2024-MAR-01 Info: Check out Songwriting Competition 079 if you're into "Synthwave" music making.

MIX CHALLENGE - MC052 March 2019 - Winners announced

Join the Mix Challenge - recurrence: February until December
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: MIX CHALLENGE - MC052 March 2019 - Mix Round 1 in evaluation

Post by Mister Fox »

Hi everyone,

For those following the statistics, I've finally managed to update them.
Please feel free to correct me if I missed an entry. Please also take note of the new, more easier to read format.

STATISTICS:
  • If I didn't miscount, we have 41 submissions this month. That is 29 submissions less than last month and 19 entries more compared to last year.
  • We have 1 submission after the deadline - since it was 1min over, I see it as "server glitch" (please try to prevent that in the future)
  • We had 2 submissions through SoundCloud only
  • I had to address the Rules and Guidelines 3 times

The corresponding pages/threads that list similar stats have been updated
ollyaudio

Re: MIX CHALLENGE - MC052 March 2019 - Mix Round 2 in evaluation

Post by ollyaudio »

My favorites.

I heard a lot of good mixes. It was difficult for me to determine the best ones. The mixes that I chose have excellent frequency characteristics. The tracks were heard creative. Thanks to everyone who participated. I want to wish you success and fulfillment of hope.

1 Frequency Painter
2 maxovrdrive
3 Kirurg

Feedback given through mail wrote: 1. Frequency Painter
Mix made with a creative approach.

2. maxovdrive
Mix is well balanced. In music, all the instruments are heard.

3. Kirurg
Mix has excellent frequency response. Also in the track I heard the space.

⚠ Moderation Message from Mister Fox  
This post has been edited to reflect a new Winners Podium and to address at least some rudimentary feedback. There won't be any more feedback I'm afraid - I apologize for this inconvenience.
Last edited by ollyaudio on Mon May 06, 2019 06:42 CEST, edited 1 time in total.
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: MIX CHALLENGE - MC052 March 2019 - Winners announced

Post by Mister Fox »

First and foremost, congratulations to the winners!

The Winners Podium is
1) Frequency Painter
2) maxovrdrive
3) Kirurg

We'll now perform with the usual. Selecting licenses is handled in public. Please select one license/company out of the pool (in order of the winners podium) and mention it in this thread, then (important) please get in touch with me (via PM) with your full name, mail address and your license selection.

As usual - you're not forced to pick up anything. You can pass and therefore offer more to select for the next person in line. Just let all participants/winners/the staff know in a timely manner.

I'll update the "winners podium" thread shortly. (edit: has been updated)

Thanks again for your participation. You can leave the thread alive if you want to exchange tips/tricks, edits, etc.
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: MIX CHALLENGE - MC052 March 2019 - Topic Temporary locked because of unclear Winner announcement

Post by Mister Fox »

I had to temporarily "lock" this topic because of the fact, that a disqualified participant made it to the Winners Podium. I wanted to clear this in private first. Once more apologies for this inconvenience and thank you for your understanding. This issue has now been cleared, I've cleaned up the thread a bit (as in: removed a handful of posts), updated the collective "Winners Podium" thread and finally made this thread you're currently reading accessible for everyone again.

:!: The new Winners Podium consists of:
Frequency Painter (1st), maxovrdrive (2nd) and Kirurg (3rd)

We will perform with the usual (see above).

To those that reached out to me, thank you. Though I sadly have to disappoint you regarding possible further feedback. The Song Provider is not fluent in English, and I guess this is all we'll be getting. I thank all of you for your patience and understanding. Let us please move on.

Mix Challenge 054 is still in full swing, so is Songwriting Competition 021.
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mister Fox »

Thread was still locked- whoops - server glitch.

It's fixed now. Please discuss away. :tu:
Frequency Painter

Post by Frequency Painter »

Mister Fox wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 06:15 CEST

The Winners Podium is
1) Frequency Painter
2) maxovrdrive
3) Kirurg

We'll now perform with the usual. Selecting licenses is handled in public. Please select one license/company out of the pool (in order of the winners podium) and mention it in this thread, then (important) please get in touch with me (via PM) with your full name, mail address and your license selection.

As usual - you're not forced to pick up anything. You can pass and therefore offer more to select for the next person in line. Just let all participants/winners/the staff know in a timely manner.

I'll update the "winners podium" thread shortly. (edit: has been updated)

Thanks again for your participation. You can leave the thread alive if you want to exchange tips/tricks, edits, etc.
Hi,

FYI I choose this as a price https://acondigital.com/products/defilter/

Thank you so much!

FP
Jamesirving

Post by Jamesirving »

Frequency Painter wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 19:59 CEST

The Winners Podium is
1) Frequency Painter
2) maxovrdrive
3) Kirurg

Hi,

FYI I choose this as a price https://acondigital.com/products/defilter/

Thank you so much!

FP
Congrats! Well deserved for a great mix.
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mister Fox »

Okay, Frequency Painter already reached out to me via PM, next up is maxovrdrive.
kevin gobin

Post by kevin gobin »

:clap:
maxovrdrive

Re: MIX CHALLENGE - MC052 March 2019 - Topic Temporary locked because of unclear Winner announcement

Post by maxovrdrive »

Mister Fox wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 23:35 CEST
I had to temporarily "lock" this topic because of the fact, that a disqualified participant made it to the Winners Podium. I wanted to clear this in private first. Once more apologies for this inconvenience and thank you for your understanding. This issue has now been cleared, I've cleaned up the thread a bit (as in: removed a handful of posts), updated the collective "Winners Podium" thread and finally made this thread you're currently reading accessible for everyone again.

:!: The new Winners Podium consists of:
Frequency Painter (1st), maxovrdrive (2nd) and Kirurg (3rd)

We will perform with the usual (see above).

To those that reached out to me, thank you. Though I sadly have to disappoint you regarding possible further feedback. The Song Provider is not fluent in English, and I guess this is all we'll be getting. I thank all of you for your patience and understanding. Let us please move on.

Mix Challenge 054 is still in full swing, so is Songwriting Competition 021.
Hi Mister Fox,

For my prize, I select http://www.nosaudio.com/

Thank you Ollyaudio for providing an interesting track to mix and learn from.

Thank you very much.