2019-DEC-04 Info: Forum engine update and general maintenance has been finished (10:00am). Thank you for your patience.

Poll: Mix Challenge - Forum Profile Social Media Links

Ask us a question, give feedback, make suggesions

What other Social Media or Career Platforms would you love to be able to list on your forum profile?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:44 pmPlease note that results are sorted by decreasing number of votes received.

BandCamp
44%
Spotify
22%
LinkedIn
11%
iTunes
11%
Vimeo
11%
Xing
No votes
Minds
No votes
Pinterest
No votes

Total votes: 9

Mister Fox
Site Admin

Poll: Mix Challenge - Forum Profile Social Media Links

Post by Mister Fox » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:44 pm

I've been contacted several times via mail/PM, that the User Control Panel lists outdated Social Media accounts and web communication services. Those being Google Plus, ICQ and AIM specifically. One of the biggest requests was to "bar minimum offer Instagram".

As of this thread (2019-OCT-20), you can now list the following services in your profile
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • SoundCloud
  • Youtube
Additional to this change, the public "members list" has been simplified and the (up to this point: public) Social Media links have been removed. Currently only the web-page of a forum member is listed. In the future, I consider turning off showing a public member list altogether. This is more in line with other music related platforms where this feature has been turned off for privacy reasons, and to stop sign ups for the sole reason of advertising.

I'd like to however start a poll until 15th November, to get some feedback on what other Social Media/Career Network Services you'd like to be able to add to your profile. I've already set up a possible enhancement for Spotify, Bandcamp and Minds. But I'd love to get your feedback first.

What platforms are important to you?
Where do you present yourself the most?

If there is a certain platform not listed above, then please mention it in a follow-up post, along with a couple of words why you think that adding this to your profile would be beneficial.

Thank you for reading.

:idea: POLL INFO:
The poll will run until 16th November 2019 3pm CET+1. You can cast up to three votes. You are able change your vote until that deadline

Mister Fox
Site Admin

Re: Poll: Mix Challenge - Forum Profile Social Media Links

Post by Mister Fox » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:40 am

The results are in.
Looks like there is a strong interest in getting a BandCamp link on the user profile, with Spotify in close second.

Absolutely no problem!

:idea: HOW THIS WORKS:
In all cases - may it be Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, SoundCloud, and now even BandCamp and Spotify - you just enter your user ID into the form fields. Do not enter the full link! In case of Spotify, you do have a "custom ID number", in most other cases, a username.

Please enjoy these new profile additions.