I have been toying with the idea of starting a podcast for a couple of months now. Initially, this was for a private project. But then I thought "why not build upon this idea, maybe branch out with the Mix Challenge a little bit more? Also offer something for those just reading along/listening in".
I came up with the following:
- an (for the time being) audio-only podcast (if the interest will be higher this way, maybe video)
- as starting point, and since I am unsure of the workload yet, every 3 months (4x a year, e.g. at the start of every meteorological season), but no more than every 2 months (6x a year)
- the podcast might feature interviews with Song Providers for/from the Mix(ing) Challenge
- maybe at a later state, it might even feature interviews with more known figures in the audio industry, companies and developers, etc
- the podcast might feature the top three winners of the last Songwriting Competitions leading up to this podcast, offering a spotlight for participants, and giving a bit more focus on the Songwriting Competition
- the podcast might be available up 2 weeks in advance for Patrons (Backers) of the Mix Challenge Audio Community
This sadly also comes with a slew of extra agreements for participants, especially considering the upcoming European-wide "Article 17/Copyright Laws". But I didn't set anything is stone yet. In fact, I am still noting down ideas as to where this road might lead to (including distribution loudness, where to release the podcast, etc).
My question to you would be: would you be interested in this idea?
And if so, what would you love to see or rather, hear?
Thank you for reading.
The poll will run until 24th April 2021 23:59 UTC+2/CEST. You can cast one vote. You are able change your vote until that deadline