2024-MAR-01 Info: Check out Songwriting Competition 079 if you're into "Synthwave" music making.

Superbooth 2022 - BeSOOPER - 12th to 14th May 2022

News and Announcements resolving around the Mix Challenge community
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mister Fox »

Ladies and Gentlemen,

"Superbooth" is in high gear for the year 2022.

The "Superbooth" is a Synthesizer Trade Show/Exhibition which is open for everyone that is only slightly interested in synthesizers. You have the chance to get hands-on with presented equipment, you can talk shop, you can join workshops, you can do DIY stuff and you are able to enjoy various concerts on the event grounds. It emerged in 2016 and has constantly evolved in it's consecutive years.

So much so, that they started to "branch out" in 2021 and are now occupying additional areas at the Wuhlheide in Berlin, not just the "FEZ (Freizeit und Erholungszentrum) alone anymore. Those areas actually cover the "Zirkuszelt/Circus Tent" (inner yard of the FEZ, "Bungalowdorf", the "Fuchsbau" (Foxhole), and now also the "Strandbad Wuhlheide" (while moving the "Seebühne/seaside stage" to the "Strandbühne/"beach stage"). Parallel to "Superbooth", there will also be SOOPERgrail, a small guitar show for builders and interested guitarists.

Presentation video: Superbooth 2022 - BeSOOPER

phpBB [media]

The "Superbooth" is held every Spring, and is currently a recurring visitor at the FEZ (Freizeit und Erholungszentrum), Berlin (Germany). Europe's biggest, non-profit children-, youth- and family center, located in the south east of Berlin in the district named Oberschöneweide (or more precisely, at the Wuhlheide). In 2022, they will also occupy additional outdoor areas -- the areas are designated and there will be ticket checks.

Let's just say this - there is a lot of ground to cover, get some comfortable shoes, and consider an extra day for visiting.
With the one or another caveat... (see below)

Date: Thursday, 12th May 2022 until Saturday, 14th May 2022

More information, including an exhibitor list:
https://www.superbooth.com
https://www.soopergrail.com

Tickets available - please see here

There is no visitor cap this year. The SuperBooth ticket entitles you to access all areas of the SuperBooth (10am to 10pm) and SooperGrail, with all exhibitors and concerts. You do not need an extra ticket for the SOOPERgrail in this case. The ticket does however not give access to special events and shuttle boat trips (separate payment -- the "Boat Shuttle" is not a thing anymore).

:arrow: IMPORTANT INFORMATION IF YOU WANT TO ATTEND SUPERBOOTH 2022 (Status 14-APR-2022):
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Superbooth 2022 is about one month away. However, if you plan to attend and are not from Germany/not Berlin-local, then you need to keep the "measures against the corona virus" (German-wide Pandemic Regulations) in mind. While the baseline regulations are uniform nationwide, Berlin has their own slightly changed set of rules on top of that.

If you want to be on the safe side prior to attending this event, there also seems to be an available Covid-Antigen-Testcentrum (Testing Centre offering Rapid-Tests) at the main entrance to the FEZ this year. You will not be checked at the event, but it is recommended to still get tested, and have an app on your phone with the "EU Vaccination Pass" on it in case regulations change overnight.

If you are unfamiliar with current regulations, or want to be up-to-date, please visit the following links:

Measures against the corona virus (Berlin) - Quarantine, testing and reporting obligations for those entering the state of Berlin

This is the most important thing to know if you visit from outside of Germany. Please get acquainted with rules and regulations on testing and obligation to notify the authorities.

Here is a summary in FAQ form
Preventing coronavirus infection in Berlin – frequently asked questions

Also important:

If you travel via public transportation (highly recommended, parking spots are probably all used up), you also need to adhere to the COVID-19 regulations/mandates. Berlin is (once more) among the last cities in Germany that insists on FFP2 masks (KN95 at bar minimum, no medical/OP masks!). You will see people that will ignore this, but please don't risk a hefty fine. The main public transportation provider is the "BVG" (Berliner Verkehrsbetriebe), however their Corona Information page is written in German only. The "Berliner S-Bahn" is run by the Deutsche Bahn (in collaboration with the BVG, same tickets!). Thankfully they provide a English version of the current mandate.

