2024-MAR-01 Info: Check out Songwriting Competition 079 if you're into "Synthwave" music making.

SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC042 February 2021 - Winners announced

Thematic Songwriting Competition - recurrence: monthly
A Future in Noise

Re: SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC042 February 2021 - Winners announced

Post by A Future in Noise »

@SoundBeing Thanks for your very kind words! In fact the line you liked is: Mediocrity to adore and saviors by the door... :)
A Future in Noise

@MrFox & everybody else: Sorry for not being able to deliver feedback. Been to a hospital for some days. Hopefully March will be a more normal month again.
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mister Fox »

That is unfortunate to read, but I hope I can speak for everyone on the community by saying "I hope you're fine and doing well".

If you still have the time/energy, it would be nice if you could please provide feedback regardless, even outside of the competition.
Else, see you in the March Songwriting Competition.

:phones:
A Future in Noise

I'll see what I what I can do. Yes, I'm almost feeling well again :)
Blang

Re: SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC042 February 2021 - Voting until 01-MAR-2021 23:59 UTC+1/CET

Post by Blang »

gruskada wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 15:30 CET

Blang - Interplanetary Explanator
You're doing something tricky with the time sigs on the guitar riff at (odd time against 4/4 drums, maybe?).
@gruskada Yeah, you're right! I was dialing in my guitar sound and this riff came to be. It just happened to be in 7/4, while my drumloop was still 4/4. I think this kept it from sounding too complicated.
A Future in Noise

This competition is already over. I just copy and paste what I wrote before I had to take a break:

@BlangInterplanetary Explanator: The sound reminds me quite a lot of psychedelic music from the 60s/70s. I wouldn't describe the track as monotone. Enough variation. 0:43 a great 60s70s-singer makes his entrance. Fifty percent Lennon, fifty percent someone else (Blang, perhaps?) Good sounding ensemble. This was great.

@SoundBeingDon't Bail: It's a sheer joy listening to the sound itself, although I don't regard it being classical psychedelic. “Bail” - is it in the sense: not fulfilling a commitment? It's rather obvious you know how to handle an e-guitar (a real one, not a VST). And since you commented on my lyrics: It actually is: “Mediocrity to adore, and saviors by the door, one way ticket forever more, to desert you is to score.” Hope it makes sense, English isn't my native language.

@SheaLiving The Dream: I love the sound of your kick – wish I had a similar. I didn't listen very much to the words in the lyrics, but anyway your reciting was almost soothing. Maybe it was meant to? 3:43 I felt the amplitude/volume suddenly was raised. Maybe this jump (don't know if it's the right word) is a little to heavy.

Some of you competitors argued that I should have used a high pass filter. Possibly it had made my vocals sound better, but what I really would need is a brighter voice, or someone else to sing my songs.