2024-SEP-01 Info: Every September, the Mix Challenge audio community brings awareness to the topic mental health. Please have a look at Songwriting Competition 085.

SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC083 July 2024 - Winners announced

Thematic Songwriting Competition - recurrence: monthly
Mellow Browne

Re: SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC083 July 2024 - Winners announced

Post by Mellow Browne »

Congratulations to the podium. And a big thank you to @Mister Fox for the feedback and all your effort! Much appreciated :clap:

PS: Thumbs up for the idea of "passing" the license to the next competitor :tu:

See you next time!
FixInTheMix

Post by FixInTheMix »

Thank you all again! This challenge has helped me a lot to become a better composer and songwriter, a couple of hours ago I finished my first Game Jam as a composer and sound designer and was able to make a couple of tracks in just 4 days that I´m very proud of, having consistency in making music through this forum helped me immensely.
I am going to pick MusicLabs Real Guitar as prize, I am very much in need of an acoustic guitar right now.
Im a bit exhausted right now but hopefully I can squeeze something for SWC84 before time runs out (fingers crossed).
Chasey24

Post by Chasey24 »

I like the idea of the license "giveaway". I don't think the licenses should go to waste.

I know we all spend a lot of our free time composing, learning new skills in music production, etc. Personally, I do these things for the love of music. I have friends and relatives that have asked me, "What's the point of spending all this time on music?". I almost always respond to their question with a question: "What's the point of your hobby(or whatever they spend a lot of time and energy on)?" They usually understand when I phrase it in that way.

Congratulations to the winners on the podium this month. It really was a pleasure listening to all compositions, but there were a few that stood out to me. I have most of the music written for this month's challenge...hopefully, I can submit it by Friday night.

Thanks to all participants and, of course, Mister Fox for the detailed feedback. You all have assisted me tremendously!
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mister Fox »

FixInTheMix wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2024 22:17 CEST
I am going to pick MusicLabs Real Guitar as prize, I am very much in need of an acoustic guitar right now.
I just requested the license for you, and I hope things will be sorted out within the week.
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mister Fox »

:arrow_right: Bonus Licenses

Great to read that you folks appreciate the idea of re-addressing passed on licenses. Both @Doc Jon and @TrojakEW are kind enough to offer that. Which means the participants that unfortunately scored the lowest now have a chance to pick up a bonus license. And that chance will be determined by a random name picker.

The first draw went to @Chasey24.

Here are the screenshots (the screenshots will be auto deleted in about 1 month)

Image Image

As with the Winners Podium, you now have the chance to either select anything from the available pool (company Musiclab has been selected already), or "pass it on".

The second draw went to @Crosshatched.

Here are the screenshots (the screenshots will be auto deleted in about 1 month)

Image Image

You can select a bonus license after @Chasey24 decided which route to go. Or you can pass it on, then the selection will automatically move to the last person on the "lower placement" (KukoBass in this case).
EsteveCorbera

Post by EsteveCorbera »

Many congratulations to the winners and to those who were able to win a license!!
And also many thanks to Mister Fox for his comments and to those who voted for me so that I could be in 4th place.
Thank you very much
Chasey24

Post by Chasey24 »

I have selected Lunaris 2 from Luftrum as a prize. And, thank you all for the feedback! I think it will serve me well to improve my compositions in the future.
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mister Fox »

I already sent a PM to @Crosshatched, and will also send out a reminder email in ca 10 minutes.

Since the name got drawn second with our 2 passed on licenses, I'm giving this participant until the end of Saturday 07-SEP-2024 23:59 UTC+2 to either make a selection, or pass on the license. In this case, the remaining offer will automatically pass on to @KukoBass.
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mister Fox »

It is now Sunday, 08-SEP2024 07:00 UTC+2 CEST.

Unfortunately, @Crosshatched did not comment on this any further, neither did I see any interaction via PM, Email or even a forum visit since 02-SEP-2024. The time has run out - I now have to assume that there is no interest.

Therefore the 2nd passed on bonus license will be offered to @KukoBass.
KukoBass
Backer
Backer

Post by KukoBass »

Thank you so much for the offer!
Is Tone2 Saurus4 still available? Then I'd like to choose that, please.