2024-APR-11 Info: Check out our current running games Mix Challenge 097 and Songwriting Competition 080.

MIX CHALLENGE - MC089 December 2022 - Winners announced

Join the Mix Challenge - recurrence: February, April, June, August, October, December
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

MIX CHALLENGE - MC089 December 2022 - MIX CHALLENGE - MC089 December 2022 - Mix Round 1 in evaluation

Post by Mister Fox »

Current plan is "early next week". Please stay tuned.
Rawkinron

Re: MIX CHALLENGE - MC089 December 2022 - MIX CHALLENGE - MC089 December 2022 - Mix Round 1 in evaluation

Post by Rawkinron »

OK, WELL FIRST OF ALL YOU GUYS ALL ROCK AND THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO SENT IN A MIX. SORRY FOR MY DELAY AS I LIVE A REALLY BUSY LIFESTYLE.

HERE ARE MY RESULTS, IF YOU HAVEN'T MADE THE CUT DONT WORRY YOU STILL DID GREAT, THESE MIXES ARE JUST THE TOP 15.

FOR THE MIXES WHO DIDN'T MAKE THE CUT, KEEP UP THE HARD WORK BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL HEADED IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.

FOR THE OTHERS...... GOOD JOB SO FAR GUYS, BUT WE CAN STILL IMPROVE. NOW IT'S TIME TO TIGHTEN THINGS UP FOR ROUND 2! GOOD LUCK!!

JOHNNY11771 - GREAT WORK BUT TIGHTEN UP THE BACK GROUND VOCALS AND MAKE SURE TO CHECK YOUR LEVELS

ALAVAULT - GREAT INTERPRETATION OF THE SONG, LOTS OF COOL EFFECTS BUT WATCH WE DON'T LOSE THE ORIGINAL VIBE

ARTHUR LABUS - LOVE WHAT YOU DID WITH THE SNARE BUT I THINK YOU HAVE SOME LEVELING ISSUES TO FIX UP. IT ALSO SEEMS LIKE YOU HAVE SOME PHASING/CANCELING GOING ON

CHRISTOPH K - MAKE SURE THE VOCALS ARE UPFRONT, DON'T LET THEM HIDE IN THE MIX OR GET DROWNED OUT WITH DELAYS. CHECK YOUR GUITARS AND VOCALS. THERE'S SOME PARTS THAT SOUND OFF/AS IF SOMETHING IS CUTTING OUT.

EKVELIKA - BE CONFIDENT WITH YOUR MIX FOR ROUND 2 DOUBLE CHECK AND MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS SITTING WHERE YOU THINK IT NEEDS TO BE.

HAVOL - I FEEL LIKE THE REAL DEEP VOICE IS A BIT OFF TIMING BUT I LIKE WHAT YOU'RE GOING FOR, VERY CREATIVE. EVERYTHING ELSE CAPTURED THE ORIGIONAL VIBE PRETY GOOD. CHECK THE BALANCE ON YOUR VOCALS THOUGH I FEEL THERE ARE A COUPLE SPOTS THAT ARE OFF

HOEK - NICE SNAP ON YOUR SNARE BUT I TINK YOU HAVE SOME LEVELING ISSUES AND FX TIMING TO FIX UP. GREAT RUN AT IT. LOTS OF GREAT THINGS GOING ON KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

MICHAEL K - GREAT CAPTURE OF THE ORIGIONAL MIX BUT BE MORE CREATIVE

MORK - ANOTHER GREST CAPTURE OF THE ORIGIONAL MIX BUT THIS IS A COMPETITION PUT YOUR SKILLS TO THE TEST

RONSON - I FEEL LIKE THE GUITARS NEED TO HIT HARDER, THEY SOUND A BIT THIN TO ME. I SEE YOU ADDED SOME SATURTION EFFECTS ON THE MAIN VOCAL BUT DON'T OVER DO IT AND LOSE THE ORIGIONAL VIBE

SCOTTFITZ - I FELT THE GUITARS HAVE A NICE TONE/SATURATION BUT NEED TO MOVE A TAD FORWARD. VOCALS SIT NICE BUT THERE ARE SOME SPOTS THAT THEY FEEL HIDDEN, DRUMS SOUND A BIT HIDDEN TOO. ALL IN ALL GOOD WORK KEEP IT UP FOR ROUND 2

TIPTOE3 - I LIKE WHAT YOU DID WITH THE DRUMS, VERY ORIGIONL AND UNIQUE. COOL FX WITH THE GUITARS. ALL IN ALL SOUNDING GOOD. BRING YOUR VOCALS FORWARD AND GLUE THAT MIX TOGETHER

TOMIMMON - I FEEL THE GUITARS ARE A LITTLE OFF BALANCE. CHECK THAT OUT, BUT BESIDES THAT GREAT JOB WITH THE USE OF THE VOCAL STEMS. LOOKING FORWARD TO HEARING HOW YOU FINISH THE MIX

HJCHJC - DRUMS NEED SOME MORE PUNCH AND GUITARS NEED TO SOUND THICKER. IT SOUNDED LIKE I HAD A BEE IN MY EAR WITH THE CHOICE OF SAURATION/DISTORTION

ITSMOREFUNTOCOMPUTE
- CHECK YOUR VOCAL LEVELING. I FELT YOU HAD SOME SPOTS THAT ARE EITHER COMPRESSED TOO HARD OR ARE SITTING BACK A BIT TOO FAR.
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

MIX CHALLENGE - MC089 December 2022 - Mix Round 2 until until 20-JAN-2023 23:59 UTC+1/CET

Post by Mister Fox »

Thank you for handling the evaluation, @Rawkinron.

