2024-MAR-01 Info: Check out Songwriting Competition 079 if you're into "Synthwave" music making.

MIX CHALLENGE - MC35 August 2017 - Winners announced

Join the Mix Challenge - recurrence: February until December
Tbase2000

Re: MIX CHALLENGE - MC35 August2017 - Submissions until 21-08-2017 11:59pm GMT+1/CEST

Post by Tbase2000 »

I'm going to give you a listen and a Private Message if that is ok. I'm a new participant also, but I think that is the way they prefer it here. Please correct me if I'm wrong but that's why I asked my previous question.
Tbase2000

Re: MIX CHALLENGE - MC35 August2017 - Submissions until 21-08-2017 11:59pm GMT+1/CEST

Post by Tbase2000 »

Do whatever you want but I think as people post their submissions it would be cool for them to receive some Private messages acknowledging that you have listened to them (community) and give them some private feedback. They have already submitted so their work is done. Nobody wants to join a group of 20 mixers who compete but don't talk to each other. I think Private messaging is the sexy cure for that. Give your feedback. Even the best professional is human and enjoys a compliment... Be human. I could see how flooding the Thread would get confusing for the readers...but come on...a private message is not that hard to send. 2 cents.
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mister Fox »

Going the PM route for feedback before the Mix Round is over and the "client" has responded, is actually a good idea. Else - please wait until the Challenge is over, then you people can go nuts in this thread. This is why it's here for. and this is why the idea is to share your settings/setup (read: documentation).

The most important feedback comes from the client himself though.
Photonic

Post by Photonic »

Hi all,

This was fun and hard work in the same time. I like the song a lot. Especially the change to the femal voice at the end, brings another color to the song. The hard work was to bring the voices to the front. The arrangment is quite full and agressive, but the voice recording are both quite gentle.

I used the dry guitar tracks and did the re-amping by myself, as you can see in the details below.

MP3: https://www.dropbox.com/s/j97ws11fi74z5 ... c.mp3?dl=0
WAV: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ras4ntdrt805p ... c.wav?dl=0

Reaper v5.33

Drum-Bus 1+2: Thrillseeker VBL, FerricTDS, ReaEQ, GClip
All Drums 1: ReaEQ and some also ReaComp
Perc-Kick: ReaEQ, Transpire (for more attack)
All Drums 2: ReaEQ
FenderBass: BassProfessor, ReaEQ, ReaComp
Codex Bass, Synth Dune 2 and Bass Drops: ReaEQ
Guitar Bus: ReaEQ, Thrillseeker XTC black
Guitar dry tracks: Emissary, Mercuriall Cab v3.0, ReaEQ
All pads and arps: ReaEQ
Blip synth: ReEQ, ReaComp, TAL Reverb III
Vox Bus: S.LAX
nVox2comp: ReaEQ, ThrillseekerVBL, ThrillseekerXTC, TDR Nova
Harm_oct: ReaEQ, S.LAX
Dist Vox: Boogex, ReaEQ, NastyDLA
FemVox: ReaEQ, ThrillseekerVBL, ThrillseekerXTC, TDR Nova
FemVox Echo: ReaDelay, Acon Digital Multiply, NastyDLA
BackVox: ReaEQ, S.LAX
Intro: Boogex
All other FX: ReaEQ

Reverbs: Uhbik-A, Acon Digital Verberate
Master: MQ57, Kotelnikov, SPAN
OctopusOnFire

Post by OctopusOnFire »

donkey tugger wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 08:58 CEST
Ever the professional, I only forgot to unmute the chanting! Fixed now.

A quick question for OctupusOn Fire; is the chanting and stuff from 'The Exorcist (original film)? I seem to recognise that screaming bit!
Nope, it's much more mundane :lol:
It's bits of videos from youtube that had a culty vibe, so to speak. They fitted in the theme of the song.
OctopusOnFire

Post by OctopusOnFire »

Okay, I have everything that has been posted so far! No problems getting it.

Still didn't check any of them, I'll be doing that during the weekend, writing some feedback and making up my mind about what we have so far.
Thanks for working fast and letting me do some work in advance :D
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mister Fox »

A friendly reminder:
Including today, 7 days left to edit and submit your mix
Waleed Morris

Post by Waleed Morris »

Hello Guys, here's my mix .

Wav : Wave file download link here
Mp3 : Mp3 file download link here
Ungifted

Post by Ungifted »

Hiho,

so this is my try ...i switched from mac to win and this is my first mix on this new machine. Obvisiously i had too much opportunities, now that this pc has a looot more power ...it's overdone in a not so good way. But after all this work, i will show my mix anyway...

mixed in Studio One Pro
- Softube Tape
- a lot of acoustica-audio plug-ins (Cobalt, Lime, N4)
- Guitars Scuffham-Amps S-Gear

MP3:
https://profi-satz.box.com/s/smcs4g4abk ... 3txsmky648

WAV 24Bit, 44.1:
https://profi-satz.box.com/s/xe4msi28ij ... lcx769q2u5

Donwload-Folder:
https://profi-satz.box.com/s/stw2nssti9 ... phg7mz1cip

Cheers from Hamburg
Bianca (Ungifted)