2024-MAR-01 Info: Check out Songwriting Competition 079 if you're into "Synthwave" music making.

Tracks for remix competishun

Rules, FAQs and a place to post possible issues with both the webpage and the forum
Auto-Prune: every 180 days
EatMe

Tracks for remix competishun

Post by EatMe »

Hello,

I read you did a special shout-out to look for tracks in remix competitions.
There are about 150 songs with Renoise project files that are listed on my website.
When you need a track for the remix competition I would be glad to provide assistance.

Yours,

sir EatMe
http://eatme.pro
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Tracks for remix competishun

Post by Mister Fox »

Hi there,

interesting and vast selection of productions. However, I'm mainly looking for mix(ing) challenge material, not so much for remixing (as the participation has been too low (which is also somewhat tied to the Songwriting Competition - people want to "mix" more than "create" a production in the first place).

If you're interested in becoming a Mix(ing) Challenge client, then please go the official route via the contact form on the homepage.
EatMe

Post by EatMe »

I was more interested in remixes for productions than in mixing clientship.
This would introduce more creative space to my own production.
I would not really be waiting for around 60 different mixes of one of my own songs..
(and then to present these next to my over 325 tracks counting unheard discography.)

Thanks for the opportunity, anyhow.
Clueless

Post by Clueless »

Could you consider an open invitation?

No prize's, longer time limit, say a few months?
People could try out either a mix or remix, open to their interpretation?
Not so stringent requirements as a normal mix challenge?
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mister Fox »

I could definitely think about that - just "participating", no prizes. This might actually be a refreshing change of pace.

However, I see two main problems:
1) what about the Songwriting Competition
2) I already extended the Remix Challenge to 1,5 months... how long do you think shall this game run?

Finally - I still need a suitable song offering to remix, plus a virtual client. However in this case, the forum isn't the right place for this particular conversation. Which is why I mentioned going the official route via the contact form.
Clueless

Post by Clueless »

Mister Fox wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 07:22 CEST
I could definitely think about that - just "participating", no prizes. This might actually be a refreshing change of pace.

However, I see two main problems:
1) what about the Songwriting Competition
2) I already extended the Remix Challenge to 1,5 months... how long do you think shall this game run?

Finally - I still need a suitable song offering to remix, plus a virtual client. However in this case, the forum isn't the right place for this particular conversation. Which is why I mentioned going the official route via the contact form.
Thanks Misterfox,

I thought Eatme had offered something for a remix/mix.?
Could be broken down into 2 separate challenges (mix/remix)
As its just a challenge, could be a simple poll on best entry, as for period of time, this is something that would need some thinking about.

I understand I should go through the official contact system, its just a thought, it would be good to get feedback from fellow forum members.

Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mister Fox »

No, you're misunderstanding... we can (and should) talk in the open about such things, mechanics and stuff so that everyone is on the same page with this. However if it comes to client type of deals, then it should go through the contact script system (I really don't like doing this via the forum PM system).

EatMe indeed offered something - but all he did was "here is my page - I have 100+ songs there, choose one" - which doesn't really work in the long run for me (time wise). So I asked him several times at this point to reach out via mail and make a regular offer.

But so far, there has been nothing. :shrug:
EatMe

Post by EatMe »

EatMe wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 20:56 CEST
I would not really be waiting for around 60 different mixes of one of my own songs..
(and then to present these next to my over 325 tracks counting unheard discography.)

Clueless

Post by Clueless »

EatMe wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 02:45 CEST
EatMe wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 20:56 CEST

Sorry for misreading your post,, I'm just wondering whether their is opportunities in either the mix challenge or songwriting challenge for remix possibilities?
The work is already done in terms of WAV files from mix challenge and winners of songwriting challenge could allow for remix.
Just thinking :tu: :td:
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mister Fox »

We, in fact, already went this route once, Clueless. But the interest was super low back then.

Tell you what...

EatMe, please go via the contact form, present me 2-3 songs of you max as to what you'd like to see remixed. You have such a huge song pool, I can't decide for you. The thing is, you will still be the "client", as you declare the defacto winner of your production. The staff and other participants are not involved. See the (old) specific Rules and Guidelines on the Remix Challenge (they're a blend of the Mix Challenge and Songwriting Competition).

Your production/source material still needs to go through an Integrity Check - which is basically just checking if everyone is capable of loading/editing your material (you're using Renoise, right? Which is a very specific DAW), if there is enough source material present, the documentation is complete, etc. This is what the "Integrity Check" has always been about.

In the meantime, we can talk in public about a suitable length of a Remix Challenge, and whether or not this game is just "for fun" or with a winning mechanic.

But as long as I do not get a mail - I can't initiate anything.

EatMe wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 02:45 CEST