2024-APR-11 Info: Check out our current running games Mix Challenge 097 and Songwriting Competition 080.

MIX CHALLENGE - MC080 September 2021 - Mix Round 2 in evaluation (staff taking over)

Join the Mix Challenge - recurrence: February, April, June, August, October, December
Square

Re: MIX CHALLENGE - MC080 September 2021 - Mix Round 1 in evaluation

Post by Square »

shoma wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 22:05 CEST
mattaroni_and_cheese wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 04:45 CEST
@Shoma hate to say it but your link is still asking for permission to access. When I go into Google Drive, I can right-click on my file, and then click "Share". This comes up with a screen with two sections; the top one says "Share with People and Groupd" is for adding people and permissions, but the bottom one says "Get Link" and "anyone on the Internet with this link can view". I think this is the easy way to sharing ! You can try it out in a different browser as well just to double check it. Good luck !
Yes, thank you. I know and I have chosen the "Get Link" and "anyone on the Internet with this link can view" option and if the screenshots I have linked to would have worked, you could see that this option had been set for all three files (mix and the screenshots)
After posting my file I went rushing through the last postings and there was another one, whose file was not accessable an I went "Ups..I'll better check my links". So I logged off from Google and tried to access the file, which indded was not accessible. That's when I changed the option to that you just mentioned and I could acess the file after being logged out again. I just felt safe.... :roll:

Edit: Just checked again with Cent Browser., which I usually don't use and which has never been used to log in to my Google account.

This link is working with Cent Browser, even if it also takes some 15 secondes to show the file. (Same link from original posting) and doublechecked user rights again...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1k3UbEC ... sp=sharing

Can anybody confirm, if the file is accessible or not? :shock:
I just want to know if I'm completely dumb :roll:
hi there mate, shame about the issues with your file, but being how polite youve been about the whole thing, im happy to include you in my listening and to pass on my notes the same i would for any other entry, just without the chance of going forward, for me, especially after seeing it from this side, i know that the timelines are quite tight and take a lot of personal effort and free time which can be made harder and more complicated if everything isnt ready to go on time, so from an organisational standpoint, and my personal opinion, its best to remain strict on this in general. Tho to be fair to myself and my past opinions, if current me said that to the past me that had some of his entries denied, we probably would have fought each other :smack: ... but understanding what keeps all of this running is just one of many things ive learned from this forum :educate:
LCM!

Post by LCM! »

I've just checked the link with another device and a different goggle account and it works :hmmm:
Square

Post by Square »

LCM! wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 17:46 CEST
Hi Square. I don't know what the reason could be given that I wasn't in the disqualified mixes PDF. In addition, there haven't been any change in the file or in my settings on Drive. So, I hope we could find a way to solve this inconvenience.
I hope Mr Fox to tell us what the procedure is in these cases.
hey, ya i double checked the sheet as well and it wasnt listed, but when i go to access it i get this message:

'Couldnt preview file.
Owner prevented downloads and playback of this audio file.'

Not sure what has happenned either.
Square

Post by Square »

LCM! wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 17:55 CEST
I've just checked the link with another device and a different goggle account and it works :hmmm:
thats strange, ive checked on 2 pcs on two different networks and on firefox and chrome and on my tablet, my tablet says the file was possibly deleted when i try to open it.

Im not sure what the issue is, and im happy to find a solution if possible within the framework, im just passing on what my devices are telling me when trying to access it
LCM!

Post by LCM! »

Square wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 18:06 CEST
LCM! wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 17:55 CEST
thats strange, ive checked on 2 pcs on two different networks and on firefox and chrome and on my tablet, my tablet says the file was possibly deleted when i try to open it.

Im not sure what the issue is, and im happy to find a solution if possible within the framework, im just passing on what my devices are telling me when trying to access it
I could reload the file or directly send it to you.. I don't know, the file is there though... :shrug:
acelo

Post by acelo »

Hi @Square, I can open @LCM! file using incognito mode in google chrome. Hope this helps.
Square

Post by Square »

acelo wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 19:43 CEST
Hi @Square, I can open @LCM! file using incognito mode in google chrome. Hope this helps.
Cool thanks, I'll try giving that a shot when I get back to my PC.

@LCM! this could still very much be a problem on my end, just trying to figure it out, I'll update later when I get a chance to sit down and go through some more entries.
Square

Post by Square »

@LCM! good news, incognito did the trick :phew:
AskAndy

Post by AskAndy »

Disqualification is acceptable. That being stated, My amateur system , being a mixing enthusiast , only is capable of 44.1K , nor do i wish to further strain my armature budget ,memory=money. So I will, in the future, REFRAIN from participating in challenges that require greater than 44.1K . Sorry to waste y'alls time with my hobby. Probably will still mix 48Ks but I won't clutter your pages nor subject reviewers to needless examination.
Maybe the next mix challenge will accommodate my limitations. Looking forward to finding out.
Nice work everybody. and mix on.....
LCM!

Post by LCM! »

Square wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 20:24 CEST
@LCM! good news, incognito did the trick :phew:
What a relief; hours that have been on the verge of being wasted. Thanks to acelo for your help; this kind of selfless attitude makes this place better I think. And thanks to Square, the provider, for his interest in finding a solution.