2024-MAR-01 Info: Check out Songwriting Competition 079 if you're into "Synthwave" music making.

SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC023 July 2019 - Winners announced

Thematic Songwriting Competition - recurrence: monthly
VCA-089

Re: SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC023 July 2019 - Voting until 01-AUG-2019 11:59pm GMT+2/CEST

Post by VCA-089 »

So everyone is waiting for me. Let's do this...

yuppi88

Pool party music here! It's vibe fits the selected theme very well. Nice selection of sounds and layering. I'd like if drums would be less hard hitting and more present throughout the track. It is only four minutes, but I felt a bit tired a the end of it. Perhaps some variety in chord progression and melody lines would hepl it to sound fresh.

MarkS

In general, nice track. The classic 909 drum kit and percussion elements works very well together. I like your melodies and pads, but something gets wrong whe they play simultaneously. Like they are in different keys and time signatures. Sometimes musical elements even breaks the groove. It would be great to have an overall feeling of development and more softer transitions.

SimaGT

I understand why this etry getting the highes scores. I'm getting instant flashbacks from late 2000's/early 2010's listening to dance music podcasts on the radio. Overall, great vibe, composition, sound design and mix. Sounds very smooth and balanced. At the moment I'm writing this reveiw you have the biggest score and your victory is inevitable. Congrats!
In addition: I'm pleased to know that someone found useful tools exploring my setup. You may also try ToneLib GFX. It is completely free and very flexible guitar software with many amp models and effects, and thankfully, it has bass amps. Try to use it with Ample Bass.

J I L L I A M

Well, I think it is a good conceptual track. It feels more like techno, probably it should be called tech house. I like sound design in general but there is too much distortion and noise and mix is very harsh. Good vocal processing and a kind of underlaying story. I think with further development you can make something interesting out of this.

Leonard Bowman

That mystical intro and oveall vibe is so outstanding! The sound design and mix is also good, very smooth and gentle, it sounds fresh from start to the end and helps get chilled, but I think I would use different timbre for main chord progression, sounds too much out of tune. Very good work overall.

canese

Interesting sounds and ideas, lovely tropical house vibes. Vocals feels natural even knowing that they are samples, nice processing and editing. The mix feels clear, everything on it's place, but I think it would benefit from more aggressive mastering.
► Show Spoiler
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC023 July 2019 - Voting until 01-AUG-2019 11:59pm GMT+2/CEST

Post by Mister Fox »

A friendly reminder:
24 hours left to submit your feedback and cast your vote

(reminder a bit sooner than usual, I've got a long and busy day tomorrow)
Richard Watashi

Post by Richard Watashi »

hey, can i post here a revisited version of the track???

If not, just tell me or, directly delete

I am just so curious if it is better?

Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC023 July 2019 - Results in preparation

Post by Mister Fox »

Sure, why not! The voting period has ended.

Will get you folks the results ASAP
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC023 July 2019 - Winners announced

Post by Mister Fox »

Ladies and Gentlemen, here are the results of Songwriting Competition 22

:arrow: The winners podium consists of:
  1. SimaGT (59 pts, Sole Winner)
  2. VCA-089 (52 pts)
  3. Leonard Bowman (48 pts)

Apologies for the waiting time, this is not an automated process.

<4 participant rule is not in use (staff comments and votes)
We have 0 disqualifications
We have 0 vote after the deadline - after valid criticism, I decided to "null" the vote
We have 0 users that tied
"Sole (License) Winner" rule does apply - 1-position Winners Podium

Here are the results as chart in image form:

Thank you so much for your participation. :clap:
This month, there won't be any back and forth on results.

:arrow: License selection:

We'll now perform with the usual. Selecting licenses is handled in public. Please select one license/company out of the pool (in order of the winners podium) and mention it in this thread, then (important) please get in touch with me (via PM) with your full name, email address and your license selection.

As usual - you're not forced to pick up anything. You can pass and therefore offer more to select for the next person in line (if there is a spot existing / not available for "sole winner" mechanic). Just let all participants/winners/the staff know in a timely manner.

Feedback about the "Songwriting Competition" is welcome (please do so here).

See you in in the next challenge!
Richard Watashi

Post by Richard Watashi »

congratz!!! :smile:

and now, can i delete the old version from my SC? I don't want to keep it there, as i have the revisit.

thanks for letting me know if it would be a problem
SimaGT
Wild Card x1
Wild Card x1

Post by SimaGT »

Thank you all for this pleasant surprise it is really motivational for me ! This month is going to be interesting to.
That's why i pick MODO Bass for my prize , and hopefully i will manage to test it in this month competition.
Kinda tired to jumping between various bass libraries ,and i think MODO is great "All in one" solution.