spot existing / not available for "sole winner" mechanic). Just let all participants/winners/the staff know in a timely manner. Once one company has been selected, it's out of the pool for the next person on the podium.

Feedback about the "Songwriting Competition" is welcome (please do so here).

See you in in the next challenge!

Please help spread the word to get the Songwriting Competition to 15-20 participants on average. :help:
We're already on a good track, but let us not stop talking about this game.
Doc Jon

Post by Doc Jon »

Wow, that was unexpected, thank you very much indeed :smile:
Thanks to everyone for such a great selection of tracks, and all your comments which were very valid and helpful

I will choose Luftrum Bioscape as my prize please :grin:

Jon
TrojakEW

Post by TrojakEW »

Congrats Doc Jon. :tu:

Too bad that TheNeverScene and Square do not post their feedback and were disqualified. Prize for me - well I would like to see some comments for our tracks from Mister Fox if he have a time, otherwise I'll pass.
gruskada

Post by gruskada »

TrojakEW wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 14:58 CET
Congrats Doc Jon. :tu:

Too bad that TheNeverScene and Square do not post their feedback and were disqualified. Prize for me - well I would like to see some comments for our tracks from Mister Fox if he have a time, otherwise I'll pass.
Are you saying that you're passing on your prize if Mister Fox doesn't give feedback? If so, how long are you going to wait?
TrojakEW

Post by TrojakEW »

gruskada wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 13:52 CET
Are you saying that you're passing on your prize if Mister Fox doesn't give feedback? If so, how long are you going to wait?
:lol: :lol: Noo. I mean no prize for me. I just ask if Mister Fox have time to post few words on our tracks that is all. It is your turn now. Sorry.
gruskada

Post by gruskada »

TrojakEW wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 17:36 CET
gruskada wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 13:52 CET
:lol: :lol: Noo. I mean no prize for me. I just ask if Mister Fox have time to post few words on our tracks that is all. It is your turn now. Sorry.
No worries, I just misunderstood.

I'll take the SynthMaster 1+2 Bundle. Thanks!