2024-OCT-01 Info: We're celebrating 10 years of our small community, and our 100th Mix(ing) Challenge. Many games to participate in this month - please have a look.

MIX CHALLENGE - MC100 October 2024 - Mix Round 1 in evaluation

Join the Mix Challenge - recurrence: February, April, June, August, October, December
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mister Fox »

Song Provider ping has been fixed.

Things like these can be easily overlooked - apologies for the inconvenience.
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mister Fox »

I just checked the accessibility of all entries, and whether or not I might have missed one on my HDD.
I still got some remaining questions and requests before I can move on to creating the Statistic Sheets.

:arrow_right: Off-site redistribution agreement -- directed at: @Peter Savad, @Rockincher, @CMSound

It's nice to see that you used Youtube / Soundcloud to present your edits. However, I am kindly asking you to properly use the provided template from the agreement. Please note:

Code: Select all

Artist: SilverStoned
Artist Link: https://www.facebook.com/silverstonedband

Song produced by: Jeroen Zuiderwijk
Producer Link: https://www.youtube.com/@schaduwmail

Song name: MrRockNRoll
Mixed as part of a competition by: <mix participant>

The Source Material has been kindly provided by Jeroen Zuiderwijk for
MC0100 / October 2024 on the Mix Challenge audio community. You
have been granted limited redistribution rights as part of a 
portfolio presentation.

Please consult the following page for further information:
https://www.mix-challenge.com
Please give credit where credit is due. Do not remove any of the lines (e.g. the link to the Mix Challenge audio community). If you do not adhere to this agreement, the Song Provider @JeroenZuiderwijk has the right to request any removal of the uploaded material.

:arrow_right: Documentation Questions

I kindly ask to get the following open questions sorted out by Wednesday, 23-OCT-2024 23:59 UTC+2.
(a bit more than 36 hours from now)

@kieran515s -- you didn't provide any documentation, and you were asked by a fellow mix participant if you used Drum Shell Replacement / Drum Sample Triggering with your mix. Please clarify what you did with your entry - you have until Wednesday, 23-OCT-2024 23:59 UTC+2.

@Nichiz -- this entry lacks documentation as well. As per the given Rules and Guidelines, please provide additional insight as to what you did with your mix. You also have until Wednesday, 23-OCT-2024 23:59 UTC+2.

@MixyMcMixFace -- please clarify what you mean with "copy/paste that was used" and "I dragged the FX channel forward a bar in places." (as these would be possible arrangement changes)

@LCM! -- please clarify what you mean with "autosampling of the original track" (e.g. - do you mean: Matching EQ?)

@Gunnar -- please clarify which "TRAX" plugin you mean. (e.g. Flux IRCAM Trax, Analog Obsession TRAX, Thenatan TRAX, etc.) I have a vague idea what you might mean. However, I'd just like to make sure.

:arrow_right: Afterword...

I'm also still waiting for a response from @drunk-ffx regarding "misaligned" multi-tracks. I'd like to know what this user thought that went wrong, so that this can be prevented with future Mix(ing) Challenges. :educate:

I've also been contacted by various community users via PM regarding rule clarifications -- unfortunately, some of them didn't join MC100. Maybe with MC101 December. :thinking:

Thank you.
LCM!

Re: MIX CHALLENGE - MC100 October 2024 - Mix Round 1 in evaluation

Post by LCM! »

Mister Fox wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2024 10:28 CEST

@LCM! -- please clarify what you mean with "autosampling of the original track" (e.g. - do you mean: Matching EQ?)
Hello. I was expecting you would ask me for some clarification, honestly.
What I mean by this "autosampling" technique is that I set up a send from the snare track to another one where I put a sample of the entire track into ReaSamplomatic5000. I then select just one hit from the entire track (to my liking) so that every time the snare hits a certain level the sample track is triggered. In my defense I say I'm not using a different signal - it's the same snare and I get a more consistent one (I think).
Both signals are blended to taste.
I hope this technique is within the rules. In any case the issue would be settled for future Challenges.
Thanks (whatever you decide).
Gunnar

Re: MIX CHALLENGE - MC100 October 2024 - Mix Round 1 in evaluation

Post by Gunnar »

Mister Fox wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2024 10:28 CEST

@Gunnar -- please clarify which "TRAX" plugin you mean. (e.g. Flux IRCAM Trax, Analog Obsession TRAX, Thenatan TRAX, etc.) I have a vague idea what you might mean. However, I'd just like to make sure
Hi @Mister Fox , I used the Transient Designer TRAX by Analog Obsession.