2021-MAY-06 Info: Want to have fun and just make some music? Check out Songwriting Competition 045.

Songwriting Competition - General Gossip Thread

Ask us a question, give feedback, join surveys, make suggestions
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Songwriting Competition - General Gossip Thread

Post by Mister Fox »

If you changed the settings while analyzing, the meter considers this as "slowly changing program" and you might not see a drastic shift or any shifts at all.

If you changed the settings, stopped the playback, reset the meter for a fresh analysis and then tried it again, the LUFS value should also shift.

A Future in Noise

Post by A Future in Noise »

Mister Fox wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 17:25 CET
If you changed the settings while analyzing, the meter considers this as "slowly changing program" and you might not see a drastic shift or any shifts at all.

If you changed the settings, stopped the playback, reset the meter for a fresh analysis and then tried it again, the LUFS value should also shift.
Of course I did not change the settings while analizing. Of course i did reset. When I have got time enough, I will probably try to investigate what happens if I use some other plugins that can measure loudness.

The Exponent

Post by The Exponent »

A Future in Noise wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 19:31 CET
Mister Fox wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 17:25 CET

Of course I did not change the settings while analizing. Of course i did reset. When I have got time enough, I will probably try to investigate what happens if I use some other plugins that can measure loudness.
Unless you did something funny with the routing, this is theoretically impossible. If you reduced the gain by say 1dB, Youlean or any loudness meter can not display the same LUFS. Unless ofcourse if the source is just silence.

DSPplug

Post by DSPplug »

Hello. For My entry I provided an MP3 and a Wav file. Obviously, a wav file is the ideal medium to download, judge by and test; yet, the mp3 is small enough for those who use phones that are in slower zones or for those with slower isp's/hubs.

I hope this ok, I could always remove the mp3 but this is how it has been done in other competitions and I felt it was forward thinking. Please if you would, let Me know if I was right in that thinking. I will say, in My experience at KVR, there has been times where I tried to listen to a wav and it just kept cutting out as it played, and sometimes the same can be said for soundcloud.

Obviously, this is really not an ideal circumstance and yet these circumstances are common.
Robert

Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mister Fox »

Posting MP3s is fine for the Songwriting Competition.

The files must be downloadable for the very purpose you've mentioned though, in case of "streaming issues".