2024-MAR-01 Info: Check out Songwriting Competition 079 if you're into "Synthwave" music making.

Free Tools, Samples and deals (collection thread)

Fancy discussing equipment? Doesn't matter if hardware, software, instruments, effects, mobile apps or hosts. Talk shop with your fellow forum members about studio tools
OctopusOnFire

Free Tools, Samples and deals (collection thread)

Post by OctopusOnFire »

I wasn't sure where to post this, so I'll put it here.

I just learnt that Eventide is giving away their EQ until october 31, when it will be 99$. Can't say much about it, didn't even read the description, but I know Eventide makes good stuff and everyone loves a freebie.

It seems this EQ has some kind of twist, anyway, check it out for yourself!

https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/ ... equivocate

(Quick Edit to paste the main features)

Features

- Simple yet musical, the 26 linear phase auditory filters are shaped to approximate the critical band filters in your ear.
- Match EQ feature matches the tone of one track to another. Blend two tracks to sound like they came from the same source, complement each other for better separation, or make a final master have a similar tone to a reference track!
- Click and swipe your mouse across the gain slider field to draw an EQ curve. Then toggle Draw Curve off to fine tune.
- Use the output level Auto button to automatically compensate for level changes introduced by the EQ.
- Solo the output of one or more bands to easily find problem frequencies.
- Add or remove filters to customize your sound.

Enjoy, Cheers!

Simon
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Free Eventide EQ until October 31 (2017)!

Post by Mister Fox »

I think it's time, to open up the forum a bit "more" at this point.
Moved the thread over to the new "Gear Talk" section.

It is important to note, that this freebie needs an iLok account (soft-iLok is enough), which might scare off the one or another user. I also tried to reach out to Eventide (as Eventide user myself) to get to know if the EQ will land in our accounts or not (unlike UltraChannel). So far no answer.

Either way - nice free-for-a-limited-time deal by Eventide once more.
fogle622

iZotope Ozone Imager - Free -

Post by fogle622 »

Ozone Imager is a FREE stereo imaging plug-in for your DAW. Ozone Imager can narrow or widen your stereo image with simple controls, stunning visuals, and incredible sound.

Ozone Imager Webpage
Jim Fogle - fogle622 on the web
Cakewalk by Bandlab - Audacity
Band-in-a-Box & RealBand
All my effects are stock or free.

i3 Dell laptop, 64bit Win 10, 8 GB ram, 480GB SSD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
OctopusOnFire

Re: iZotope Ozone Imager - Free -

Post by OctopusOnFire »

Got it, thanks for the heads up!
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Free Tools, Samples and deals (collection thread)

Post by Mister Fox »

Another freebie for you. You might have seen this if you frequently visit "Bedroom Producers Blog" or follow their social media accounts:

Bedroom Producers Blog - Black Friday 2017 Sample Collection

You need to insert a valid mail address in order to get the download links. The download is about 6,7GB for the RAR file and 7,9GB for the ZIP file. Extracted it's about 9,5GB on your HDD. The server is fast (I can get 6MB/s on 50MBit DSL)

Offer is available until around Christmas 2017. No definite end-date given. So hurry up.

[warning=Mister Fox]I combined the threads into one global one[/warning]
Jorgeelalto
Song Provider
Song Provider

Post by Jorgeelalto »

Hey, there is pretty useful stuff on that pack! Mostly for electronic music and so but there may be other kind of material too.
Jorgeelalto
Song Provider
Song Provider

Post by Jorgeelalto »

Free Transient+ transient shaper from Audio Assault! Usually costs 10$ which is not much honestly, it needs the billing options like if you were buying it (so no direct download), but it may be worth it.

Link

I'd also like to mention the transient shaper I've been using lately, it's completely free: Sonic Anomaly Transpire Pretty good transient tool : D
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mister Fox »

:arrow: UK based online distributor "Time + Space" is doing a "12 days of Christmas" deal as part of an Advent Calendar. It started on the 11th December, and will end on 22nd December.

You can find the daily deals here

The first deal is Ian Boddy Beatalogue, a single sample and loop package of "filtered, mangled and messed up electronic drums". If you've enjoyed the glitchy sounds of the DOOM (2016) OST by Mick Gordon (who actually worked on "Juggernaut" by Impact Soundworks), this might be right up your alley.

You do need an account at Time + Space however, since you "purchase" the sample set. You can find the download link in your user account, then among the order you're placed (in the middle of the receipt). The download is about 502MB.

:arrow: Speaking of Impact Soundworks:
They just started a Sister Company, founded and run by ISW member Dickie Chapin. Red Room Audio will focus on orchestral and cinematic instruments. They currently offer one free sample set called "Snaps Claps Slaps Stomps & Shouts". However, the server is completely overrun for the time being.

You can find more about Red Room Audio here

:arrow: BONUS TIP:
You if you like "Snaps, Claps Slaps Stomps & Shouts", you should maybe also check out:
99 Sounds - Hands Make Sounds (freeware)
Ryhtmic Robot Audio Snaps 'n Claps Pro or Snaps 'n Claps (I do recommend to also pick up Busker in the process)
Jorgeelalto
Song Provider
Song Provider

Post by Jorgeelalto »

Hi guys!

Not strictly audio related but I thought it overlaps with our work more or less and I know there will be people here that will appreciate it:

Humble Bundle sells a bundle for 20$ with Magix Vegas Pro 14 edit version, some VST plugins from Magix and other stuff. Pretty interesting package for us, although the Edit version of the program does not support "Filters and special effects" (I still have to check what do they mean with it), it will work for most use cases where we just want to edit a recorded screen or video from a camera, split and join, put transitions and stuff.

Link here

PD: Mister Fox, I recall you saying that video editors were not cheap and it would be an extra expense for you for doing tutorial videos! Now you have one excuse less! :grin:
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mister Fox »

Jorgeelalto wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 15:33 CET
PD: Mister Fox, I recall you saying that video editors were not cheap and it would be an extra expense for you for doing tutorial videos! Now you have one excuse less! :grin:
I am fully aware of this deal. To me,it would be a jump from Magix Video Deluxe (German name)/Movie Edit (English name) that I got around the turn of last year. I still have severe time constraints though.