BVG - Corona Webpage (German)
S-Bahn Berlin - Information about the coronavirus (Covid-19) (English)

You can access the area from two sides:
Front Side - by tram (tram station: FEZ - Freizeit und Erholungszentrum)
Back Side - by S-Bahn (S3, train station: Wuhlheide)

Even though most events and in-door areas can technically be entered without a medical masks in Berlin, the the Superbooth staff recommends to wear a (medical) masks throughout the event, especially if things are too crowed indoors.

This can change overnight (depending on the local regulations). So please check in with their FAQ.

:arrow: Will I be attending "Superbooth 2022" as visitor?

Updated (14-APR-2021):

I'd love to, and I'm currently in preparations to make this happen. I am curious as to how "Superbooth" has evolved, as I didn't attend 2021 (due to various reasons).

However, I am also being honest with you. Not only due to the pandemic situation, I'm not a fan of big events or crowds anymore. Such events are loud, and can be quite taxing. But should I have the energy, not to mention the confidence to attend (I can not say if it will be the whole days days from morning until late night), I will probably walk around the area, check out new synths, talk to companies, meet up with fellows and try to generally have a good time. But if I am "not feeling it", I will back away. Thank you for understanding.

:arrow: Possible meetup?

I was already asked about this. And like 2019, I would offer to do a "meet and greet", depending on how many community members would attend.

There are several possible areas available as meeting point. Like the fountain/sculpture in front of the FEZ, or the area in front of the "Strandbad Wuhlheide". But I am open to suggestions. And I will keep an eye on the forum and Discord during the event. But the sooner people make up their mind, the better the planning for everyone interested.

Updated: 14-APR-2022 7:10 UTC+2/CEST
Jorgeelalto
Song Provider
Song Provider

Re: Superbooth 2022 - BeSOOPER - 12th to 14th May 2022

Post by Jorgeelalto »

I'm definitely going on the 14th (Saturday), already got my ticket and flight, and planning my stay, so I'm up to whatever you wanna do :)
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mister Fox »

Important Update for all visitors from outside of Germany:

The German government has extended the current rules for entering Germany. It was supposed to expire on 28th April, however it was decided to extend the regulations until 31st May 2022. Please get acquainted with the ruling prior to visiting.

Here is a link to the article - sadly it's not translated yet.
Coronavirus in Germany - Entry rules extended (German)

You can translate this article with the help of the DeepL Translator. Please also cross-check all provided links form the first post. Changes are always a possibility. Just to be on the safe side.
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mister Fox »

Quick update:
Looks like @Jorgeelalto and I (@Mister Fox) will definitely be at Superbooth on Saturday 14th May. We'd love to know if more of you join us this day. Or maybe even another day.

in fact, there is a Synth Youtuber Meetup planned by BoBeatsMusic on Saturday around 13:00 (1pm) at the "Zeltstadt" (inner yard of the FEZ). Everyone is invited to join and hang out. I hope to find my way there at that hour. Plenty of musicians and Youtubers already confirmed to be there.

Every other day is fair game. Although I am still uncertain if I will also attend on Thursday or not (due to a myriad of reasons). Which is why I am bumping this thread, to get an overview.

I will be checking in on a regular basis on Discord and our forum during those days. I highly recommend meeting at easy to find spot. Like the Fountain in front of the event grounds, the Zeltstadt, or either entrance of the Bungalowdorf or Fuchsbau. If the weather is good. Else, I recommend the "Main Entrance", which is spacious.

:arrow: Are you attending as visitor or even as exhibitor at a booth?

Please let us know when and where, and we'll make a meetup happen.
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mister Fox »

I'm currently at Superbooth.

If anyone of you is there as well, post in here or on Discord and we'll find a meeting spot.

Else, have an eye out for somebody with a white button-up shirt, glasses, backpack and/or the Mix Challenge logo on the left sleeve of a black t-shirt.

See you there
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mister Fox »

Today is the day! I'm currently en route to Superbooth 2022.

If you want to hang out, have an eye out for somebody with the Mix Challenge logo on either a hoodie, or the left sleeve of a black t-shirt.

I will also try to take a look at the Synth Youtuber Meetup planned by BoBeatsMusic on Saturday around 13:00 (1pm) at the "Zeltstadt" (inner yard of the FEZ). Everyone is invited to join and hang out, doesn't matter if you're a Youtuber, Streamer or not.

Want to meet at a certain place, post in here or on Discord and we'll find a suitable spot.

See you there