2024-MAR-01 Info: Check out Songwriting Competition 079 if you're into "Synthwave" music making.

Superbooth 2021 - Safety First Edition - 15th to 18th September 2021 (date changed)

News and Announcements resolving around the Mix Challenge community
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Superbooth 2021 - Safety First Edition - 15th to 18th September 2021 (date changed)

Post by Mister Fox »

Ladies and Gentlemen,

it is official - after the cancellation of the majority of audio events for 2020 (and turning them into online events), the Superbooth" got an official date for 2021.

The "Superbooth" is a Synthesizer Trade Show/Exhibition which is open for everyone that is only slightly interested in synthesizers. You have the chance to get hands-on with presented equipment, you can talk shop, you can join workshops, you can do DIY stuff and you are able to enjoy various concerts on the event grounds. It emerged in 2016 and has constantly evolved in it's consecutive years. So much so, that the new concept, which they currently call "Safety First Edition", results in them basically occupying the majority of the Wuhlheide in Berlin, not just the "FEZ (Freizeit und Erholungszentrum) alone anymore. That is at least triple the area they had access to previously.

Presentation video: Superbooth 2021 - Safety First Edition

phpBB [media]

The "Superbooth" is held every spring, and is (as of this moment) a recurring visitor at the FEZ (Freizeit und Erholungszentrum), Berlin (Germany). Europe's biggest, non-profit children-, youth- and family center, located in the south east of Berlin in the district named Oberschöneweide (or more precisely, at the Wuhlheide). In 2021, they will also occupy outdoor areas like the nearby the "Bungalowdorf", the "Finnhütten am Badesee" (a small standing dining area in front of the Badesee Wuhlheide), and also the majority of the backdoor playground area. There is no further information how this will all be disconnected from regular park and bath visitors (update: 05-SEP-2021 -- the areas are designated and there will be ticket checks). Let's just say this - get some comfortable shoes, and consider an extra day for visiting. With one or more caveats... (see below)

Date: Wednesday, 15th September 2021 until Saturday, 18th September 2021
Previous Date: Wednesday, 05th May 2021 until Saturday, 08th May 2021 (moved due to ongoing Pandemic Regulations in Germany)

More information, including an exhibitor list:
https://www.superbooth.com

Tickets available - please see here

There will be a definite visitor cap. You can only order 1-day tickets this time around, not ones for the whole event (3-day tickets) due to a participation limit (pandemic regulations in Germany). Tickets are also time limited for the "Indoor area" (main house, the "FEZ" itself).

:arrow: Updated (05-SEP-2021) -- IMPORTANT INFORMATION IF YOU WANT TO ATTEND SUPERBOOTH 2021:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Superbooth 2021 is less than 2 weeks away. However, if you plan to attend and are not from Germany/not Berlin-local, then you need to keep the "measures against the corona virus" (German-wide Pandemic Regulations) in mind. Not only are there uniform nationwide regulations, Berlin has their own slightly changed set of rules on top of that.

If you are unfamiliar with them, please visit the following links:

Measures against the corona virus (Berlin) - Quarantine, testing and reporting obligations for those entering the state of Berlin

This is the most important thing to know if you visit from outside of Germany. Please get acquainted with rules and regulations on testing and obligation to notify the authorities.

Here is a summary in FAQ form
Preventing coronavirus infection in Berlin – frequently asked questions

Also important is the Ticket Sale information from the Superbooth team themselves:

The 1-day tickets are time limited for the main house (indoor area, aka the "FEZ" itself), to two blocks of 4 hours each (10:00 to 14:00, or 15:00 to 19:00). The ticket is still a 1-day ticket and is valid for the whole event area, but you can not visit the main house (FEZ BerlIn) outside of these time-slots. There are no 3-day tickets this year. If you want to attend more than one day, you need to buy the tickets individually.

The "Boat Shuttle" tickets are finally separate from the day ticket - at least if we talk "evening tickets back to the city". There is still a "morning ticket to the event" included in the price of the 1-day ticket. If you decide to use the shuffle service, not only do you need to adhere to the local testing/vaccination regulations, you also need to wear a FFP2 mask during the ride. The ride itself can take about 60min per direction (so please keep that in mind), plus 10 minutes on foot to get to the FEZ itself.

If you travel via public transportation (highly recommended, parking spots are probably all used up), you also need to adhere to the COVID-19 regulations/mandates. Berlin is among the last cities (if not the last) in Germany that insists on FFP2 masks (KN95 at bar minimum, no medical/OP masks!). Please don't risk a hefty fine. The main public transportation provider is the "BVG" (Berliner Verkehrsbetriebe), however their Corona Information page is written in German only. The "Berliner S-Bahn" is run by the Deutsche Bahn (in collaboration with the BVG, same tickets!). Thankfully they provide a English version of the current mandate.

BVG - Corona Webpage (German)
S-Bahn Berlin - Information about the coronavirus (Covid-19) (English)

You can access the area from two sides:
Front Side - by tram (tram station: FEZ - Freizeit und Erholungszentrum)
Back Side - by S-Bahn (S3, train station: Wuhlheide)

Even though events and in-door areas can technically be entered with medical masks (aka OP-masks) in Berlin, the the Superbooth staff asks you to wear FFP2 masks throughout the event. Violation to adhere to the rules/hygiene concept will result in an exempt of the event.

Please check in with their FAQ.

:arrow: Will I be attending "Superbooth 2021" as visitor?

Updated (05-SEP-2021):

The exhibition area has been drastically enhanced. You are also only allowed to buy 1-day tickets, and the "main house" offers particular time-limited slots. Being a local, and knowing how large the whole area actually is (FEZ indoor area/outdoor area, and the Wuhlheide itself), this is definitely not easy to tackle in one day.

Even with access to a way bigger area (due to the pandemic/health concept), I consider the pandemic situation too chaotic and dangerous still (Berlin's Indent Numbers of n-per-100k are still rising). I am sorry, but I decided to not attend "Superbooth 2021". I hope our worldwide situation has worked itself out by 2022.

Previously (up until September 2021):
► Show Spoiler

:arrow: Possible meetup?

Updated (05-SEP-2021):

I'm sorry, there won't be an "event meetup".

Previously (up until September 2021):
► Show Spoiler

Updated: 05-SEP-2021 6:00 UTC+1/CEST
Updated: 09-MAR-2021 6:30 UTC+1/CET
Jorgeelalto
Song Provider
Song Provider

Re: Superbooth 2021 - Safety First Edition - 05th to 08th May 2021

Post by Jorgeelalto »

I'm really interested in this.

If I bought a plane ticket right now, I would get it for 58€, so it's clear that the risk of losing the money is low, I don't really care much about that.

But same as you, I have a problem with availability due to university or coronavirus... My country, community or city could close, they could cancel the flight, they could close the blabla, etc. Also I have to check whether I have to deliver something or do an exam in those dates, because I guess if we go to Superbooth on friday, that means I should get to Berlin on Thursday, and May is a critical month for uni in my case.

But, I'm still up for this. I will check my calendars these days and I will pull the trigger on the plane ticket as soon as I can. I cannot assure I will be able to go, but I hope I can :D
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Superbooth 2021 - Safety First Edition - 15th to 18th September 2021 (date changed)

Post by Mister Fox »

There has been an update regarding "Superbooth 2021".

As of this moment, "Superbooth 2021" has been moved from it's original May 2021 date, to September 2021. The parallel planned SOOPERgrail has been moved to 2022. This is due to still ongoing pandemic regulations in Germany, which still feature an uncertainty as to where the road will take us (overall). Currently, it is unknown if and how(!) big events like this can happen - even with the area being bigger and more wide spread.

Tickets will definitely be available in limited supply only. I've updated the post above.

Official press releases:
https://twitter.com/Superbooth_Bln/stat ... 0388477952
https://www.superbooth.com/en/welcome/n ... ition.html
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mister Fox »

Update to the Superbooth Event

I just updated the first post of the thread and provided some valuable information on rules and regulations (COVID-19), should you attend "Superbooth 2021".

I hope this is helpful to you. If in doubt, also check in with news, tourism centers and embassies before you travel.

With that said, and in summary:

:arrow: Will I be attending "Superbooth 2021" as visitor?

The exhibition area has been drastically enhanced. You are also only allowed to buy 1-day tickets, and the "main house" offers particular time-limited slots. Being a local, and knowing how large the whole area actually is (FEZ indoor area/outdoor area, and the Wuhlheide itself), this is definitely not easy to tackle in one day.

Even with access to a way bigger area (due to the pandemic/health concept), I consider the pandemic situation too chaotic and dangerous still (Berlin's Indent Numbers of n-per-100k are still rising). I am sorry, but I decided to not attend "Superbooth 2021". Due to this, I am also canceling possible meetups.
Jorgeelalto
Song Provider
Song Provider

Re: Superbooth 2021 - Safety First Edition - 15th to 18th September 2021 (date changed)

Post by Jorgeelalto »

Hey! Superbooth 2022 tickets are available now. Do you think we will be able to attend this time?
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mister Fox »

There is still a lot of back-and-forth with certain local regulations (note the special rules for attending this event!).

I am thinking about it, but I won't make any promises. Things are still a bit too chaotic IMHO.