2024-MAR-01 Info: Check out Songwriting Competition 079 if you're into "Synthwave" music making.

SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC067 March 2023 - Winners announced

Thematic Songwriting Competition - recurrence: monthly
OrpheusXL

Re: SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC067 March 2023 - Submissions until 24-03-2023 23:59 UTC+1/CET

Post by OrpheusXL »

JeroenZuiderwijk wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:43 CET
OrpheusXL wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 02:31 CET
Finally I think I made it to get the correct loudness settings.

In addition I did some minor changes and could remove a disturbing background sound.
Reuploaded to soundcloud. Sounds much cleaner now.

https://soundcloud.com/orpheusxl/the-da ... al_sharing
sounds good! this version swings :-)
Thanks!
I'm also quite happy with the outcome.
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC067 March 2023 - Submissions until 24-03-2023 23:59 UTC+1/CET

Post by Mister Fox »

chaseracer wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 04:27 CET
fyi, i don't wish to make the track public, so i withdrew
A pity that you did this move. I liked what I heard, however as host I also have to uphold the rules.

You did get feedback to your entry, you sadly didn't give feedback to others as well. Now you pulled your production because you don't want to "make that public". For your interest, this is not the concept of this game and/or how our community works. The Songwriting Competition is about making music, step out of your comfort zone to present yourself, try something new in the process, and learning how to interact (give/receive constructive feedback).

If you rather only want general feedback, there are other means (like Discord). However, you withdrawing your entry, sours the game for others a bit due to the "tiered participation" mechanics.

With that said -- a friendly reminder:
Including today, 3 more days left for your entries. Please keep your posts maintained, everyone.
OrpheusXL

Re: SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC067 March 2023 - Submissions until 24-03-2023 23:59 UTC+1/CET

Post by OrpheusXL »

Mister Fox wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 14:04 CET
chaseracer wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 04:27 CET
fyi, i don't wish to make the track public, so i withdrew
A pity that you did this move. I liked what I heard, however as host I also have to uphold the rules.

You did get feedback to your entry, you sadly didn't give feedback to others as well. Now you pulled your production because you don't want to "make that public". For your interest, this is not the concept of this game and/or how our community works. The Songwriting Competition is about making music, step out of your comfort zone to present yourself, try something new in the process, and learning how to interact (give/receive constructive feedback).

If you rather only want general feedback, there are other means (like Discord). However, you withdrawing your entry, sours the game for others a bit due to the "tiered participation" mechanics.

With that said -- a friendly reminder:
Including today, 3 more days left for your entries. Please keep your posts maintained, everyone.
Isn't it possible to upload at dropbox or other services and post the link just here to keep it as privat as possible?
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC067 March 2023 - Submissions until 24-03-2023 23:59 UTC+1/CET

Post by Mister Fox »

Using something like Dropbox, Google Drive or similar with "access request" would result in you being at a disadvantage (or even disqualified in case of the Mix Challenge). The thing is, I still collect all entries at the end of the game, and actually spread the word for you on both Social Media and Discord. So you technically get free promotion on top of that.

The point here is easy access for everyone, and interaction with the final feedback mechanic.

Having the chance to win something is a bonus incentive. But this only works if we have a certain amount of participation/interaction. You can just join for "mere feedback" and at the end still say "thank you, I'm good". But removing your entry because "I don't want it to be public", especially towards the end of the game and after getting feedback, is not fair towards all other participants.
juhu

Post by juhu »

Hi,

1) Enjoy my track: “Mirror Image” :phones:
http://tinkerstate.com/mix-challenge/SW ... rImage.wav

2) DAW screenshots: :shock:
http://tinkerstate.com/mix-challenge/SW ... RIPTER.png
http://tinkerstate.com/mix-challenge/SW ... GEMENT.png
http://tinkerstate.com/mix-challenge/SW ... _MIXER.png

3) Documentation: :educate:
► Show Spoiler
EsteveCorbera

Post by EsteveCorbera »

Good night,

I have updated my theme.
You can find it in the original post

Esteve
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mister Fox »

A friendly reminder:
We're in the final 24 hours to submit your production.

Please get your production ready and submitted (through the forum) today. :phones:

And to make it easier for me to create the collection post, please update your initial post with the appropriate links (final version), or explicitly mark your entry as "final entry". Thank you.
OrpheusXL

Post by OrpheusXL »

Mister Fox wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 03:10 CET
A friendly reminder:

Please get your production ready and submitted (through the forum) today. :phones:

And to make it easier for me to create the collection post, please update your initial post with the appropriate links (final version), or explicitly mark your entry as "final entry". Thank you.
Just to confirm my final version:
madmax

Post by madmax »

OrpheusXL wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 05:17 CET
Mister Fox wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 03:10 CET
A friendly reminder:

Just to confirm my final version:
my final version
https://soundcloud.com/madmax-473626045 ... al_sharing
Jorgeelalto
Song Provider
Song Provider

Post by Jorgeelalto »

Hi! Long time no see everybody :)

I really wanted to participate this time because I needed to make a tune (and this would create the pressure I needed) and I've been curious about music theory helpers for quite some time.

I made a DnB tune (not fully finished but the spirit/idea is there -- got started with this 3 days ago...), and after trying Scaler (too much) and Laras (nothing bad per se, just not fully convinced) I decided to give ChatGPT a go. It's truly the perfect idea machine as you can see in these screenshots: Imgur album. The ability to use natural language to communicate with it is really good if you are not sure what exactly you are looking for in musical terms.

This is the track: OneDrive

Now for the documentation:
► Show Spoiler
PS: Thanks a lot @juhu for the inspiration with the post structure :hail: