2024-MAR-01 Info: Check out Songwriting Competition 079 if you're into "Synthwave" music making.

Mix Challenge community and daylight saving time

News and Announcements resolving around the Mix Challenge community
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mix Challenge community and daylight saving time

Post by Mister Fox »

As some of you have already experienced, the so called "Daylight Saving Time" has started to set in. As of this moment, this is currently for the northern hemisphere, namely Central and North America. In about two weeks, Asia and Europe will follow suit.

:arrow: Please be advised, that due to the time shift(s), you might have less time to work on your edits for the challenges.

To stay informed as to "how much time you have left for your edits", there are three modules on this page that will help you with that:
  • at the top of the forum (board index) is a simplified world clock
  • the Global Countdown on the main home page
  • the simplified countdown on the landing page

The countdowns are synced to CET or rather UTC/GMT +1, German time. No matter where on the planet you are, the corresponding countdown does adapt accordingly to your time zone.

Australia might sometimes show an offset on the World Clock on the forum (only!). If you're from Australia, please drop me a PM ever so often to tell me that the shown time is offset, and I'll fix that ASAP.

More information on the Daylight Saving Time, sorted by Country:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_ ... by_country

Thank your for reading. :tu:
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mix Challenge community and daylight saving time

Post by Mister Fox »

A short update:
Central Europe is now observing "Daylight Saving Time".

Countdowns and forum clocks have been adjusted accordingly. Future games will now mention CEST for "Central European Summer Time" until this time shift ends on 28th October 2018 (GMT+1/CET will now be changed to GMT+2/CEST or UTC+2/CEST)