2024-MAR-01 Info: Check out Songwriting Competition 079 if you're into "Synthwave" music making.

Superbooth 2019 - 09th to 11th May 2019 - Meetup

News and Announcements resolving around the Mix Challenge community
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Superbooth 2019 - 09th to 11th May 2019 - Meetup

Post by Mister Fox »

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I'd like to talk about the "Superbooth" for a minute. The "Superbooth" is a a Synthesizer Trade Show/Exhibition that is open for everyone that is only slightly interested in synthesizers. It emerged in 2016 and has since grown to be a staple among audio events. Not only because of the fact that it is way smaller and more specialized than large trade shows like NAMM or Musikmesse, but you can also get hands-on with presented equipment, you can talk shop, you can join workshops, you can DIY stuff and you are able to enjoy a whole lot of concerts on the event grounds.

The "Superbooth" is held every spring - usually late April/early May). And (as of this moment) is a recurring visitor at the FEZ (Freizeit und Erholungszentrum), Berlin. Europe's biggest, non-profit children-, youth- and family center, located in the south east of Berlin in the district named Oberschöneweide (or more precisely, at the Wuhlheide).

But enough of the introduction - let this particular promo video speak for itself:

phpBB [media]

Source: https://www.superbooth.com

:arrow: I will be attending "Superbooth 2019" as visitor.

No, the "Mix Challenge" won't be having a booth. But I will definitely be there as normal visitor during the regular visitor hours. Maybe even during some of the late night shows - depending on how exhausted I'll be from the daily program.

:?: What does that mean for you?

Aside from visiting a very nice exhibition and getting the chance to talk to some of your favorite synth creators and sound designers, maybe even the occasional artist you've been following on Social Media... you may have the chance to meet the person behind the Mix Challenge audio community. in other words: me, Mister Fox.

:?: Wait, does that mean a possible meetup?

Yes it does! If there are enough people from his community attending. The main question however would be - when, and where? I am pretty sure already about the "where", also considering possible weather fluctuations. But I don't know of the "when" yet. This is the spot in this initial forum post that will be updated over the course of the next days, depending on the interest of a possible meetup.

I'll be attending on Friday and Saturday. I might drop by for the evening program on Thursday already, but I can't guarantee that.

Meetup Location:
  • Outside: if it's not raining, there is a Fountain right in front of the main building. Opposite of a small playground with a play tower shaped like a "rocket" with attached slides. Really hard to miss and a great spot to meet up IMO.
  • Inside: Directly to the left of the main entrance (the foyer), half way to the cafe on the ground floor, is probably a section again with chairs and the likes. That is a fairly open space, and in case of bad weather, an ideal spot for meetups
Meetup time(s):
Friday, 10th May. around 3:45pm (15:45 o'clock)
I might be dropping by the EVE Audio Booth H520 on Saturday, 11th May, around 3pm to 4pm (15:00 o'clock - 16:00 o'clock - Gearslutz meeting at the EVE Audio booth)

You'll be attending Superbooth 2019 as well? You're interested in a meet and greet?
Let's discuss further details down below. :phones:
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Superbooth 2019 - 09th to 11th May 2019 - Meetup

Post by Mister Fox »

I've locked down a time frame tomorrow (Friday) for the meetup.

Since it's supposed to rain tomorrow, I decided on indoors
  • Time: around 3:45pm (15:45 o'clock)
  • Location: ground level, Foyer to the left of the main entrance (nearby Synth carousel (E035) and the Reality Grinder (E100) interactive mosaic sequencer), nearby the cafe
I'll probably on my way from the "SAE Institute - Masterclass" (Electronic Music in 3D) at the "Akademie" (Akademie (O430)) down to the foyer at around 15:30. I'll be at the Foyer around 15:45 (3:45pm) and will wait for about 15min. If nobody is showing up, I'll be on my way again and you need to catch me walking around or being at a booth.

:?: How do we know it's you?

I'll probably be wearing jeans, a dark T-Shirt, a dark grey button-up shirt and walk around with a backpack. If there is a seating area again, I'll probably sit down to get some rest, with a "Mix Challenge" logo attached to my backpack standing on the floor or something.

If you're attending Superbooth as well, please let me know in this thread.
Good luck finding me!
Jorgeelalto
Song Provider
Song Provider

Post by Jorgeelalto »

Replying here because the other topic is closed, but what are the possibilities of being able to do the meetup for 2021? Just wanted to let you know I would be interested :grin:
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mister Fox »

Yeah, I've closed the other topic, because there was no reason to comment any further really.

So far there are no news on Superbooth 2021. But should this event happen, and with not a lot of restrictions, I plan to be there. So a meetup can definitely happen.