2024-MAR-01 Info: Check out Songwriting Competition 079 if you're into "Synthwave" music making.

SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC050 October 2021 - Winners announced

Thematic Songwriting Competition - recurrence: monthly
celiodie

Re: SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC050 October 2021 - Voting until 01-NOV-2021 23:59 UTC+1/CET

Post by celiodie »

I hope and suppose not to influence any evaluation by submitting a bonus video with my song Autumn… After all… seems to me that nobody else has to vote yet.

phpBB [media]
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC050 October 2021 - results in preparation

Post by Mister Fox »

It's the 02nd November 2021, 05:25 (UTC+1/CET) - the Voting Period has officially ended.

Sadly, not all participants have submitted some final feedback, we therefore have 1 disqualification. (@Zavier Night).

However, we have bonus feedback by @A Future in Noise, thank you about that.
I've also updated the global entries post with @celiodie's video.

I will post the results within the next 2-3 days and take "late feedback" into consideration.
(this is not an automated process)

Please have an eye on this thread :educate:
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC050 October 2021 - Winners announced

Post by Mister Fox »

Ladies and Gentlemen, here are the results of Songwriting Competition 50

:arrow: The winners podium consists of:
  1. @becsei_gyorgy (72 pts) -- Sole Winner
  2. @celiodie (68 pts)
  3. @Arelem (59 pts)

Apologies for the waiting time, this is not an automated process.

<4 participant rule is not in use (staff comments and votes, my vote would count as bonus)
We have 1 disqualification (due to lack of feedback)
We have 0 withdrawn entries
We have 0 votes after the deadline - therefore no -5 points penalty
We have 0 users that tied
  • <no tied entries>
"Sole (License) Winner" rule does apply - 1-position Winners Podium (=< 8 participants prior to the deadline)

STATISTICS SHEET:
Overview of Submissions (PDF - updated: 03-NOV-2021, full sheet)

! Bonus Info
Short info:
I am using Wavelab 10 for batch analysis, then I manually port the CSV export to a Microsoft Excel/Open Office Calc sheet with custom layout (this is not an automated process).

As pointed out in this post from SWC047 / July, Wavelab has different tolerances for dBTP max analysis compared to tools like iZotope RX, Youlean Loudness Meter, NUGEN Audio VisLM, etc. To find a common ground, I've implemented "allowed tolerances" (just like with the Mix Challenge). These are based upon allowed offsets mentioned in the white papers for EBU R128 and ITU-R BS.1770-4.

Since Statistic Sheets are here to stay (for both the Mix Challenge and Songwriting Competition), I will follow up this topic with an official Rule Addendum post sometime during Q4 2021 (see Rule Book section). If possible, always stay below the tolerances.

As usual, I did list/analyze alternative releases (MP3s and FLAC). If you've submitted your entry in multiple file formats, the statistic sheet will focus on the uncompressed material first (WAV), then FLAC, then MP3. The higher the quality, the less possible loss on bonus points for "Loudness Specs" due to offsets introduced by a used CODEC. In this case, FLAC and MP3 are merely for information purposes.

Here are the results as chart in image form:

Thank you so much for your participation. :clap:

:arrow: License selection:

We'll now perform with the usual. Selecting licenses is handled in public. Please select one license/company out of the pool (in order of the winners podium) and mention it in this thread, then (important) please get in touch with me (via PM) with your full name, email address and your license selection.

As usual - you're not forced to pick up anything. You can pass and therefore offer more to select for the next person in line (if there is a spot existing / not available for "sole winner" mechanic). Just let all participants/winners/the staff know in a timely manner. Once one company has been selected, it's out of the pool for the next person on the podium.

Feedback about the "Songwriting Competition" is welcome (please do so here).

See you in in the next challenge!

Songwriting Competition 051 (November 2021) is still in full swing.
Please help spread the word! :help:

:arrow: Footnote:
I might follow up with a separate post, as the overall idea to "keep things upbeat / celebratory" sadly wasn't taken into consideration a lot this month. However, as mentioned in SWC049, my time is quite limited as of late. Therefore no definite promises - just wanted to quickly point out to maybe take a closer look at the premise with each month's game. SWC051 / November 2021 is fairly lenient, this might be different again with SWC052 / December 2021.
becsei_gyorgy

Re: SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC050 October 2021 - Winners announced

Post by becsei_gyorgy »

Hi, thanks for your feedbacks.

I don't choose a license, I pass.

⚠ Moderation Message from Mister Fox  
The feedback/criticism towards the overall game has been moved to, and answered in the SWC - General Gossip thread.
EsteveCorbera

Post by EsteveCorbera »

Congratulations to the winners!! :tu:
Thanks for the feedback.
I have to say I had more fun making the song than reading the reviews. But you are right when you say that things are not at the same tempo. I re-reviewed the song and you made me realize my mistakes. :bang:
Thanks. I learn more every day.
See you at the rock party !!!
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mister Fox »

As somebody that has a copy of Air Music tech "Transfuser 2" myself, let's just say this VSTi is not as intuitive as StylusRMX... and it could definitely see a UI resizer function. But I think this will sadly ever happen.
EsteveCorbera

Post by EsteveCorbera »

Wow, they saw the price of StylusRMX, I definitely stick with the Transfuser2.
You’re right, I don’t think they will ever update this plugin.
But in his favor I mean I have a lot of fun.
The theme of the next challenge I also use ;)
Thanks