2024-MAR-01 Info: Check out Songwriting Competition 079 if you're into "Synthwave" music making.

SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC048 August 2021 - Winners announced

Thematic Songwriting Competition - recurrence: monthly
TrojakEW

Re: SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC048 August 2021 - Winners announced

Post by TrojakEW »

Thank you all again for comments, critics and suggestion. :tu: This was really close. Too bad we have only 1-position winner in this round because of lack of participants. Hope next round will be better in this regard. For the prize I will try Bioscape. Hope it will not be CPU hog like Lunaris. Lunaris sounds nice but it is almost unusable for me with that high CPU usage.
becsei_gyorgy wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 08:22 CEST
Since I was paying attention to it, I don’t know what’s going on with dbtP, it was all within the limit by my own measurements (Reaper Loudness, Youlean).
I understand that wavelab measures differently, but i can only rely on my own tools (which are also from reputable companies). :shrug:
I will set threshold for peak limiting to -1,1 instead of -1 and it should be enough based on numbers from statistic from Mister Fox in round 47.

Code: Select all

TOOL                     LUFS ILk           dB True Peak            Type

Orban Loudness Meter     -14,4 LUFS         -1,0 dBFS               ITU-R BS.1770-2
Wavelab 10               -14,4 LUFS         -1,01 / -0,978          EBU R128 (S1 ready)
Youlean LM2 Pro          -14,4 LUFS         -1,0 dBTP (red!)        EBU R128 S1
iZotope RX7              -14,4 LUFS         -1,01 / -1,01           ITU-R BS.1770-4
NUGEN Audio VisLM        -14,4 LUFS         -1,0 dBTP (non-red)     EBU R128
As you can see difference is small and going for -1.1 should make it safe. Since you use Ozone 9 so you can do the same.

@Mister Fox thank you for additional comments on tracks. This is really helpful. Hope to see some comments like this more often.
EsteveCorbera

Post by EsteveCorbera »

Thanks for the comments from everyone, including Mister Fox.
Sure, I used a previous version of Reason 12, but I still didn’t have the new Combinator. :tu:
Congratulations to the winners.
See you soon :sing:
Rowan

Post by Rowan »

Thanks everyone for the feedback! I had a lot of fun with this contest, and resulted in something to be proud of. Hope to see you in future competitions again!