2024-MAR-01 Info: Check out Songwriting Competition 079 if you're into "Synthwave" music making.

Mix Challenge branches out to Facebook

News and Announcements resolving around the Mix Challenge community
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mix Challenge branches out to Facebook

Post by Mister Fox »

As of today, the Mix Challenge can now also be found on Facebook.

This expansion will offer an additional pillar for news, as not a lot of people have set up a subforum subscription, read the forum newsletter, or are on Twitter. It took a while since the initial requests back on KVR Audio. Apologies for that.

The Facebook page will mirror the same news posts as the Twitter feed is currently getting.

:arrow: You can find and follow the Facebook page / news stream here:
facebook.com/Mix-Challenge-1886018525001860 (temporal link! no short-handle yet)

You can also find a link to Facebook on the Patreon page, as well as the footer of the homepage.

I'm not one to beg for "likes" or anything, but please feel free to drop any if you're visiting and following the page. Facebook is a little bit strange to be honest (compared to Twitter, I'm completely inexperienced). Rumor has it, that bonus features will be unlocked for the page if there is a certain amount of like and user interaction (clicking links, sharing, etc). I'm curious to see if that will really be the case.

Thanks for reading. :tu:
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mix Challenge branches out to Facebook

Post by Mister Fox »

:arrow: Quick Update:
We finally have an official "short-handle" for Facebook!

You can now find the Mix Challenge Facebook page via the following link:
facebook.com/MixChallenge

The Facebook page will continue to mirror the same news posts as the Twitter feed is currently getting.

:?: Question
Facebook has an Event Calendar function. I'm not skilled with that platform yet, but to my understanding, this calendar shows up on the timeline automatically (need to read up on this). Would you be interested to see upcoming challenges listed as events?

Twitter can't do this - hence me pinning the most current challenge and sending out reminders. Feedback welcome
kevin gobin

Re: Mix Challenge branches out to Facebook

Post by kevin gobin »

Hi Mr Fox,

I think that could be cool.