2024-SEP-01 Info: Every September, the Mix Challenge audio community brings awareness to the topic mental health. Please have a look at Songwriting Competition 085.

SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC084 August 2024 - Winners announced

Thematic Songwriting Competition - recurrence: monthly
Doc Jon

Re: SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC084 August 2024 - Winners announced

Post by Doc Jon »

Congratulations to @PonySho for the well deserved win :hail:
And congratulations to @TrojakEW for the podium finish (those bonus points can make all the difference sometimes!)
As always I am grateful to everyone that listened to my track and gave such useful feedback, and to @Mister Fox for his hard work and dedication in keeping the competition going.

Once PonySho has made a prize selection I am happy to pass on my prize this month
TrojakEW

Post by TrojakEW »

Congratulation to winner - @PonySho. But everyone does a great job too.

Again same as @Doc Jon I'm happy to pass my prize too.
PonySho

Post by PonySho »

Hi Everyone. Congrat's to @Doc Jon and @TrojakEW. It was a fun competition and I appreciate your song feedback.

Same as you guys, I'm going to pass on my prize, although I'm grateful for the opportunity. Perhaps these prizes can be passed on to the next three placeholders?

Thanks Mr Fox.
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mister Fox »

Well, this is an interesting twist for sure... the whole podium passes on a bonus license.

I can do the following...
Either roll the names of the bottom 3 (which are @Chasey24, @KukoBass and @VCA-089 - in that order), or go from "last place, going up until the "bottom ones" either made a selection, or "passed".

If there is still a license left over -- I can spin the "wheel" and offer something to the middle-field.

First time for everything. What are your thoughts?
Doc Jon

Post by Doc Jon »

Probably easier and quicker to offer prizes from the bottom up and then only do the spin thing if there are still licences left over
Chasey24

Post by Chasey24 »

Congrats to the winners. Well-deserved, IMO. As I previously stated, all compositions were very easy on the ears this month. Keep up the great work!
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mister Fox »

Well, okey-dokey!

I thought about this, and even though it's a tad more work, I would like to continue the random name picker route for the time being. I think this is more fair, considering that this is still a test-run and the whole podium passed on the licenses. Other games don't offer this, so having a bit of a final twist is actually a nice addition.

Should anybody from the selected names also "pass", then I will consider offering content to the middle-field. But step by step.

:arrow_right: We have 3 passed on bonus license selections:

The first draw went to @KukoBass this month.
The second draw went to @VCA-089.
The third went to @Chasey24.

Here are the screenshots as proof (the screenshots will be auto deleted in about 1 month)

Image Image

:information_source: As with the Podium:

Selecting of licenses is handled in public. In order of the name draw (see above), and only if you want to, please select one license/company out of the pool and mention it in this thread, then (important) please get in touch with me (via PM) with your full name, email address and your license selection.

As usual - you're not forced to pick up anything. You can pass and therefore offer more to select for the next person in line (if there is a spot existing / not available for "sole winner" mechanic). Just let all participants/winners/the staff know in a timely manner (within 5 days of this post). Once one company has been selected, it's out of the pool for the next person on the podium.

And this is also still valid:
 ! Bonus Info
As part of a new collaboration with Hornet Plugins, you are allowed to select either 2 plugins at a maximum value of 20 EUR MSRP for both, or one individual plugin of choice from the whole available plugin range (bundles are exempt).

Due to time constraints, I could not make a bigger announcement about this yet. Apologies for the inconvenience.
KukoBass
Backer
Backer

Post by KukoBass »

Thank you so much to all of you for your kind feedback and especially to the winner's podium for passing on the choice.

I'll choose the Musiclab RealPC.
KukoBass
Backer
Backer

Post by KukoBass »

Mister Fox wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2024 01:45 CEST
I thought about this, and even though it's a tad more work, I would like to continue the random name picker route for the time being. I think this is more fair, considering that this is still a test-run and the whole podium passed on the licenses. Other games don't offer this, so having a bit of a final twist is actually a nice addition.

Should anybody from the selected names also "pass", then I will consider offering content to the middle-field. But step by step.
I like the idea of the random draw, but I would suggest including the middle-field into the draw:
If the "passed" licences always go to the last 3 in the competition, there would be no incentive to produce better songs and mixes.
Someone with gear acquisition syndrome like me might be tempted to strategically aim for one of the last 3 places in hope that some of the winners will pass on their selection (I swear this was not the case this time or the last time).

I understand that giving passed licences is meant to improve their morale and perhaps give them some stuff that will help them to make better music, but in my case, it's definitely not missing gear that makes me land on low places, but the lack of time to learn proper mixing (I even already acquired a video mixing course, but I hadn't had enough time yet to watch it).
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mister Fox »

You bring up a valid point. This is why we're having a test-run, see how things go, what needs to be adjusted, etc.

I will take this into consideration for future games. :educate: