2024-MAR-01 Info: Check out Songwriting Competition 079 if you're into "Synthwave" music making.

SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC043 March 2021 - Winners announced

Thematic Songwriting Competition - recurrence: monthly
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC043 March 2021 - results in preparation

Post by Mister Fox »

It's the 02nd April 2021, 05:50 (UTC+2/CEST) - the Voting Period has officially ended.

All participants have submitted some final feedback, we therefore have 0 disqualifications.

I will post the results within the next 24-48 hours, please have an eye on this thread.
(this is not an automated process)
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC043 March 2021 - Winners announced

Post by Mister Fox »

Ladies and Gentlemen, here are the results of Songwriting Competition 43

:arrow: The winners podium consists of:
  1. @canese (109 pts)
  2. @Blang (97 pts)
  3. @TrojakEW (95 pts)

Apologies for the waiting time, this is not an automated process.

<4 participant rule is not in use (staff comments and votes)
We have 0 disqualifications (due to lack of feedback, see overhauled game mechanics)
We have 0 withdrawn entries
We have 0 votes after the deadline
We have 0 users that tied
  • no ties
"Sole (License) Winner" rule does not apply - 3-position Winners Podium

:arrow: NEW - Statistics Sheet

Since I am creating quick statistics to see if there is a loss in bonus points due to loudness (LUFS) and maximum signal strength (dBTP) overshots, I decided to offer what @TrojakEW is usually doing in feedback posts. Under the following link, you can find similar statistics to what you can see with the Mix(ing) Challenge. With two main differences: there are no rules on bitrate/sampling rate (this is up to your digression) and there is no disqualification information.

This is for purely educational purposes, to see and understand where things might go a bit awry. For example, @canese's track is very low in terms of loudness. @SoundBeing has an overshot in terms of dBTP. And both @A Future In Noise and @VCA-089 have different signal readouts for additional provided file formats. I didn't remove bonus points for @VCA-089 - because the main submitted format was in WAV (SoundCloud). The 32bit report for MP3s is due to Wavelab "upping" the bitrate on analysis - MP3s are usually 16bit.

If you enjoy this piece of information, I can continue doing this for future Songwriting Competitions as well. Like I wrote, I create this Microsoft Excel/Open Office Calc sheet regardless. It is just not as nicely arranged.

STATISTICS SHEET:
Overview of Submissions (PDF - updated: 03-APR-2021, full sheet)

Here are the results as chart in image form:

Thank you so much for your participation. :clap:

:arrow: License selection:

We'll now perform with the usual. Selecting licenses is handled in public. Please select one license/company out of the pool (in order of the winners podium) and mention it in this thread, then (important) please get in touch with me (via PM) with your full name, email address and your license selection.

As usual - you're not forced to pick up anything. You can pass and therefore offer more to select for the next person in line (if there is a spot existing / not available for "sole winner" mechanic). Just let all participants/winners/the staff know in a timely manner. Once one company has been selected, it's out of the pool for the next person on the podium.

Feedback about the "Songwriting Competition" is welcome (please do so here).

See you in in the next challenge!

Songwriting Competition 044 (April 2021) is still in full swing.
Please help spread the word to get the Songwriting Competition to 15-20 participants on average during 2021. :help:
TrojakEW

Post by TrojakEW »

Congratulation to canese and Blang.

I would like to ask Mister Fox for a favor. If you can do really quick listen to my track and compare it to my 2nd remastered version. I would like to know if it is better or not. No need for deep analysis just your opinion.

Thank you.
EsteveCorbera

Post by EsteveCorbera »

ei !! many thanks to all for your comments and congratulations to the winners. see you at the next one
canese

Post by canese »

Thank you guys! It was great sharing our songs together. I'm very proud of the talent we have here. Keep up the good songwriting :phones:

I've mastered again the song with SoundCloud Dolby Master. If you want to hear it again a little bit louder: https://soundcloud.com/nicolascanese/morning-decay

For the prize I'll take the Tone2, please.
Blang

Post by Blang »

I wish you all a blooming spring and inspiring chaos for the next swc!

I would like the Luftrum Bioscape as my prize.