2024-JUN-02 Info: Happy 10 Years Anniversary, everyone! Check out our current running games Mix Challenge 098 and Songwriting Competition 082.

MIX CHALLENGE - MC093 August 2023 - Winners announced

Join the Mix Challenge - recurrence: February, April, June, August, October, December
scottfitz
Backer
Backer

Re: MIX CHALLENGE - MC093 August 2023 - Mix Round 1 in evaluation

Post by scottfitz »

Punchipum wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 06:44 CEST
What's meaning an X in the overview sheet? Am I disqualified?
You are tagged disqualified but not fully out. If your mix is chosen for the next round by the song provider then you can use 1 of 2 wildcards to bring yourself back in to the running.

Good luck
ggibson1988

Post by ggibson1988 »

What happened? No posts in 8 days???
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

MIX CHALLENGE - MC093 August 2023 - Mix Round 1 in evaluation

Post by Mister Fox »

The Mix Round 1 is still in evaluation.

Both the Song Provider and I will update the thread once we'll go into Mix Round 2.

Please also consult the Rule Book regarding the evaluation process. :educate:
ggibson1988

Post by ggibson1988 »

I understand the rules regarding evaluation. However, I don't remember seeing a lull this long in general conversation.
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mister Fox »

There is a simple solution to that... :thinking:

Spark a conversation! Ask questions about other mixes. For example: "I like your vocal edit, how did you do that?!" or "can you please get a bit more in-depth how you created your drum sound?". Things like that.

We will keep you updated on the status of the game. :educate:
trackerjack

Post by trackerjack »

I'm curious, what do you guys think about the demo version that was included (2009 recording)?

IMO, the second half is pretty awesome, from middle eight / spacey bridge to the end.
Great performance, nice lead vocal sound (would love to know what mic(s) was being used then).

I love the organ sound, too, is it a B-3?
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
1ktone

Post by 1ktone »

I have become somewhat obsessed with this track. It has so many great elements in it that I’ve been using it as my “get to know my DAW” track since the submission period closed. The tracks were recorded really well and there are so many little nuances in there that the jigsaw puzzle that it is just gets deeper the longer you spend in it. It would be nice to have a time machine to go back and redo the initial submission. Mainly because now my picture of it has changed considerably and I don’t think I gave it the respect that it deserves. Not that I mind what I did, but my viewpoint has definitely shifted from where I was and who I was at that moment in time.

Funny thing music and mixing.
trackerjack

Post by trackerjack »

Yeah, me too. Can't stop listening to it.
Some proper goosebumps moments in there, for sure.
Last edited by trackerjack on Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:07 CEST, edited 1 time in total.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
trackerjack

Post by trackerjack »

Edit: :shrug:
Last edited by trackerjack on Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:12 CEST, edited 3 times in total.
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mister Fox »

I have informed our Song Provider @Gaz (Williams) that there are technical questions about previous versions of this particular song. Things I can not answer. I hope he'll get to answer that within the coming days.

On that behalf, Mix Round 1 is still in evaluation -- things take a bit longer than planned. Private life and other obligations are a thing. I kindly ask everyone to please have some more patience. Mix Round 2 will still happen this September.

Yes, I can also confirm that "The Gaz Williams Show" from 10-MAR-2021 (Live Stream with focus on the "Rocketgoldstar" album) is quite the informative treat - as already mentioned in post #014, and once more in post #016. Unfortunately, there is no clear summary for this 3 hour runtime, but there are quite a lot of bonus details seeded throughout the whole stream.

Other than that... I would love to to see more interaction between participants. You are encouraged to not only give feedback to each other. If this isn't your strong suit, what about reminiscing about your learning experience this month? What did you gather, what will try in future mixes? :educate: