2024-MAR-01 Info: Check out Songwriting Competition 079 if you're into "Synthwave" music making.

What age have we here?

If a topic is not fitting into the other sections, Please keep it civil and appropriate.
WARNING: No politics, no religious bashing, no hate posts - we don't want this here!
Auto-Prune temporarily disabled!
The Exponent

Re: What age have we here?

Post by The Exponent »

So, I just turned 30. I've been into music production and Reaper for 6-7 months now. The talent here is amazing! Feels great to be part of this wonderful community of diverse people.

Cheers! :tu:
TrojakEW

Post by TrojakEW »

I'm sure that I'm older then Dr Dendrite but don't remember how much :P . I rather not count years. Age doesn't matter. There is mental and physical age. My mental age is about 8 :lol: :lol: I'm still kid without developed brain. My physical age is well ehm ... regarding endurance, speed and power It looks like even now I'm in far better condition then 99% youngsters today. They had make fun of me and call me old mister during training session until I started "warm-up" session of training. Then they all drop "dead" after 15 minutes and I was one standing and smiling (and I doing this warmp-up together with them). You have to see they faces when I said this is just begining of today session :hihi: and we are ready for real training. Some of them doesn't come back to gym. Some of them retun after week when they muscle strain was "cured".

But really new genearation is lazy. Most of time they spent behind the computer or phone screen or rather said in virtual world. Some balance is needed. You have to train your brain but also your body. In life there is one big project that every one of us (every human on this world) wokring for our whole life without the rest. This project is you. Your body and your mind.
Dr Dendrite

Post by Dr Dendrite »

TrojakEW wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 09:23 CEST
I'm sure that I'm older then Dr Dendrite but don't remember how much :P . I rather not count years. Age doesn't matter. There is mental and physical age. My mental age is about 8 :lol: :lol: I'm still kid without developed brain. My physical age is well ehm ... regarding endurance, speed and power It looks like even now I'm in far better condition then 99% youngsters today. They had make fun of me and call me old mister during training session until I started "warm-up" session of training. Then they all drop "dead" after 15 minutes and I was one standing and smiling (and I doing this warmp-up together with them). You have to see they faces when I said this is just begining of today session :hihi: and we are ready for real training. Some of them doesn't come back to gym. Some of them retun after week when they muscle strain was "cured".

But really new genearation is lazy. Most of time they spent behind the computer or phone screen or rather said in virtual world. Some balance is needed. You have to train your brain but also your body. In life there is one big project that every one of us (every human on this world) wokring for our whole life without the rest. This project is you. Your body and your mind.
pictures or I cant believe it. internet is full of fantasies.

I agree, generational degredation is a real thing prodded on by addictive tech.... what was the thread topic again?
The Exponent

Post by The Exponent »

Dr Dendrite wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:42 CEST
I agree :hihi: TrojakEW comes across as a teenager to me, so it's hard to believe he is really older than 40 :nutter: :scared: :o
TrojakEW

Post by TrojakEW »

Dr Dendrite wrote:
The Exponent wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 09:07 CEST
I agree :hihi: TrojakEW comes across as a teenager to me, so it's hard to believe he is really older than 40 :nutter: :scared: :o
:lol: :lol: Yea I was teenager once. Some time ago. So here is session from 2017 where I was already little more then 40 years old. It is last round from 6x3min mitt work with friend of mine. I rather put some blur on his face because he doesn't like fact I posted this video. He will knock me again if he know :hihi: . He already knock me many time during sparring. He is monster I created. So yea I'm the smaller one without blured face. Enjoy :P .
Look at me
The Exponent

Post by The Exponent »

TrojakEW wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 22:42 CEST
Dr Dendrite wrote:
The Exponent wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 09:07 CEST
:lol: :lol: Yea I was teenager once. Some time ago. So here is session from 2017 where I was already little more then 40 years old. It is last round from 6x3min mitt work with friend of mine. I rather put some blur on his face because he doesn't like fact I posted this video. He will knock me again if he know :hihi: . He already knock me many time during sparring. He is monster I created. So yea I'm the smaller one without blured face. Enjoy :P .
Look at me
It's really cool! This inspires me to learn martial arts and get fitter. Thanks for sharing this Trojak! Apart from boxing, what else do you practice there?
TrojakEW

Post by TrojakEW »

We do also plyometrics and isometric exercises with weight vest to improve power, explosive power, speed, endurance. We also always do full body stretch. I also do there muay thai and wing tsun with another friend. But also a lot of running outside and and, and... :P.

What I don't do is bodybuilding workout with barbells. It is too boring. You just gain mass but loose endurance and speed. I need to move :hyper:. So I rather do cycling, inline skating and gymnastics.
The Exponent

Post by The Exponent »

TrojakEW wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 17:52 CEST
We do also plyometrics and isometric exercises with weight vest to improve power, explosive power, speed, endurance. We also always do full body stretch. I also do there muay thai and wing tsun with another friend. But also a lot of running outside and and, and... :P.

What I don't do is bodybuilding workout with barbells. It is too boring. You just gain mass but loose endurance and speed. I need to move :hyper:. So I rather do cycling, inline skating and gymnastics.
So you're more of a Calisthenics enthusiast? Really cool stuff! I've lost weight now over last few months by eating healthier and controlling my calories but I've been meaning to get some good exercise. What would you recommend? I plan on starting workout at home.

BTW, Do you work as a fitness or martial art trainer or this is just your passion/hobby?
TrojakEW

Post by TrojakEW »

There is no problem to train at home but I recommend at the beginning to find somebody that can help you to match the training to you based on current condition and also to watch over you so you do all exercise in proper form. Really important is to learn proper technique and body posture. I saw too many people that trained individually but with really bad form so they hurting they body more then helping it especially calisthenics. Later you just need mirror to check if you do you it correctly. Mirror is great helper. Most important is to find something that you will like. It doesn't matter what you will do but you must like it. Running, swimming, martial arts, calisthenics it really doesn't matter but you really need find something that you do not need force yourself to do it. Best thing you can do is to include some routine to your normal life. There are days that you really don't have time for training and this helps a lot. What I mean is for example I more then 20 years go to work on bicycle, inline skating or foot no matter the weather. So find some daily routine where you can implement any form of body training.

I'm certified box trainer but I was parkour, freerun trainer and also muay thai trainer. Last 5 years it is just hobby I'm now working mostly on myself. Keeping the balance. Music is my mind training while the all those sports are body training. I like balance. Tonal balance :lol: :lol: .
The Exponent

Post by The Exponent »

TrojakEW wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 19:26 CEST
There is no problem to train at home but I recommend at the beginning to find somebody that can help you to match the training to you based on current condition and also to watch over you so you do all exercise in proper form. Really important is to learn proper technique and body posture. I saw too many people that trained individually but with really bad form so they hurting they body more then helping it especially calisthenics. Later you just need mirror to check if you do you it correctly. Mirror is great helper. Most important is to find something that you will like. It doesn't matter what you will do but you must like it. Running, swimming, martial arts, calisthenics it really doesn't matter but you really need find something that you do not need force yourself to do it. Best thing you can do is to include some routine to your normal life. There are days that you really don't have time for training and this helps a lot. What I mean is for example I more then 20 years go to work on bicycle, inline skating or foot no matter the weather. So find some daily routine where you can implement any form of body training.

I'm certified box trainer but I was parkour, freerun trainer and also muay thai trainer. Last 5 years it is just hobby I'm now working mostly on myself. Keeping the balance. Music is my mind training while the all those sports are body training. I like balance. Tonal balance :lol: :lol: .
Ďakujem brat! I really appreciate this advice. I'll try to incorporate some fitness activity from now on, I think it will make my mind and soul also healthier.