This is the introduction post, where we directly link to the challenge corresponding files (source files, submission information, sponsors) and start of the evaluation process.
We're revisiting a bit of Mix Challenge history with our first Mastering Challenge. In several ways actually. Being reminiscent of the Mix Challenge roots, and actually a long-time request to do "some mastering ever so often". To start things off, we're revisiting a winner mix from Mix Challenge #14 out of the year 2015.
To set some ground rules, I am this month's client (Mister Fox) on behalf of the songwriter Jeff St. Clair.
Please take note of the following
- IMPORTANT: It is now mandatory to provide WAV and encoded files (MP3 currently), files need to be accessible/downloadable, and please document your edits
- IMPORTANT: please use the following naming convention: MastC000_-_ArtistName_-_TrackName_-_ContestanttName.wav/mp3. The order of the tags might change in upcoming challenges - though this is up for debate
- It is highly encouraged to give feedback to each other, to share tips and tricks. Ideally, this should happen after the initial Mastering Round has ended, to not influence each other during the main competition round
Also please take note of the following
- We're desperately looking for new source material for future competitions (Mix Challenge, Mastering Challenge, Remix Challenge). Please follow our official campaign. No new tracks mean no more challenges! Please reach out!
- Social Media accounts can be found via the handles @MixChallenge (Twitter) and MixChallenge (Facebook). Please spread the word!
- if you like what the Mix Challenge (community) has been doing in recent months, please consider supporting us. For example with a voluntary monthly donation (this will mainly cover server and social media maintenance fees). Some interesting bonus perks await you through Patreon, and donors get a special rank on the forum.
This post will be updated with the corresponding links as we progress, and of course the suitable thread headlines. So please watch this spot:
Submission Period: General Information, Source Files, Sponsors
Results of the Mastering Challenge 001: Winners announced