2024-MAY-01 Info: Check out our current running Songwriting Competition 081 - which offers an interesting twist and a focus on sound design.

MIX CHALLENGE - MC063 March 2020 - Winners announced

Join the Mix Challenge - recurrence: February, April, June, August, October, December
White Punk OD

Re: MIX CHALLENGE - MC063 March 2020 - Submissions until 21-03-2019 11:59pm GMT+1/CET

Post by White Punk OD »

Hi everyone, hope you are all well!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KEXMKd ... sp=sharing

I love that song, so I tried something from the heart.
Sorry, uploading took forever. Worked on the mix only today.

Had to clean some noises.
Made lots of busses.

Started to tune with vocals and acoustic guitars.
Vocals got additional rendered effect tracks: subspace, harmonizers, distorted huskyness.
Lots of DeEssers. A number of comps, some parallel.

Then electric guitars, 2 were reamped.

Bass reamped with Ampeg, sidechained from kick.

Vocals sidechained into Acc git bus.
Vocals trackspaced into chorus fuzz guitars.

Only some automation.

A couple of exciters and comps on the stereo bus, no limiters.

Screen shots will follow soon.
Thanks and enjoy!
CantusPro

Re: MIX CHALLENGE - MC063 March 2020 - Submissions until 21-03-2019 11:59pm GMT+1/CET

Post by CantusPro »

Hi All,

I’m a hobbyist mixer, and here’s my submission and a brief summary of my process.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/a5k44yz7grg4p ... o.wav?dl=0

Oops! I think I missed the deadline.

Thanks for listening, and I always appreciate feedback

-Cantus
Last edited by CantusPro on Sun Mar 22, 2020 01:12 CET, edited 1 time in total.
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: MIX CHALLENGE - MC063 March 2020 - Mix Round 1 in evaluation

Post by Mister Fox »

It is the 22nd March 2019, 00:55am GMT+1/CET - the first Mix Round has officially ended

Once more, a very warm welcome to all new participants. A huge thank you to everyone that is spreading the word about the Mix Challenge. Please help get the Songwriting Competition as popular (6 submission as of the moment of this time-stamp, and 3 days left).

STATISTICS:
  • If I didn't miscount, we have 101 submissions this month (will be updated ASAP)
  • We have 2 submission after the deadline (as warned with MC062 and previously in this thread, you should not have submitted at the last minute)

Please check all if your links again, make them downloadable(!). Please also update your posts with documentation for others to learn from (see Rules & Guidelines).

I now open the field for everyone to give each other feedback (highly encouraged). This will be independent to the client feedback however.

Please watch this spot for the client feedback and Mix Round 2 participant announcement.

Good luck to all participants.

:arrow: The Songwriting Competition 31 (SWC31) is still in full swing.
The deadline is 24th March 2020, 11:59pm GMT+1/CET.

We're also in desperate need for more material for future Mix Challenge competitions. There have been some offering in recent weeks, and I'll get to them ASAP. But overall we're sadly not out of the woods yet. In order to keep the Mix Challenge up and running, we need a constant pool of 5-6 productions in the queue.

Please spread the word!
anknim2308

Post by anknim2308 »

Mister Fox wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 00:57 CET
It is the 22nd March 2019, 00:55am GMT+1/CET - the first Mix Round has officially ended

Once more, a very warm welcome to all new participants. A huge thank you to everyone that is spreading the word about the Mix Challenge. Please help get the Songwriting Competition as popular (6 submission as of the moment of this time-stamp, and 3 days left).

STATISTICS:
  • If I didn't miscount, we have ??? submissions this month (will be updated ASAP)
  • We have 2 submission after the deadline (as warned with MC062 and previously in this thread, you should not have submitted at the last minute)

Please check all if your links again, make them downloadable(!). Please also update your posts with documentation for others to learn from (see Rules & Guidelines).

I now open the field for everyone to give each other feedback (highly encouraged). This will be independent to the client feedback however.

Please watch this spot for the client feedback and Mix Round 2 participant announcement.

Good luck to all participants.

:arrow: The Songwriting Competition 31 (SWC31) is still in full swing.
The deadline is 24th March 2020, 11:59pm GMT+1/CET.

We're also in desperate need for more material for future Mix Challenge competitions. There have been some offering in recent weeks, and I'll get to them ASAP. But overall we're sadly not out of the woods yet. In order to keep the Mix Challenge up and running, we need a constant pool of 5-6 productions in the queue.

Please spread the word!
Due to coronavirus pandemic my internet was disconnected in night. I cam across this thread yesterday only i prepard my mix in less than 6 hours and in night i started feeling uneasy and not able to take breath so my submission got delayed by sometime. Its upto mod for allowing me or not. Sorry for inconvenience.. Happy MIxing!!
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mister Fox »

anknim2308 wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:19 CET
Due to coronavirus pandemic my internet was disconnected in night. I cam across this thread yesterday only i prepard my mix in less than 6 hours and in night i started feeling uneasy and not able to take breath so my submission got delayed by sometime. Its upto mod for allowing me or not. Sorry for inconvenience.. Happy MIxing!!
Sorry, but there are several "Global Countdowns" and World Clocks on this page. The rules have been made clear from the start.

In fairness to all other participants, I can't make any exceptions.
See you in the next challenge.
CeZar

Post by CeZar »

So lads,
Either this evening or tomorrow evening I'll get back to y'all with the 10 round 2 participants. Sorry for the delay, I'm working from home on a few projects at a time because gigs are canceled and rent needs to be payed, so I was a bit overwhelmed.
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mister Fox »

I think we're all pretty much aware of the worldwide situation, and how this has an influence on priorities.
No rush on Mix Round 2 - take your time. :thumbsup:
simola

Post by simola »

Yep! I know I am late, but just want to share my take on this fine song :) Please listen and give me feedback on the mix!

Used a lot of Slate plugins on this song including their new Infinity EQ which is my new goto EQ now. Great song! It was fun to mix it.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LlR2V ... YEHqCg3Y3E
GregL

Post by GregL »

CeZar wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:42 CET
So lads,
Either this evening or tomorrow evening I'll get back to y'all with the 10 round 2 participants. Sorry for the delay, I'm working from home on a few projects at a time because gigs are canceled and rent needs to be payed, so I was a bit overwhelmed.
Hey, no problem CeZar. Take all the time you need. We're sure you have more important issues to take care of than this mix challenge. I hope you, your friends, and your family are well. Take care and be safe out there. :smile: