2021-MAY-06 Info: Want to have fun and just make some music? Check out Songwriting Competition 045.

Mastering Challenge - General Gossip Thread

Ask us a question, give feedback, join surveys, make suggestions
FixInTheMix

Re: Mastering Challenge - General Gossip Thread

Post by FixInTheMix »

Studio Saturn wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 17:44 CET
About mastering contest, Don't you think it is more appropriate if the song first is in mixing contest and then pass to mastering contest the winner mix?
To quote Mr Fox itself
To start things off, we're revisiting a winner mix from Mix Challenge #14 out of the year 2015.
so its just what you said only a couple years later.
I think using the last mix challenge winner for the mastering challenge would be boring as in hearing the same track over and over for two months in a row could become tiresome IMO.

Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mister Fox »

Studio Saturn wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 17:44 CET
About mastering contest, Don't you think it is more appropriate if the song first is in mixing contest and then pass to mastering contest the winner mix?
ThIs is actually what was planned with the challenge expansion. The first Mastering Challenge production was indeed from 2015. There will be another "old" one in an upcoming game (I can already tell you as much), but there will also be a Mix Challenge leading into a Mastering Challenge.

Yes, overexposure of the same track could lead to fatigue and loss of interest. But we won't know this before we tried such a back-to-back challenge run.

Arthur Labus

Post by Arthur Labus »

Any recommendations for ID3 tagger ? I tried a lot, but some of them are too simple, and some of the mess up with file name after tagging.
I am on Windows 10. Any tips would be appreciated.

Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mister Fox »

Personally I do individual files manually in AIMP (Windows based). Mass tagging, you could try IDTE ID3 Tag Editor

Arthur Labus

Post by Arthur Labus »

Thanks ! Will check tha AIMP !

Jorgeelalto

Post by Jorgeelalto »

I like using MP3Tag. Works on Windows 10, can edit MP3 and FLAC tags (among other formats) and I can include cover images. It also does batch renaming and other operations :D