This is the introduction post, where we directly link to the challenge corresponding files (source files, submission information, sponsors) and start of the evaluation process.
There has been a long hiatus with the Mastering Challenge due to various reasons. Let us try to get back into the groove with a 15 year old production by Kevin Gobin that could really need some love and fresh touch. This render is the only available version of this production, so you have to make due with what's available. So please try to repair and touch up the production as good as it's possible to you.
Please also refresh your memory on the Rules and Guidelines. The Mastering Challenge is more strict with simulating a client-to-business scenario. If the edit is not according to specs, this would cost the client a lot(!) of money due to a misprint/wrong mass distribution in the real world. So please pay attention to detail and check your files multiple times.
You've got one shot at this - make it count!
Please take note of the following
- IMPORTANT: It is now mandatory to provide WAV and encoded files (MP3 currently), files need to be accessible/downloadable, and please document your edits
- IMPORTANT: please use the following naming convention: MastC000_-_ArtistName_-_TrackName_-_ContestanttName.wav/mp3. The order of the tags might change in upcoming challenges - though this is up for debate
- It is highly encouraged to give feedback to each other, to share tips and tricks. Ideally, this should happen after the initial Mastering Round has ended, to not influence each other during the main competition round
Also please take note of the following
- We're desperately looking for new source material for future competitions. Please follow our official campaign. No new tracks mean no more challenges! Please reach out!
- Social Media accounts can be found via the handles @MixChallenge (Twitter) and MixChallenge (Facebook). Please spread the word!
- if you like what the Mix Challenge (community) has been doing in recent months, please consider supporting us.
This post will be updated with the corresponding links as we progress, and of course the suitable thread headlines. So please watch this spot:
Submission Period: General Information, Source Files, Sponsors
Results of the Mastering Challenge 004: Winners announced