recurrence: on occasion (if audio material is available, 2 times a year max)
- Posts: 34
- Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2017 07:21 CET
- Location: Sweden
Christian Lay wrote: ↑
Mon Feb 12, 2018 17:59 CET
What I´ve done in a nutshell:
1. TG 12345 (spectral pre-correction)
2. T-Rack Quad Image ( Narrow under 150 Hz)
3. Waves Q10 (parametric corrections)
4. Waves F6 (Dynamic Equing)
5. MannyMarroquinEQ ( MidBoost before Compressing)
6. FabFilter MB (Multiband Compressor)
7. NLS Buss Compresssor (just for glueing)
8. Slate FG-X (Loudness)
9. Kramer MasterTape (saturation)
10. Waves L3-LL (Loudness + Peak)
11. FabFilter L (Limiting with 4x Oversamling)
Just came here to check what you did to your master. Played around with Waves mixcentric yesterday and could swear I heard it on your master. Guess I was wrong.
Now when I'm here... Curious, did you ab the l3-low latency version against its regular version and what did you find out?
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 17:31 CET
I actually didn't use Waves mixcentric, but I'll give it a try. Honestly, I do not know what mixcentric really does.
I basically love to work with non-linear plugins, because of my "analog past". That's why I used the tape emulation, too.
But if there is really an audible difference between the two plugins (L3 and L3-LL) it's probably very subjective and very subtle.
- Posts: 135
- Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 03:16 CEST
- Location: United States
Getting a little concerned after no results from the last mastering contest and now none on this one or the current mix challenge
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2591
- Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 16:15 CEST
- Location: Berlin, Germany
Got the info from the client that he's mostly done and wants to get back to the band to ask for further feedback. Give him a couple more extra days.
MastC001 will get it's results eventually as well...
- Posts: 66
- Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 18:50 CEST
Little bit sad...but a month has passed...( bit depressed about no results yet.
- Posts: 82
- Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:59 CEST
- Location: Pocatello, Idaho USA
OctopusOnFire wrote: ↑
Thu Feb 15, 2018 22:48 CET
Thanks everyone for participating, and for the kind words about the song! It was my first full production for another band (even if I ended up programming all the synths myself).
I'll get all your files tomorrow, and will listen & prepare the feedback through the weekend/next week. Good luck to everyone!
Hello - anyone there? Did you forget that this competition was never completed? In 3 days it will be 5 months since you posted this statement. Just checking to see if there was any plan to follow up....