2024-MAR-01 Info: Check out Songwriting Competition 079 if you're into "Synthwave" music making.

MIX CHALLENGE - MC079 August 2021 - Winners announced

Join the Mix Challenge - recurrence: February until December
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

MIX CHALLENGE - MC079 August 2021 - Mix Round 2 in evaluation

Post by Mister Fox »

It's the 03rd September 2021, 7:25 (UTC+2) - the 2nd Mix Round has officially ended.

STATISTICS
  • Sadly, not everyone has sent in an edit (@Christoph_K had to withdraw due to time constraints)
  • We have no wild card uses to advance into the next round (@Shubhashish decided not to use a "Wild Card", neither was my response PM read)
  • We have 1 submission after the deadline (@satchboogie, arrived on 03-SEP-2021 at 6:16 CEST -- thank you for submitting regardless)

Please check your upload links again (I could download all files), and have an eye on this thread for more feedback and a possible Mix Round 3, or announcing the final results.

I'm now opening up the room (again) for Q&A's and giving each other feedback (which is highly encouraged)

Please check out all other games on the community. :tu:

See you on the flipside.
dnlptn

Re: MIX CHALLENGE - MC079 August 2021 - Mix Round 2 until 02-SEP-2021 23:59 UTC+2/CEST

Post by dnlptn »

Hi @DIVESPANNER ,

Thought I'd try to give some feedback to your mix. Hope this helps.

I thought your mix was interesting, but the effects were distracting for the song. Sounds such as the water droplets and guitar tuning.
Since this is a romantic song and there's a story behind the lyrics (in a period before whatsapp was available), I would pull back on the processing - keep it more acoustic, highlight the guitars and also the vocals.

With the demo tracks, I find these (and reference tracks) are usually a good indication of what the artist's vision is. We should always be aiming to exceed it and make it better. Wouldn't necessarily always follow the sound as they may not realise what they are looking for, but the balance can be a good reference to decide where to place certain elements in the mix.
DIVESPANNER

Re: MIX CHALLENGE - MC079 August 2021 - Mix Round 2 in evaluation

Post by DIVESPANNER »

Hi @dnlptn ,

Thanks for taking the time to firstly listen to and giving me some feedback it is much appreciated.
I completely agree with your comments think I got a bit carried away and didn't really listen to the demos provided, will learn my lesson on the next one have listened to all suggestions on the demos just can't work out how to get that sound yet but all part of the learning experience.
Many thanks again for some excellent and constructive feedback and good luck in the next one.
DIVESPANNER

Post by DIVESPANNER »

Hi @dnlptn ,

Thanks for taking the time to firstly listening to and giving me some feedback it is much appreciated.
I completely agree with your comments think I got a bit carried away and didn't really listen to the demos provided, will learn my lesson on the next one have listened to all suggestions on the demos just can't work out how to get that sound yet but all part of the learning experience.
Many thanks again for some excellent and constructive feedback and good luck with this one and the next one. :phones:
javiramallo

Post by javiramallo »

Hi friends.

I'm sorry for the delay but here, where I live, it has been holidays which for me implies a lot of work.

I have finally been able to dive into round 2 mixes and I must say that you have made it really difficult for me.

Custom feedbacks could be common for the 7 participating mixes.

All of you have perfectly fulfilled the requests to achieve a mixture with the characteristics that I requested. Thanks for that. All the mixes are great. They are compensated and they sound pretty.

Unfortunately I can only choose one as the winner so after many laps I decided that the final ranking is as follows.

First place: Kirurg
Second place: dnlptn
Third Place: Gloo

Again, let me point out that all the mixes in R "are very good so thank you so much for the effort and work that I know I knew about this.

Special thanks Mr. Fox for being so outstanding behind the scenes.
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

MIX CHALLENGE - MC079 August 2021 - Winners announced

Post by Mister Fox »

First and foremost, congratulations to the winners!
We are ending the game here and do not go into Mix Round 3.

The Winners Podium is
1) @kirurg
2) @dnlptn
3) @Gloo

We perform with the usual - please select one license out of the pool (in order of the winners podium) and mention it in this thread, then (important) get in touch with me via PM with your full name, email address and your plugin selection. If one company has been selected, it's not available for the rest of the podium anymore.

I'll update the "winners podium" thread shortly.

Thanks again for your participation. You can leave the thread alive if you want to exchange tips/tricks, edits, etc.
And thank you @javiramallo for the positive words.

See you on the flipside.
kirurg

Re: MIX CHALLENGE - MC079 August 2021 - Winners announced

Post by kirurg »

Hi,

Thank you @javiramallo for choosing my mix !

Congratulations @dnlptn & @Gloo !

I pick Nugen Audio Mastercheck.
dnlptn

Post by dnlptn »

Thank you @javiramallo for choosing my mix and for taking the time for this challenge. Thrilled to make it to my first top 3.

Congrats Kirurg and Gloo too! Really liked @kirurg's mix too. Well deserved.

I choose Metric Halo Channel Strip please.
Gloo

Post by Gloo »

Thanks @javiramallo !

Congratulation to @dnlptn and @kirurg! :)

I'll pass the prize this time. Good luck to all in next competition!
Ronson79

Post by Ronson79 »

Congrats to the winners. It would be cool to attach the download links of all winners in one post to listen to them without searching in thread. Thx