2024-MAY-01 Info: Check out our current running Songwriting Competition 081 - which offers an interesting twist and a focus on sound design.

SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC020 April 2019 - Winners announced

Thematic Songwriting Competition - recurrence: monthly
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC020 April 2019 - Submissions until 24-04-2019 11:59pm GMT+2/CEST

Post by Mister Fox »

[moderate=Mister Fox]A final warning for SWC020 and following

Please take note of what is written in the Rules and Guidelines
  • If you're uploading to SoundCloud, and the file is only downloadable through this platform, name the file properly
  • if your artist name differs from your forum user name, note down your forum username in the filename
  • cast your personal Top <nr> with the forum user names

Failing to adhere to the rule set will result in your disqualification as of SWC20. We have them for a reason.

Please don't make it unnecessarily difficult for both your fellow participants to evaluate your entries, and neither the staff that does count your votes. Thank you.[/moderate]
NERVA

Re: SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC020 April 2019 - Submissions until 24-04-2019 11:59pm GMT+2/CEST

Post by NERVA »

Hey guys, I finally posted my feedback in last months competition thread if anyone is interested.
Richard Watashi

Post by Richard Watashi »

Hi, i am "starting".

Name of the track: Heavy Exhale

Daw: FL Studio
Plugins:
- Harmor (bass)
- Slayer (guitar)
- drum tracks from various free packs and also, from stock

effects:
- Fruity reverb
- Fruity Compressor
- Maximus
- Bloody Overdrive
- Frerric TDS (saturation plugin)
- DemnsityKill (saturation plugin)
- Transpire (transient processor)
- Fruity Limiter
- Parametric Eq2
- Patcher
- Stereo Enhancer
- Fruity Delay

Samples:
A sample of the white noise from a free pack
A sample of a singing for my other song by a singer we are now making some music, chopped to 1 second
Some stuff from free crunk-step pack - bonus fx

TrojakEW

Post by TrojakEW »

J I L L I A M wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 06:33 CEST
Hi, i am "starting".
Fast as always.

I still analyzing some bigbeat examples in order to get some pointers.
Richard Watashi

i am so exited to hear your track. As well as of the others!
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mister Fox »

A friendly reminder:
Including today, 14 days left to submit your production
MarkS

Post by MarkS »

in this entry i tried to combine bigbeat elements with some ambient elements.i did not use any samples at all.
i just took some my self-created synth patches, some preset synth patches and mixed them with effects.

so the software used for composition:
drums-beatbox 2, included in magix music maker(the daw i use);
bass,pad, synths, fx,robotic voices-synapse audio dune;
piano-magix independence, acoustic piano patch;
vocal-Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra, chorus mixed patch;
effects-magix independence fx(which has a lot of effects) and built in effects of magix music maker.

and here is the link to audio:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5v7jrah4dz6s4 ... p.WAV?dl=0
TrojakEW

Post by TrojakEW »

Here is my experiment, ehm entry. I always trying to have some soft of story behind and this one is no exception. After short intro there are 4 parts represents different stage of "race". First three parts are more melodic while the last is aggressive almost chaotic part with some hard hitting cinematic toms. I used 140 bpm that is maximum used for bigbeat theme (thats what I found) and made kind of breakbeat drums patterns and in last part additional more punchy one.

Not sure how much I was able to fit the style but it was fun.

Made with FL Studio 20.0.5

Instruments used:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
8Dio Hybrid Drums
8Dio Misfit Toy Instruments
8Dio Misfit Toys and Baby
8Dio V8P Electric Bass Ensemble
8Dio V8P Analog Synth Ensemble
8Dio V8P Real Drumkit Ensemble
8Dio Hybrid Tools Synphony
8Dio Hybrid Tools 1
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Impact Soundworks Juggernaut Bass
Kontakt Factory Synth Trancistor Lead
Sample Logic Cinemorphx

Used Effects:
Ozone 8
Guitar Rig 5
Fruity parametric EQ 2
Imageline Maximus
OrilRiver
Amplio 2
toadhjo

Post by toadhjo »

Hey gang,

Not sure if I'll participate or not this month. I was working on something but I'm finding it hard to finish it.

In high school I was a big fan of The Fat of the Land, so I wanted to make a track in that vein. But it feels so dark ... I'm not sure if I have the willpower to see it through.

We'll see what happens. Either way I'm excited to see what the theme will be next month.
Richard Watashi

toadhjo wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 08:17 CEST
Hey gang,

Not sure if I'll participate or not this month. I was working on something but I'm finding it hard to finish it.

In high school I was a big fan of The Fat of the Land, so I wanted to make a track in that vein. But it feels so dark ... I'm not sure if I have the willpower to see it through.

We'll see what happens. Either way I'm excited to see what the theme will be next month.
Hey man, toadjho - just finish it for god's sake you can't put yourself down with anything like a piece of a music you have came with!

I want to hear your track so, do me a favour and finish it! That's an order! :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

HOpe you understand jokes... And, i was serious, though