2024-MAR-01 Info: Check out Songwriting Competition 079 if you're into "Synthwave" music making.

MIX CHALLENGE - MC055 June 2019 - Winners announced

Join the Mix Challenge - recurrence: February until December
Mork
Wild Card x1
Wild Card x1

Re: MIX CHALLENGE - MC055 June 2019 - Winners announced

Post by Mork »

AWESOME :hyper:

Thanks, and congratulations to Tapwater and and Julien! It‘s true that I didn’t have much vibe stuff going on, because there was so much to fix and glue together. I always try to be careful to not lose good taste and perspective and that point was almost reached. With this song I felt it was more important to make it speak and be immediate, so I focused on that. But hey, there are actually three or four reverbs on the vocal :cool:

For my pick I‘d take the T-Racks thingy.

Cheers
Mork
JulienMeirone

Post by JulienMeirone »

Good job to you too. I will pick my plugin after tapewater did ^^.
Tapwater

Post by Tapwater »

Hey, thanks for choosing my mix. I'll take the Metric Halo Character Plugin. Thanks!
JulienMeirone

Post by JulienMeirone »

I am not sure if it is possible to have a metric halo licence of a different plugin that tapwater chose but if it is possible i want to have the Channelstrip 3. if it is not not possible so my choice will be NOS audio roomer.
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mister Fox »

Only one company per winner. Once the company/license has been selected, it's not available anymore for this month.

Please brush up your memory on the Rules and Guidelines.

EDIT:
Responded to PM's by Mork and JulienMeirone, got nothing from Tapwater so far.
White Punk OD

Post by White Punk OD »

It's forum holidays.
I was thinking about the production. How close can we get to release quality?
The conclusion was, it needs international referencing.
( https://www.izotope.com/en/learn/12-gre ... erm=Jan+25 )

Ready is ready. I don't know where it goes without mastering. So, this is run through Elysia Alpha, Ozone Elements EQ, and brickwalled with Vlad Limiter 6, voluntary and outside the game.
Decisions: We must get much closer to the ear, and remove a bunch of veils.
Drums have to grow into modern super-size.
Guitars, as provider states originally, need serious upgrade.
Dynamics must avoid any break-in, when fortissimo kicks in.

Did not reamp any git, but threw a lot of hot stuff on the guitar bus, and I made a DI git bus, that got all the stereo reverbs, after a hot saturator. So, the distorted guitars are much closer, because they have no reverb, rather Thrillseeker LA (a beast!) and BX Console N. Git 5 Amp got a Haas delay, to prevail in the crowd.
Git total bus has Lindell Channel X for some more brilliance. It does compress a little bit also.
Vocals were stamped into the git spectrum with my own trackspacer technique. Voc rev got switched to Dragonfly Hall.
Very important: Meticulous vocal cleansing from ringing frequencies, with the auto mode by TDR Nova GE, and then manually tweaked further.
A multed bass track has LeGion, that would count as reamping, I let it distort quite a lot, but automated down during the quiet parts.
There is a drum+bass bus, that has BX Console N for its intense analog-style EQ, and quite an aggressive Lindell 354E to always fill the space, and then finally a saturator (Melda with my special preset), to make it more sizzling.

I hope it is allowed, and those who listen, will have fun.
Kindest greetings to Rahel.
*** https://drive.google.com/file/d/198_Gqu ... sp=sharing ***