2024-MAY-01 Info: Check out our current running Songwriting Competition 081 - which offers an interesting twist and a focus on sound design.

MIX CHALLENGE - MC097 April 2024 - Mix Round 1 in evaluation

Join the Mix Challenge - recurrence: February, April, June, August, October, December
Clueless

Re: MIX CHALLENGE - MC097 April 2024 - Submissions until 21-APR-2024 23:59 UTC+2/CEST

Post by Clueless »

Here's an attempt
Volume set
Added compression to vocals, drums etc
Added reverb to each component as needed, both plate & room
Mixed into out buss, which had desk & tape, no compression or clip plugs
Mainly used Airwindows & freeware
16 lufs I'm hoping

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dF9z7R ... sp=sharing
A Future in Noise
Song Provider
Song Provider

Re: MIX CHALLENGE - MC097 April 2024 - Submissions until 21-APR-2024 23:59 UTC+2/CEST

Post by A Future in Noise »

You are flagrantly breaking the rules, @rijavia. Not just one of them. I therefor ask you to take down my song Get A Grip from Soundcloud, alternatively supplement with "Full Credits" according to the provisions of the off-site redistribution agreement. At the same time, I would like to point out that you will still be disqualified.

Maybe @Mister Fox should have a look at this?

(Also: in the last 21 hours there has been posted an entry that's incorrectly named (and in MP3 format) and one submission that I don't have access to at all.)
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

MIX CHALLENGE - MC097 April 2024 - Submissions until 21-APR-2024 23:59 UTC+2/CEST

Post by Mister Fox »

I do not step into any of this at all.

⚠ Moderation Message from Mister Fox  
By joining any of the games run on the Mix Challenge audio community, you agree to adhere to the given "Rules and Guidelines".

Those rules can be found:
  • via the "Before we get started" section of post #001
  • at the dedicated Rule Book
  • is bundled with each multi-track Mix-Pack in form of "TL;DR Rules.txt".

:arrow_right: Once more:
This game is simulating a "Client to Business interaction scenario", paying attention to detail is important! Your entry is final, you are not allowed to resubmit, until you are selected for Mix Round 2.
  • You must only submit WAV files with the provided filename template (a simple copy/paste/edit name does the trick).
  • You must make your files accessible (downloadable without needed login)
  • Your must document your edits (at least rudimentary -- as in, one sound you've enjoyed shaping) to add to the learning aspect of the community.

By not adhering to the rules, your entry will be (bar minimum) "tagged disqualified".

If your entry can not be associated with your user account, can not be downloaded, or is grossly violating given and agreed to rules (by joining the game), your entry is being "tagged OUT".

Quite honestly... I'm done repeating myself. I have to do this 5-7 times every single Mix Challenge game.
Every game as rules, and ours are really not that hard to follow. :educate:

I currently count 39 entries on my HDD, and 161 downloads of the multi-tracks.
There are less than 4 days left on the clock.
Clueless

Post by Clueless »

Fixed
I've never used drive before & didn't realise you had to setup in the settings to enable dL
Hopefully all fixed
Apologies for the inconvenience
zed999

Post by zed999 »

A Future in Noise wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:00 CEST
You are flagrantly breaking the rules, @rijavia. Not just one of them. I therefor ask you to take down my song Get A Grip from Soundcloud, alternatively supplement with "Full Credits" according to the provisions of the off-site redistribution agreement. At the same time, I would like to point out that you will still be disqualified.
I don't know if it's been dealt with but there's at least one more soundcloud hosted link further back.
Then there's "I replaced the drums" ...

160+ downloads/potential mixes, I don't envy you!
Mister Fox wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 14:14 CEST

Quite honestly... I'm done repeating myself. I have to do this 5-7 times every single Mix Challenge game.
Every game as rules, and ours are really not that hard to follow. :educate:
I can only speak for myself but there's nothing like being disqualified to focus the mind on the rules. You put a lot of time (during the competition) into trying to help us not mess up which obviously conflicts with the aim to be "real world".

The rules are clearly stated/linked to at the start of the competition. I fully support leaving people to learn from their mistakes. Bang - you're out. No offence to anyone who made a simple mistake, I've been there too! Hard, but real, you don't do it twice? And while focussed on not being disqualified the next time it's only natural to also pay attention to every other way it might happen?

Speaking for myself, this site has taught me a lot, much of it has been painful - just like being disqualified, being tossed aside at the first hurdle (because my mixes were not only unbalanced but boring and not cohesive) focuses like nothing else on improving.
Clueless

Post by Clueless »

So, that means I'm out becos my mix was not avavailable for dL, yet the competition is open till 21st & the mix is OK to dL prior to that date!?
zed999

Post by zed999 »

Clueless wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 15:47 CEST
So, that means I'm out becos my mix was not avavailable for dL, yet the competition is open till 21st & the mix is OK to dL prior to that date!?
I don't think so, I believe you get a little leeway with that one. If you got that from my post, after consideration I edited that bit out as I believe it was incorrect. Then I just saw your post so thought you may have read it before I edited. I apologise for this.

I have sympathy, I have in the past hosted files somewhere and been fooled because the link worked for me when I tested it, only to find that was only because the site automatically signed me on. This time around it took me a while to ensure Dropbox was allowing download to anyone with the link, it was not obvious.
Clueless

Post by Clueless »

zed999 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 16:06 CEST
Clueless wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 15:47 CEST
I don't think so, I believe you get a little leeway with that one. If you got that from my post, after consideration I edited that bit out as I believe it was incorrect. Then I just saw your post so thought you may have read it before I edited. I apologise for this.
That's OK :tu:
I was more referring to this from Mr Fox

If your entry can not be associated with your user account, can not be downloaded, or is grossly violating given and agreed to rules (by joining the game), your entry is being "tagged OUT".
Mister Fox
Site Admin
Site Admin

MIX CHALLENGE - MC097 April 2024 - Submissions until 21-APR-2024 23:59 UTC+2/CEST

Post by Mister Fox »

I usually triple check every entry after the submission period has ended, just to confirm that I have everything for the Statistic Sheet. That is a "silent grace period", indeed.

Everything else has been explained in fine detail multiple times over. Please let us get back to the main game - thank you.
Punchipum

Post by Punchipum »

I tried to give a bit of analog heat to the mix by using (for the first time in a mix) Sonimus' A-Console plugin, apart from what I always use which is bx's SSL channelstrip. For the drums I used some saturation and compression. For the bass a bit of saturation with Decapitator and compression. For keys, synths, etc., I've used OTT quite a bit. For the vocals, the Echoboy and the Seventh Heaven. For choirs, the Microshift.

My idea was to make a mix between something vintage and something modern sounding. I hope I succeeded.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1de68Cm ... sp=sharing