2024-MAR-01 Info: Check out Songwriting Competition 079 if you're into "Synthwave" music making.

SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC067 March 2023 - Winners announced

Thematic Songwriting Competition - recurrence: monthly
Jorgeelalto
Song Provider
Song Provider

Re: SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC067 March 2023 - Voting until 01-APR-2023 23:59 UTC+2/CEST

Post by Jorgeelalto »

A Future in Noise wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:49 CEST
Ranking
► Show Spoiler
My experience this month - what I've learned - is to never use a mobile telephone again.

Feedback (not too extensive) will hopefully follow in a few hours.

Feedback; handwritten: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-p7Nhg ... p=drivesdk
Hi, apparently I have to request access to check the feedback. Can you set it so everyone can see it? :grin:
A Future in Noise

Re: SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC067 March 2023 - Voting until 01-APR-2023 23:59 UTC+2/CEST

Post by A Future in Noise »

Jorgeelalto wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 15:00 CEST
A Future in Noise wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:49 CEST
Ranking
► Show Spoiler
My experience this month - what I've learned - is to never use a mobile telephone again.

Feedback (not too extensive) will hopefully follow in a few hours.

Feedback; handwritten: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-p7Nhg ... p=drivesdk
Hi, apparently I have to request access to check the feedback. Can you set it so everyone can see it? :grin:
Hi, I don't think I can do it from my phone. But anyway I did not mention you in the feedback sektion, it isn't required to mention the same five guys again, as the five ranked ones.
A Future in Noise

I would have thought, though, that anyone who is logged in to his Google account can see the dokument?
A Future in Noise

How about this link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-p7Nhg ... p=drivesdk

This is definately my last attempt with this weird invention (smartphone). It's consuming so much time that I hardly managed to write any feedback at all :curse:
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC067 March 2023 - results in preparation

Post by Mister Fox »

KukoBass wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 13:02 CEST
But if canese gets disqualified after the late voting timeline just because they are not back in time, the 3 points I'd given them just get lost for the other participants? :sad:
That's how the game goes. You can not know beforehand, who will participate in the feedback period and who doesn't. You give feedback and cast a vote based upon the given rule set. If a user decides to drop out, then the lower participants just move up. This is why I also asked participants to not change their vote anymore, since the deadline has been reached.

A Future in Noise wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 15:37 CEST
I would have thought, though, that anyone who is logged in to his Google account can see the dokument?
The feedback is a bit sparse, but I can access it now on both a mobile device, and on the big rig. Wasn't the case until the last time you posted.

But we can work with that, if writing it out in textform is not an option right now (I'm making an exception here)
KukoBass
Backer
Backer

Re: SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC067 March 2023 - results in preparation

Post by KukoBass »

Mister Fox wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 16:55 CEST
That's how the game goes. You can not know beforehand, who will participate in the feedback period and who doesn't. You give feedback and cast a vote based upon the given rule set. If a user decides to drop out, then the lower participants just move up. This is why I also asked participants to not change their vote anymore, since the deadline has been reached.
Well, OK. I would not want to change my vote based on eventualities, but I feel this is a disadvantage compared to the old voting system: No points for those who didn't make it into the TOP 5, no matter how close they were to making it. :hmmm:
madmax

Post by madmax »

@aFutureInNoise wrote:
What is the female warrior dreaming about? What has the water go to do with her weapon

I don't know, I haven't seen her.
No weapon, just peace and love.
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mister Fox »

KukoBass wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 18:01 CEST
Well, OK. I would not want to change my vote based on eventualities, but I feel this is a disadvantage compared to the old voting system: No points for those who didn't make it into the TOP 5, no matter how close they were to making it. :hmmm:
I don't see a disadvantage. Currently, the points are fairly well populated. Being low on the chart can always happen.

Not only that, keep in mind that by submitting something in the first place, you already "won" (hence me being disappointed by "removed" entries this month rather than keeping the entry online, and be listed as "withdrawn"). Some people just join to "write music". The vote/score chart mechanic is for having the chance to acquire some bonus licenses. Your entry is being showcased one way or the other.
canese

Post by canese »

I'm sorry for being late and also for not providing much documentation. I was just not in the mood, I guess. It's been just meh days with a lot of work and not much music. I want to participate every month; for me, it's the perfect excuse for making music. The only thing is: that I have other things in mind as well, and I'm bad at saying no to those. I'm always learning and I'm very grateful for the opportunity to share my art with you.

Here's my feedback, I tried to point out the things that my ear heard the first impression.
► Show Spoiler
Vote:
► Show Spoiler
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC067 March 2023 - results in preparation

Post by Mister Fox »

It's the 03th April 2023, 04:25 (UTC+2/CEST) - the Voting Period extension has officially ended.

Now everyone has sent in feedback and cast a vote, we therefore have no disqualification.
(and yes, even though @canese was 7 minutes over, I'll... consider this a server glitch this month).

Please no more changes to your feedback from this point forward.
I will post the results within 2-3 days. (this is not an automated process)

Please have an eye on this thread :educate: