2024-OCT-01 Info: We're celebrating 10 years of our small community, and our 100th Mix(ing) Challenge. Many games to participate in this month - please have a look.

Mix Challenge - General Gossip Thread

Ask us a question, give feedback, join surveys, make suggestions
Cadence Soundlabs
Wild Card x1
Wild Card x1

Re: Mix Challenge - General Gossip Thread

Post by Cadence Soundlabs »

I'm sorry. I didn't see the note about no white spaces in the Rules and Guidelines. I will take note of this for the future...

Thanks for your time and effort.
amtown

Post by amtown »

I posted this on discord as well but wasn't sure how active it is so... I just wanted to make sure I am using the forum webpage correctly. Regarding the mix challenge, Am I supposed to hold off on giving mix feedback? "Post #000 -- Mix Round 2: Global Feedback and Round 2 Participant Announcement"
Guitarist since '95 | Volunteer church FOH since 2016 | Home studio enthusiast since 2018
amtown

Post by amtown »

Just spitballing here but... Hope this is the appropriate palce for this post. I see some confusion regarding the mix challenge rules. It can be overwhelming for newcomers who are also familiarizing themselves with general forum rules, making it easy to overlook important information. While I appreciate the effort already invested in this site, I recommend possibly creating a couple of YouTube videos to help new visitors navigate the rules more easily—one for the mix challenge and another for the forum in general. These could be chaptered for each point or formatted as a series of searchable shorts with an index of links to accompany the written rules. I understand this would require quite a bit of additional work from the Admin(s), but it could help prevent headaches and frustrations in the future. A hurdle; however, there could be language barriers making this idea not worht it.. Like I said, just spitballing. :wink:
Guitarist since '95 | Volunteer church FOH since 2016 | Home studio enthusiast since 2018
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mix Challenge - General Gossip Thread

Post by Mister Fox »

amtown wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2024 14:20 CEST
...Regarding the mix challenge, Am I supposed to hold off on giving mix feedback? "Post #000 -- Mix Round 2: Global Feedback and Round 2 Participant Announcement"
Has been answered on Discord - just for completeness sake:
You can give feedback, if you want to. However, feedback during the first Mix Round is usually not a thing to prevent influencing others and maybe scaring off (especially new) participants to be like "whoops, I did a mistake... got to re-upload".

amtown wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2024 14:49 CEST
Just spitballing here but... Hope this is the appropriate palce for this post. I see some confusion regarding the mix challenge rules. It can be overwhelming for newcomers who are also familiarizing themselves with general forum rules, making it easy to overlook important information.
This is why each multi-track Mix Pack has a set of TXT files. One of them being the "TL;DR Rules.txt", for the very purpose of scenarios like "I didn't know Rule ABC existed" or "rules are too much".

amtown wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2024 14:49 CEST
While I appreciate the effort already invested in this site, I recommend possibly creating a couple of YouTube videos to help new visitors navigate the rules more easily—one for the mix challenge and another for the forum in general. These could be chaptered for each point or formatted as a series of searchable shorts with an index of links to accompany the written rules. I understand this would require quite a bit of additional work from the Admin(s), but it could help prevent headaches and frustrations in the future. A hurdle; however, there could be language barriers making this idea not worht it.. Like I said, just spitballing. :wink:
The TL;DR:
Was "taken into consideration" many years ago already (see Rule Book in long form). However, time constraints are a thing. There are only so many hours in the day.
amtown

Post by amtown »

@Mister Fox thanks for taking the time to respond! Yes, if we just had a few more hrs in the day.