2024-SEP-01 Info: Every September, the Mix Challenge audio community brings awareness to the topic mental health. Please have a look at Songwriting Competition 085.

SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC082 June 2024 - Winners announced

Thematic Songwriting Competition - recurrence: monthly
TrojakEW

Re: SONGWRITING COMPETITION - SWC082 June 2024 - Winners announced

Post by TrojakEW »

Sorry for late reply. Busy gain. Congrats to all for and and especially @BenjiRage and @VCA-089. I always read reviews of all users for all the track to find out more about how others perceive something I have listened too. This also quite good way to learn. I learn a lot different thinks during different competition like KVR OSC that this also include SVC, where tanks to @Mister Fox I learn a lot too especially about mixing and mastering. Still a lot to learn.

I was thinking about passing the prize but I recently was looking for interesting upright/double bass and find out that Modo Bass 2 have it. So if I can I would like to try by myself how it really sound. Thank you.
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mister Fox »

Only KV311 Audio has been selected (@BenjiRage), and @VCA-089 passed on a license selection. So IK Multimedia is still available to select, indeed.
BenjiRage
Wild Card x1
Wild Card x1

Post by BenjiRage »

AuderMarr wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2024 01:30 CEST
Sorry for being late, finally I can give my congratulations to the winners! :clap:

My second-to-last place was well deserved, I'll never submit my entries so late again, especially if produced that lousily.

Since the June competition is over, as I anticipated, I can leave you the link to the more polished version of "Lucid Sweltering Dreams". It's still not perfect but meh, this ship has sailed and gone away. Time to get on with another project!

This is much improved and feels way more polished in terms of both the song and the mix, nice work :smile:
BenjiRage
Wild Card x1
Wild Card x1

Post by BenjiRage »

I thought I'd share this pic I took of my garden this evening; it was a glorious sunset at home tonight and this is pretty much the image I had in my mind when I wrote the music

EsteveCorbera

Post by EsteveCorbera »

What a beautiful garden and what a cool park across the street
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mister Fox »

Nice garden, indeed.

:arrow_right: Also a quick update:
All requested licenses have been addressed.
BenjiRage
Wild Card x1
Wild Card x1

Post by BenjiRage »

Thanks, guys! :hug:
APi_ZZ

Post by APi_ZZ »

Hi y'all,

-uh- it is a bit late, actually two weeks late, to give a little feedback to all the honest comments re my AI tune.

First -- for those who fear I shy from doing real/own stuff: Eventually see/hear my usual stuff,
either here https://soundcloud.com/api_zz or the older ones if you follow the links there ...

But, this time, I just surrendered to that experimental idea of giving in to AI.
I admit: I often am surprised with what varieties UDIO or SUNO come up nowadays, they have progressed quite a bit recently.
My experiments with them may heard here https://soundcloud.com/api_zz/sets/asto ... inventions

All your critisms re artifacts, loudness issues, tonal quality, mixing misses, timimg inconsistencies et al are valid and founded.
But if I listen around in these times, anything seems possible, even the impossible. An educative hour of listening is the Power Hour at RepostExchange. The range presented there is kinda all-embracing, from total garbage, hilarious, filthy bedroom rap to highend blues rock or hourlong DJ mixes. Dipping in there reveals (at least to me) that musical rules only seem to be a small part of today's success.
If there is any ... :wink:

So, eventually, I'll show up again with who-knowns-what ... :tu: