2024-MAR-01 Info: Check out Songwriting Competition 079 if you're into "Synthwave" music making.

Mix Challenge - 7th Anniversary

News and Announcements resolving around the Mix Challenge community
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mix Challenge - 7th Anniversary

Post by Mister Fox »

Dear forum member,

today we're celebrating the 7th Anniversary of the Mix Challenge.
Not only the game that turned into namesake of this page, but also this audio community as a whole.

Image Source: Pexels, photo by Katerina Holmes, released under Creative Commons CC0

Another year has gone by in a fluke. It has been seven years since the Mix Challenge started (June 2014 on KVR Audio). Over 76 Mix(ing) Challenges and over 45 Songwriting Competitions - we're still here. In fact, we have reached two (to me) major milestones in 2020, despite some crazy twists and turns that year. Not only did we have over 100 participants for the Mix(ing) Challenge twice, our community exceeded 1000 user sign-ups in September 2020. And the user base is still growing - slowly but steady.

I can do nothing but thank everyone that has been (and still is) a part of this community. From our song providers, to license sponsors, to the monthly participants, to all very generous patrons, to all those that go the extra mile and spread the word about this community (please continue doing so), the cross-community support and collaboration, etc.

Without you, this endeavor might have wilted long ago. Thank you!

There is so much planned for the Mix Challenge still, which I hope results in even more interaction. Especially for the Songwriting Competition. You already saw a glimpse of that in the Gossip, Polls and Q&A Area. Although I can't comment on anything further yet - I'm but one person after all, and time-management is a thing.

Let us please raise our mugs / glasses (with your favorite beverage in it) and let us wish joy to our small community.

Here is to "year 8" :tada:
maxovrdrive

Re: Mix Challenge - 7th Anniversary

Post by maxovrdrive »

Congratulations @Mister Fox and to everyone else involved in the website! Cheers to Year 8!
dadomachado

Post by dadomachado »

Congratz !!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Dodgingrain

Post by Dodgingrain »

Congrats, and thanks for giving us a place to learn :phones: :educate: :phones: :clap:
Mixing, Mastering, Remixing Services
Two Cat Audio Labs, llc
https://www.twocataudiolabs.com
https://www.instagram.com/twocataudiolabs/
AskAndy

Post by AskAndy »

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :gotidea: :clap: :clap: :hihi:
Square

Post by Square »

Just glad that this gem exists, its been a big help to me over a couple of hard years.

Thanks for everything <3
dnlptn

Post by dnlptn »

Happy 7th Anniversary! Many thanks Mr Fox for all your work.