2024-MAR-01 Info: Check out Songwriting Competition 079 if you're into "Synthwave" music making.

MIX CHALLENGE - MC044 June 2018 - Winners announced

Join the Mix Challenge - recurrence: February until December
Henrik Hjortnaes

Re: MIX CHALLENGE - MC044 June 2018 - Winners announced

Post by Henrik Hjortnaes »

Leo, thank you for an amazing job on the feedback. I read every bit of it with great interest and I was surprised and pleased with your structured approach.

Congrats to Mork and Rogro and so cool to hear the mixes from everybody here.
Henrik Hjortnaes

Post by Henrik Hjortnaes »

Mister Fox wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 03:59 CEST
Next up in line is Henrik Hjortnaes.
My pick is HoRNet Multicomp Plus MK2.
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mister Fox »

Alright, thank you for the license selection, Henrik.

That leaves us with Rogro to select something that's left from the license pool.
Baddo

Post by Baddo »

Mork wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 19:38 CEST
Leo, thanks for letting us play with this awesome tune! I played it in my friend's car (on our way to a huge festival, of course) and he was like "Who's that? Who's that?" the whole time. Also thanks for the detailed feedback! I think it's really valuable to know where you ended up and why. I know exactly how discouraging it is to just see the podium, no further explanations, not even an indication of where your mix happened to end up. That can be very frustrating after putting lots of effort into the mix, so again, it's really cool that you took the time to write all those detailed feedbacks and in my opinion it's well worth the wait.
Haha thanks, it is very cool that you showed him the track, and I am very happy he liked it.

Getting feedback from a client is always difficult to muster, but necessary if you want to improve, but I also think that getting feedback in a vacuum, isolated from the whole picture can be pernicious to the whole process, so I tried to judge every mix on it's own merits and only at the end made them fight each other. This might sound like a contradiction, but I did it that way because I wanted to get the mixers pure vision for the track, and then offer the reality check that is pitting it against other competent mixes. In the end of course, it is very difficult to choose, so the way of giving points and all that came organically. I hope everyone got something out of the whole process.
Henrik Hjortnaes wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 20:18 CEST
Leo, thank you for an amazing job on the feedback. I read every bit of it with great interest and I was surprised and pleased with your structured approach.
YW Henrik. Hopefully other mixers also did that, it is difficult to be objective and not take it personally when your own work is on the line, but if you can, then you will definitely improve. That is what I think.

Regards,

Leo