Ladies and gentlemen, let us kick off Mix Round 2, which will end on Friday, 20-JAN-2023 23:59 UTC+1/CET

As of this moment, that is 5 days (plus the hours since @Rawkinron's announcement, and I've updated the post). All Mix Round 2 participants will be sent a reminder via mail shortly.

There is a GLOBAL COUNTDOWN available to check for deadlines.
Just follow this link: Global Countdown (on homepage)

The following 15 participants go into Round 2 (alphabetical order), with "wild-cards" being pointed out (if present this month).
(all Mix Round 2 participants should have been pinged)

@alavault
@Arthur Labus
@Christoph_K
@EKVelika (Wild Card)
@Havol
@hjchjc
@Hoek
@itsmorefuntocompute
@Johnny11771 (Wild Card)
@Michael_K
@Mork
@Ronson79
@scottfitz
@tiptoe3
@TomImmon
 ! Bonus Info
Please read more about the "Wild Card" game mechanic here
Mix Challenge - Addendum: Statistic Sheet and Wild Card Mechanic

All Wild Card users are not only asked to apply the requested changes, but also to fix what they had at fault with Mix Round 1.

Please use the following filename template:
MC089__Hooker_and_a_Handgun__INFERNO__ForumUsername_R2.wav

The feedback to the productions can be found here:
Please see post #132

If you are unsure what to do exactly with your mix, reach out to the song provider and engage in a conversation here on the forum.
And please keep the Rules and Guidelines (post #6) in mind regarding submitting your entry.
alavault

Re: MIX CHALLENGE - MC089 December 2022 - MIX CHALLENGE - MC089 December 2022 - Mix Round 1 in evaluation

Post by alavault »

Rawkinron wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:20 CET
OK, WELL, FIRST OF ALL YOU GUYS ALL ROCK AND THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO SENT IN A MIX. SORRY FOR MY DELAY AS I LIVE A BUSY LIFESTYLE.

HERE ARE MY RESULTS, IF YOU HAVEN'T MADE THE CUT DONT WORRY YOU STILL DID GREAT, THESE MIXES ARE JUST THE TOP 15.

FOR THE MIXES WHO DIDN'T MAKE THE CUT, KEEP UP THE HARD WORK BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL HEADED IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.

FOR THE OTHERS...... GOOD JOB SO FAR GUYS, BUT WE CAN STILL IMPROVE. NOW IT'S TIME TO TIGHTEN THINGS UP FOR ROUND 2! GOOD LUCK!!

ALAVAULT - GREAT INTERPRETATION OF THE SONG, LOTS OF COOL EFFECTS BUT WATCH WE DON'T LOSE THE ORIGINAL VIBE
Thank you @Rawkinron for putting me in the 15s. However, I don't quite understand how my mix is different in terms of vibe compared to the reference. Maybe less volume for the effects ?

Anyway, thank you again, and good luck to all the other participants!
Rawkinron

Re: MIX CHALLENGE - MC089 December 2022 - Mix Round 2 until until 20-JAN-2023 23:59 UTC+1/CET

Post by Rawkinron »

That’s all I meant. Sometimes effects can change the whole vibe of a song so don’t overdue it. Cool mix though keep up the good work.
Christoph_K

Re: MIX CHALLENGE - MC089 December 2022 - Mix Round 2 until until 20-JAN-2023 23:59 UTC+1/CET

Post by Christoph_K »

@Rawkinron First thank you for giving my mix a chance for a revision.

I am not sure what you mean with „THERE'S SOME PARTS THAT SOUND OFF/AS IF SOMETHING IS CUTTING OUT.“ Could you please be more specific? Which parts are you referring to and what is it that you are hearing?

Cheers, Chris
Rawkinron

Post by Rawkinron »

Because it’s a competition I can’t tell you exactly where they are but there are two spots. One on the vocals and one on the overheads. It almost sounds like when you cut a part for edit but don’t fade it out before the cut and fade it in after the cut. Almost like those parts are skipping for a split second. Listen close and you can hear it. Other than that you have a killer mix.
Christoph_K

Post by Christoph_K »

Rawkinron wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 13:32 CET
Because it’s a competition I can’t tell you exactly where they are but there are two spots. One on the vocals and one on the overheads. It almost sounds like when you cut a part for edit but don’t fade it out before the cut and fade it in after the cut. Almost like those parts are skipping for a split second. Listen close and you can hear it. Other than that you have a killer mix.
Thanks for your reply. But with all due respect: I think the people here expect a feedback that actually pinpoints to the problems of their work and help them to learn and improve. The mix challenge is about learning, not guessing IMHO. Peace
Rawkinron

Post by Rawkinron »

Let me double check to see if I’m allowed to and I’ll let you know. No need to escalate the matter.
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

MIX CHALLENGE - MC089 December 2022 - Mix Round 2 until until 20-JAN-2023 23:59 UTC+1/CET

Post by Mister Fox »

Just to quickly check in, since I am very short on time the coming days. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Of course it is "allowed" to talk about, and pin-point the exact issues with a certain mix. Competition or not, this is part of the learning aspect on our community (the game simulates a client to business scenario after all). You experience/learn how to communicate, be on the same page, and create an outstanding product baded upon the wishes/request of the client.

Good luck to all Mix Round 2 participants.