2024-MAR-01 Info: Check out Songwriting Competition 079 if you're into "Synthwave" music making.

SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC061 September 2022 - Winners announced

Thematic Songwriting Competition - recurrence: monthly
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC061 September 2022 - results in preparation

Post by Mister Fox »

It's the 02nd October 2022, 02:15 (UTC+2/CEST) - the Voting Period has officially ended.

Sadly, not all participants have submitted final feedback, we would therefore have 1 disqualification.

I will send out another newsletter/message to those particular participants (@Arelem), give you until the end of Sunday, 02-OCT-2022 as per the rule book on the voting process ("overtime mechanic"). If there is a feedback and a vote by the participant in question, only -5 points will be deducted from the scoresheet. Else, sadly a disqualification.

Once I have this feedback as well, I will post the results within 2-3 days and take "late feedback" into consideration.
(this is not an automated process)

To all others, please don't change your votes anymore, thank you.

Please have an eye on this thread :educate:
A Future in Noise

Re: SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC061 September 2022 - results in preparation

Post by A Future in Noise »

Error post can be ignored or deleted.
Arelem

Re: SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC061 September 2022 - results in preparation

Post by Arelem »

Mister Fox wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 02:22 CEST
It's the 02nd October 2022, 02:15 (UTC+2/CEST) - the Voting Period has officially ended.

Sadly, not all participants have submitted final feedback, we would therefore have 1 disqualification.
I'm terribly sorry but I haven't had the time to give everyone a proper listen in order to provide feedback. I won't go into detail but things have been very chaotic at my house. My apologies to everyone. Don't let me hold up the competition, I will have to accept the DQ this time around.

-Arelem
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mister Fox »

Alright, thank you for the information, @Arelem

Oh and @A Future in Noise -- I read what you wrote. There was no rule violation or a reminder needed. The user in question did participate bar minimum with voting. There is now written feedback as well. Everything else is handled through the Bonus Point mechanic.

Please have an eye on this thread.
I will try to post results within the next 48 hours.
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mister Fox »

A short update:
The results will arrive later tonight - apologies for the waiting time once more. There has been a lot going on behind the scenes, including preparing a blog post regarding an overhaul of certain game mechanics of the Songwriting Competition.

See you in a couple of hours.
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC061 September 2022 - Winners announced

Post by Mister Fox »

Ladies and Gentlemen, here are the results of Songwriting Competition 61

:arrow: The winners podium consists of:
  1. @KukoBass
  2. @Olli H
  3. @nanocats

Apologies for the waiting time, this is not an automated process.

<4 participant rule is not in use (staff comments and votes, my vote would count as bonus)
We have 0 disqualification (due to lack of feedback)
We have 0 withdrawn entries
We have 0 votes after the deadline - therefore -5 points penalty
We have 0 users that tied
  • no (more) users that tied
"Sole (License) Winner" rule does not apply - 3-position Winners Podium (>= 9 participants prior to the deadline)

STATISTICS SHEET:
Overview of Submissions (PDF - updated: 09-OCT-2022, full sheet)

! Bonus Info
Short info:
I am using Wavelab 10 for batch analysis, then I manually port the CSV export to a Microsoft Excel/Open Office Calc sheet with custom layout (this is not an automated process).

As pointed out in this post from SWC047 / July, Wavelab has different tolerances for dBTP max analysis compared to tools like iZotope RX, Youlean Loudness Meter, NUGEN Audio VisLM, etc. To find a common ground, I've implemented "allowed tolerances" (just like with the Mix Challenge). These are based upon allowed offsets mentioned in the white papers for EBU R128 and ITU-R BS.1770-4. Since no measurement tool is the same, to be on the save side, please export at -14,1 LUFS ILk max, and -1,1 dBTP max.

As usual, I did list/analyze alternative releases (MP3s and FLAC). If you've submitted your entry in multiple file formats, the statistic sheet will focus on the uncompressed material first (WAV), then FLAC, then MP3. The higher the quality, the less possible loss on bonus points for "Loudness Specs" due to offsets introduced by a used CODEC. In this case, FLAC and MP3 are merely for information purposes.

Here are the results as chart in image form:

Thank you so much for your participation. :clap:

:arrow: License selection:

We'll now perform with the usual. Selecting licenses is handled in public. Please select one license/company out of the pool (in order of the winners podium) and mention it in this thread, then (important) please get in touch with me (via PM) with your full name, email address and your license selection.

As usual - you're not forced to pick up anything. You can pass and therefore offer more to select for the next person in line (if there is a spot existing / not available for "sole winner" mechanic). Just let all participants/winners/the staff know in a timely manner (within 5 days). Once one company has been selected, it's out of the pool for the next person on the podium.

I re-open the field for talking some more about each others' productions. If things drift a bit too off-topic, please use the General Gossip thread, or Discord.

See you in in the next challenge!

Songwriting Competition 062 (October 2022) is still in full swing. There is currently no entry still.
Please help spread the word! :help:

There is also a new blog post in the News and Announcements section, talking about a change in the "Voting Process" game mechanic for the Songwriting Competition. Please take a closer look, as I would love to implement this with SWC062 / October already. Thank you.
KukoBass
Backer
Backer

Re: SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC061 September 2022 - Winners announced

Post by KukoBass »

Wow! I did not expect the song to appeal so much to so many people, especially because it was a very personal work for me, and because there were so many good entries that would have deserved to win. Thank you all so much! :hail:

Congrats to @Olli H and @nanocats.
And congrats to everyone who got over themselves to enter this contest for the first time. I hope to meet you all again in the next contests.

I'd like IK Multimedia's Modo Bass 2 please.
Olli H

Post by Olli H »

Congrats to @KukoBass and @nanocats.
KukoBass wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 18:17 CEST
Wow! I did not expect the song to appeal so much to so many people, especially because it was a very personal work for me,
Someone somewhere has said something like this: "the more personal the music, the wider the audience". If music is very personal in the sense that your deeper levels are involved in that process, then — I guess — it has more potential to affect also listener's deeper levels. So, now you have showed that you have a skill to make music that is meaningful to your self. If fore mentioned is true, that means you have a skill to make music that is meaningful to others. Don't stop now!

I'll take Cherry Audio's "Year Two Collection"
EsteveCorbera

Post by EsteveCorbera »

Congrats to the winners!!!
EsteveCorbera

Post by EsteveCorbera »

Hello,
@nanocats has de demanar per aquí la llicència del teu premi!!! :smile:

@nanocats you must request the license of your award here!!!

@Mister Fox,
If the @nanocats don't claim their prize, can I claim one? (I am the fourth...)