2024-MAR-01 Info: Check out Songwriting Competition 079 if you're into "Synthwave" music making.

SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC018 February 2019 - Winners announced

Thematic Songwriting Competition - recurrence: monthly
The Exponent

Re: SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC018 February 2019 - Results in preparation

Post by The Exponent »

Mister Fox wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 18:54 CET
The Exponent - What are you afraid of?!

And yet another entry that hasn't been named properly (download)
SWC018_-_The Exponent_-_What Are You Afraid Of.mp3

This is what my download is named, may I know what was the mistake in the naming convention?

This is the rule posted on the 1st page:
Please take note of the following
IMPORTANT: please use the following naming convention for your productions: SWC000_-_ArtistName_-_TrackName.wav/mp3
Am I missing something here ?
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mister Fox »

Second mistake I make today - apologies.

Your file was not downloadable through your GoogleDrive link - else your file was named properly. No worries. Edited my post accordingly.
The Exponent

Post by The Exponent »

Mister Fox wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 19:34 CET
Second mistake I make today - apologies.

Your file was not downloadable through your GoogleDrive link - else your file was named properly. No worries. Edited my post accordingly.
No issues! :smile: But you clearly stated in your rules post that as long as the SoundCloud link is downloadable, it is not a violation of any rules. So I think I have not violated any rules this time. :shrug:

And I thank you for your detailed feedback on our entries, much appreciated! Mine was indeed a 7 hour production and hence there were a lot of rough edges in the final product. I'll be more disciplined next time and start work early to be able to put forth a polished production.

Note: Valve (creators of Dota 2) are okay with the use of their assets for non-commercial purposes, which this competition was. https://store.steampowered.com/video_policy
I will provide a WAV file from the next time onwards though.
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC018 February 2019 - Winners announced

Post by Mister Fox »

Ladies and Gentlemen, here are the results of Songwriting Competition 18

:arrow: The winners podium consists of:
  1. TheNeverScene (121 pts / 108 pts without staff vote)
  2. TrojakEW (108 pts / 97 pts without staff vote)
  3. The Exponent (91 pts / 79 pts without staff vote)

<4 participant rule is not in use (staff comments and votes)
We have no disqualifications
"Sole (License) Winner" rule does not apply - 3-position Winners Podium

IMPORTANT: This month's score sheet uses "staff votes". This is to show how future votes could look like, where every participant (up to 25 max) is getting points. The staff vote had no influence on the top 3 positions.

Here are the results as chart in image form:

Thank you so much for your participation. :clap:

:arrow: License selection:

We'll now perform with the usual. Selecting licenses is handled in public. Please select one license out of the pool (in order of the winners podium) and mention it in this thread, then (important) please get in touch with me (via PM) with your full name, mail address and your license selection. In case of the "Bjulin Waves" sponsorship - the winners podium can additionally select one "Inspire Me" package on top of the license selection (please mention that in the PM).

As usual - you're not forced to pick up anything. You can pass and therefore offer more to select for the next person in line (if there is a spot existing / not available for "sole winner" mechanic). Just let all participants/winners/the staff know in a timely manner.

Feedback about the "Songwriting Competition" is welcome (please do so here).

See you in in the next challenge!
TheNeverScene

Post by TheNeverScene »

Hi everyone, thank you for your votes and feedback! All of the tracks had something special and I really enjoyed hearing everybody's takes.

As for the prize, I will take Tone2 Saurus2.
I'm also interested in the" Inspire Me" soundset from Bjulin, but I'm not seeing anything about that on the provided link.

Cheers!
Mike
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mister Fox »

Regarding: "Bjulin Waves"

Looks like the page has been split into an artist page, and a separate shop. The new place for the sound sets is now https://audile.shop

Since the "Inspire Me" sound sets are bonus licenses, apologies in advance if that deal breaks away on short notice. I'm just as surprised as you are. I'll reach out to the license provider ASAP and keep you folks updated.
TheNeverScene

Post by TheNeverScene »

Mister Fox wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 20:46 CET

Looks like the page has been split into an artist page, and a separate shop. The new place for the sound sets is now https://audile.shop

Since the "Inspire Me" sound sets are bonus licenses, apologies in advance if that deal breaks away on short notice. I'm just as surprised as you are. I'll reach out to the license provider ASAP and keep you folks updated.
Thanks for the update on that! Here today, gone tomorrow :D

Edit: I don't have any of the synths included in the Inspire Me options, so that's that.
RichardClarke

Post by RichardClarke »

Just wanted to say a quick congratulations to TheNeverScene and the runners up.

I also want to thank you all for the feedback. I thought all the critism was very constructive, on point and definitely things that i will bear in mind in the future.

Also humble apologies for the track length and naming. Warning noted for next time!
The Exponent

Post by The Exponent »

Mister Fox wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 20:46 CET

Thanks for this information. Also, is the following highlighted item still available as a prize?
kv331 audio is kind enough give away a bundle of either SynthMaster 1+2 Bundle, or a freely selectable set of 3 SynthMaster Expansions (donations until Spring 2018)
License will not turn into NFR, you need to have a kv311 audio user account in order to pick up Expansions
More info on kv331 audio: https://www.kv331audio.com
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mister Fox »

Yes, it is. (sheesh - I really need to update threads)

EDIT: First post and homepage updated