2024-MAR-01 Info: Check out Songwriting Competition 079 if you're into "Synthwave" music making.

MIX CHALLENGE - MC055 June 2019 - Winners announced

Join the Mix Challenge - recurrence: February until December
Mork
Wild Card x1
Wild Card x1

Re: MIX CHALLENGE - MC055 June 2019 - Mix Round 2 until 19-07-2019 11:59pm GMT+2/CEST

Post by Mork »

Heyho,

here's round 2:

MP3: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BLutB ... d8xDxdhLSk
WAV: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iMfHN ... JQ6bqT-QCs

Never been happy with the snare. Tamed the crack a bit with a trusty L1 and tried to get some "good" punch. I won't say it... yes I do: this would have been a prime candidate for sample AUGMENTATION :P
Thinned toms and shortened sustain a bit.
Also fattened up the bass a bit which was on my own list. It is now a part of the foundation :)
I also turned down the HiHat, but it is so vital to be "felt" that I turned it back up. Seems like hats are not only made for Reggae!

Cheers
Mork
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: MIX CHALLENGE - MC055 June 2019 - Mix Round 2 in evaluation

Post by Mister Fox »

It's the 20th July 2019, 2:00am - the 2nd Mix Round has officially ended.

Sadly, not everyone has sent in an edit (Armenelli/Paul Armthruster, LughSenedrson)
We have no submissions after the deadline.
Please check your upload links again, and have an eye on this thread for the final results.

I'm now opening up the room (again) for Q&A's and giving each other feedback (which is highly encouraged)

Songwriting Competition 023 is still in full swing. Please spread the word:
viewforum.php?f=11

See you on the flipside.
Armenelli

Post by Armenelli »

I see now you're in Germany... It's only 7:09 Mountain time. My apologies for missing the deadline; my space was torn apart prior to getting the round 2 notification. Finish dried in time for me to put it back together this morning: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Apn8-0l6PfTIgut8TlHmX86ksHRawA

Anyway, here is my updated mix (I understand it may not count).

MP3: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Apn8-0l6PfTIgut-ViHKQxSnvAZNpg
WAV: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Apn8-0l6PfTIgut_hnme98kaO--Yyg
Last edited by Armenelli on Mon Sep 09, 2019 22:50 CEST, edited 1 time in total.
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mister Fox »

Armenelli wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 03:15 CEST
I see know you're in Germany... It's only 7:09 Mountain time. My apologies for missing the deadline;
It's sad to not see your edit finished in time for Round 2 - but that's how it goes.

We do have a Global Countdown though, and I mention in every thread that the time zone is CET (Central European Time)/GMT+2 (Germany). In fact, we've adapted the Time Zone to "Central Europe" back in November 2015 (MC016) to make it more fair for international participants. Prior to that, Australia and New Zealand lost one day, while North/South America basically got one day extra.

Please take (once more) note of the Global Countdown.

Also - your files require a log in to a Microsoft account. They're not publicly downloadable on top of missing the deadline.
Armenelli

Post by Armenelli »

Yep. Totally get it. I should have looked at the counter.

The file access is strange, though. What's interesting is that I can open the files in a browser without being logged into a Microsoft account; it literally says "login" or "create account" in the upper right, but I can still access the files. I wonder if it's a territory thing? Is anyone else having issues accessing the files?
Mork
Wild Card x1
Wild Card x1

Post by Mork »

I say let it slide... this one time :cool:
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mister Fox »

Not going to happen
EatMe

Post by EatMe »

⚠ Moderation Message from Mister Fox  
This is feedback and a Winners Podium given by a participant, not the song provider.

The song provider/client of Mix Challenge 055 is fajebru, not EatMe

Hello! Here is my final winners order, or a vote, may be..

1. Tapwater
2. JulienMeirone
3. Mork
4. finnishcharm
5. Optoslam
6. (..Armenelli..)
7. Green-Dog
8. Paperthin
9. Drumwizard

A lot of good work has been done in the original song by Rahel and in the mixes of the mix-challenge mix challenge.
Thanks everybody for being a part of this mix-challenge mix challenge.
Maybe in the (near or far) future I will try to join once more in a mix-challenge mix challenge or songwriting competition.

Mister Fox is very strict in the rules, I feel that sometimes, when possible, the exemption from rules gives more practical space for each to work in.
I feel not worried for my disqualification over posting too early saying the post should be read as delayed until R2, but Armenelli was close enough to the deadline to let him join the final. I believe he has done good work in his mix and deserves a spot in the final. I have given him the 6th position in my list.
fajebru

Post by fajebru »

Hey guys,

thanks for your submissions for round 2, nearly everything has been fixed, that I felt these mixes needed and still very different mixes and a very hard decision, especially between Mork and Tapwater. I think Mork technically made the best mix and also the mix, that transported the original feel of the song the best. In my ears, Tapwaters mix isn’t as strong as Mork’s, but he definitely gave hit is own signature and brought something interesting as alternative that I really dig. Sadly I can’t make both of you first place, so I went with the mix, I thought I would go with, if I was actually searching for a mixing engineer to mix this song for release.

The winners podium is:

1. Mork
2. Tapwater
3. JulienMeirone
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: MIX CHALLENGE - MC055 June 2019 - Winners announced

Post by Mister Fox »

First and foremost, congratulations to the winners!

The Winners Podium is
1) Mork
2) Tapwater
3) JulienMeirone

We perform with the usual - please select one license out of the pool (in order of the winners podium) and mention it in this thread, then (important) get in touch with me via PM with your full name, mail address and your plugin selection.

I'll update the "winners podium" thread shortly.

Thanks again for your participation. You can leave the thread alive if you want to exchange tips/tricks, edits, etc.

All August games are up and running, you can find them here
http://mix-challenge.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11 (Songwriting)
http://mix-challenge.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8 (Mixing)

And a desperate cry for help:

The Song Pool is dry. We have no more material for future Mix(ing) Challenges.
Please reach out! (FAQ on the Song Pool Campaign page)