2024-MAR-01 Info: Check out Songwriting Competition 079 if you're into "Synthwave" music making.

SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC060 August 2022 - Winners announced

Thematic Songwriting Competition - recurrence: monthly
Arelem

Re: SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC060 August 2022 - results in preparation

Post by Arelem »

Mister Fox wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:18 CEST
First and foremost, please let me once more apologize for the delays. Due to time management and health, things sadly got massively delayed.

However, considering that this always results in massive delays on my end, I will probably not comment any further until the next "Video Game Soundtrack" related Songwriting Competition, or unless there is a tie that can't be broken.
Honestly, I don't mind it taking a little longer personally and I'm always happy to get some additional feedback/a different perspective. If you're too busy it's not a big deal but the delay doesn't bother me personally.

As for my feedback, I do mix almost entirely on headphones. I don't have my own space to be listening on speakers. I do try to get a listen or two, but then it's back to the cans. For the vocals, it's a little less about trying to achieve an effect and more that I don't like my voice. I am trying to have more confidence in it and let it stand on it's own (I mean not completely dry that would be crazy). I'm warming up to it little by little. It's hard to get out of my head about it.
Arelem

Re: SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC060 August 2022 - Winners announced

Post by Arelem »

Congrats to Olli H and everyone really. As Mister Fox said, it was difficult to judge because of so many great entries. In just the time I've been doing these, it gets harder every month. The judging was bit all over the place this month, some top songs were other people's bottom, and vise versa. I think that speaks to both the subjectiveness of music but also the quality of the entries. They were all good in their own right.
VCA-089

Post by VCA-089 »

Congrats to @Olli H and @A Future In Noise ft. @alavault! See you in the next games...
GamaGama

Post by GamaGama »

Many congratulations to Holli_H and to all the other participants for their interesting compositions.
Thanks to everyone for your evaluations and advice on my work: sometimes they are discordant with each other, but it is natural, since each of us (fortunately!) has a different head :smile:
GamaGama
becsei_gyorgy

Post by becsei_gyorgy »

Congratulations to the podium finishers and to everyone who participated in this month's competition.
Keep up the good work.
EsteveCorbera

Re: SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC060 August 2022 - results in preparation

Post by EsteveCorbera »

Congratulations to the winners!!
Mister Fox wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:18 CEST

Esteve Corbera - Les Gotesd Aigua

(...) One way or the other, looks like the Songwriting Competition really helps you with your production techniques.
(...)
Yes, it is thanks to this contest that I am learning about it and thanks to your comments. Every month I make an effort to do something new where I apply a technique I haven't used before.
I also learn from listening to my colleagues' topics and looking at them from a more critical point of view.

Thank you very much colleagues and Mr. Fox!!

Until the next challenge